[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

46 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

But on LG and philips speakers they have two red and two white 3.5mm ports so will they recognize the subwoofer which is very important to me as i need decent amount of bass in my content

39 minutes ago, gmanu555 said:

Aux In is where you connect audio input from your pc with aux to rca cable. Only 2 channels. red is right channel white is left channel

Red Fr is front right and white Fl is front left for connecting the output speakers.

If you want to control bass seperately then you can on the LG one with the remote or the buttons on the sub woofer

The LG one also has a 3.5mm input but it's on the front, the RCA ones are on the back.

27 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

If you want to control bass seperately then you can on the LG one with the remote or the buttons on the sub woofer

The LG one also has a 3.5mm input but it's on the front, the RCA ones are on the back.

So i have 2 ways for LG Xboom to connect to PC either the RC Cable you linked or get a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and connect one end to front aux and other to PC 3.5mm green port ?

https://www.amazon.in/AmazonBasics-3-5mm-2-Male-Adapter-cable/dp/B01D5H8JW0

The speaker set seems to have 3.5mm input but that's on the front, the back inputs are RCA, for which you can use the above mentioned cables, plug the 3.5mm to your motherboard, and plug the red white RCA ends to the speaker.

The wire that will go into the pc or monitor is black instead of green. Aren't pc AV cables color specific with functionality

Where would i plug this into the on mobo or monitor? Both have a green and black 3.5mm port

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

The wire that will go into the pc or monitor is black instead of green. Aren't pc AV cables color specific with functionality

Where would i plug this into the on mobo or monitor? Both have a green and black 3.5mm port

Color coding is given to distinguish aux ports. Generally green is line out, blue is line in and red is mic.

Im thinking what you are mentioning black port is for headphones generally positioned in easily accessible way (front/top of cpu). 

Green one is the line out where you connect the speakers which will be on back of your cpu/ monitor.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Doesn't matter in this case, it's a 3.5mm cable goes into audio out jack, goes in headphone jack, you can even put it in MIC jack,

11 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

So i have 2 ways for LG Xboom to connect to PC either the RC Cable you linked or get a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and connect one end to front aux and other to PC 3.5mm green port ?

Yes.

AUX basically means this same 3.5mm jack.

I purchased 2 "aux extension cables" for ease in switching audio input between PC mobo and Monitor  to the speakers, works just as expected.

• Like 1

Guys, I am building a PC based around 10900K /3080, pcpartpicker.com estimated the total wattage at 619W(at max load) and 151W(at min load) , so I am going with a 750W PSU.

Now my home already has a 650VA sinewave home-UPS installed, can I plug the system directly into the home-UPS supply? Will it be able to hold before I cleanly shutdown? Or should I get a separate UPS? (Also has another 850VA inverter installed, but its not sinewave, so I guess it won't work?)

Thanks.

1 hour ago, WhoCantBeNamed said:

Guys, I am building a PC based around 10900K /3080, pcpartpicker.com estimated the total wattage at 619W(at max load) and 151W(at min load) , so I am going with a 750W PSU.

Now my home already has a 650VA sinewave home-UPS installed, can I plug the system directly into the home-UPS supply? Will it be able to hold before I cleanly shutdown? Or should I get a separate UPS? (Also has another 850VA inverter installed, but its not sinewave, so I guess it won't work?)

Thanks.

Your UPS only need to support the wattage required to shutdown your PC. You won't be running/using max load or anywhere close to 750W. 

Try with 650VA first. Else, go for 1kVA UPS. 

650VA = 650xPF (usually 0.5-0.7). Your UPS will handle roughly 455W max load. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Your UPS only need to support the wattage required to shutdown your PC. You won't be running/using max load or anywhere close to 750W. 

Try with 650VA first. Else, go for 1kVA UPS. 

650VA = 650xPF (usually 0.5-0.7). Your UPS will handle roughly 455W max load. 

Thanks. This sounds like the best bet.

Friend of mine is building a PC with 3070.. These are the specs.. Tell if its good or any changes needed..

Processor : Ryzen 7 3700x
RAM : Corsair Vengeance 16GB
Motherboard : MSI B450 Tomahawk Max Pro
GPU : Zotac 3070
SSD : Evo 500GB
HDD : 2TB
PSU : Corsair 750W
Case : Ant Esports 511

11 hours ago, funnyadit said:

Friend of mine is building a PC with 3070.. These are the specs.. Tell if its good or any changes needed..

Looks good enough. You can change motherboard to B550 if you want; else B450 is just fine. 

Most of them don't change CPU every 1-3 years, so getting "future compatible board" don't make much sense. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, funnyadit said:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X is for the same price as Ryzen 7 3700x.

Which one would be better? @Joe Cool

• Thanks 1

5600x is better than 3700x but also need to change motherboard. B450 don't support it yet out of the box.

It is worth considering getting 5600x + B550 board as you get solid 15-20% better performance. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

5600x is better than 3700x but also need to change motherboard. B450 don't support it yet out of the box.

It is worth considering getting 5600x + B550 board as you get solid 15-20% better performance. 

Seeing the performance gain I have suggested him to get this combo.. Will this motherboard be good?

https://www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/msi-b550m-pro-vdh-wifi-amd-b550-motherboard/

5 minutes ago, funnyadit said:

Seeing the performance gain I have suggested him to get this combo.. Will this motherboard be good?

https://www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/msi-b550m-pro-vdh-wifi-amd-b550-motherboard/

MSI B550-A Pro

MSI B550M Mortar

MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk

Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro

x570 choice - ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus

All good choices. Try to get newly manufactured/boxed unit so you can avoid BIOS update. If you plan to get it assembled, they will take care of it I guess. Else you have to flash BIOS. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks phantom and gmanu. I bought LG K72B xboom speakers got them hooked up to PC by RC  to aux cable at first the amazon basics cable wasn't working on both monitor and PC so i got worried, it seems it has a weird design that at the speaker end the amazon wires don't connect tightly so i had to push in hard and on the mobo end the wire is a bit lose and doesn't hold in place very tightly.

I was worried and tried the speakers on phone which worked then after tightening the wires it's working now on mobo but when i connect to monitor the speakers don't show up in playback devices of sound settings, they only show up when connected to mobo.

So i am only getting PC audio, currently as i don't have a tv i wanted to connect them to the monitor via it's aux input. So that i can use it for PS4 or xbox when i connect them to monitor hdmi port.

Should i get a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable from amazon to connect from front aux port of the LG subwoofer to monitor 3.5mm aux ? Is it safe connecting both inputs on subwoofer simultaneously ?

49 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Thanks phantom and gmanu. I bought LG K72B xboom speakers got them hooked up to PC by RC  to aux cable at first the amazon basics cable wasn't working on both monitor and PC so i got worried, it seems it has a weird design that at the speaker end the amazon wires don't connect tightly so i had to push in hard and on the mobo end the wire is a bit lose and doesn't hold in place very tightly.

I was worried and tried the speakers on phone which worked then after tightening the wires it's working now on mobo but when i connect to monitor the speakers don't show up in playback devices of sound settings, they only show up when connected to mobo.

So i am only getting PC audio, currently as i don't have a tv i wanted to connect them to the monitor via it's aux input. So that i can use it for PS4 or xbox when i connect them to monitor hdmi port.

Should i get a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable from amazon to connect from front aux port of the LG subwoofer to monitor 3.5mm aux ? Is it safe connecting both inputs on subwoofer simultaneously ?

how is the monitor connected to the mobo? the connection from Mobo to monitor should also route sound. Afaik only DisplayPort and HDMI support audio.

For instance a console if connected to the monitor via HDMI will route audio over HDMI and the monitor will route the audio thru internal speakers or via the 3.5mm out jack to the speakers if connected.

In short if the monitor is not receiving audio from the mobo, it will not send audio to the speakers since there is nothing to send. Secondly speakers connected to monitor 3.5mm jack will not show up in windows as windows is only interacting with the monitor and not speakers.

Edited by Walker

3 minutes ago, Walker said:

how is the monitor connected to the mobo? the connection from Mobo to monitor should also route sound. 

For instance a console if connected to the monitor via HDMI will route audio over HDMI and the monitor will route the audio thru internal speakers or via the 3.5mm out jack to the speakers if connected.

In short if the monitor is not receiving audio from the mobo, it will not send audio to the speakers since there is nothing to send. Secondly speakers connected to monitor 3.5mm jack will not show up in windows as windows is only interacting with the monitor and not speakers.

Ah damn so how will i choose speakers connected to the monitor, since only my benq monitor shows up when 3.5mm wire is connected to monitor green aux port.

I have connected my monitor to my gtx970 with hdmi cable i think hdmi 1.4 it's a belkin cable. Then speakers RC to 3.5mm cable was connected to monitor green 3.5mm slot but it didn't work but when connected to green 3.5mm port on mobo it works.

OK I'm pretty sure the 970 outputs audio over HDMI. Check the what is selected under windows output devices. LeftClick on the sound icon in the taskbar and see what the default shows. Click the up arrow  and you should see Select Playback Devices. See what other devices are listed there and select the correct one.

Edit : Does your monitor have inbuilt speakers? See if audio works on the inbuilt speakers first.

Edited by Walker

OK I'm pretty sure the 970 outputs audio over HDMI. Check the what is selected under windows output devices. LeftClick on the sound icon in the taskbar and see what the default shows. Click the up arrow  and you should see Select Playback Devices. See what other devices are listed there and select the correct one.

Edit : Does your monitor have inbuilt speakers? See if audio works on the inbuilt speakers first.

The current selected device is speakers (realtek high definition audio).

Here is the entire list the green ticked one is only selected. Like i said this ticked one doesn't show up if i connect the 3.5mm cable to the monitor.

And yeah the benq rl24 has in built speakers which are working.

20210114-222137.jpg

1> Disconnect the speakers from the mobo and leave them disconnected.

2> Select Benq as the main output so the green tick is on benq

3> Play an audio file and see if the audio plays from the benq inbuilt speakers.

4> If it plays then connect the LG speakers to the monitor 3.5mm output

This is to test a) sound is reaching the monitor via existing connection b) if the monitor 3.5mm output is working.