[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

1 hour ago, Walker said:

1> Disconnect the speakers from the mobo and leave them disconnected.

2> Select Benq as the main output so the green tick is on benq

3> Play an audio file and see if the audio plays from the benq inbuilt speakers.

4> If it plays then connect the LG speakers to the monitor 3.5mm output

This is to test a) sound is reaching the monitor via existing connection b) if the monitor 3.5mm output is working.

Green one right ? Not the black one

I did this process in the afternoon with testing youtube the benq speakers work with audio & also had connected the ps4 a hour back and it too had audio on the monitor, can i connect something else to the green 3.5mm port to see if it's working ? My old z313 are kaput and this set wasn't recognized so without spending is there a device at home that i can connect, with covid i won't be able to get anything from a friend to check.

benq RL2455? The green is line out/headphone jack. The black is line in. You can connect any headphones to the green one and see if there's sound.

Edit Honestly though, why connect the speakers to the monitor instead of the mobo? The output via the 3.5mm on my Benq GL2460HM was much worse than when the speakers were connected to the mobo directly. Whatever chipset is on the Benq is way worse than the realtek.

Edited by Walker

40 minutes ago, Walker said:

benq RL2455? The green is line out/headphone jack. The black is line in. You can connect any headphones to the green one and see if there's sound.

Edit Honestly though, why connect the speakers to the monitor instead of the mobo? The output via the 3.5mm on my Benq GL2460HM was much worse than when the speakers were connected to the mobo directly. Whatever chipset is on the Benq is way worse than the realtek.

Yes i understand your point, i only have one display at home right now, my TV went kaput last year and the new TV i bought had horrible DSE same for it's replacement, so i applied for a refund, now when i play ps4 and xbox using the monitor i have to use in built speakers which are nothing special, and if my speakers are connected to mobo then i am not able to use them on consoles so thus i though of two options

1] Connect speakers directly to monitor so as to use them for both PC and console needs
2] Connect to mobo using current RC cabling and use front aux jack of LG K72B to connect to monitor using [3.5mm-3.5mm cable], but is this safe though since i will be using two connections simultaneously

1 minute ago, NitroNeo said:

Yes i understand your point, i only have one display at home right now, my TV went kaput last year and the new TV i bought had horrible DSE same for it's replacement, so i applied for a refund, now when i play ps4 and xbox using the monitor i have to use in built speakers which are nothing special, and if my speakers are connected to mobo then i am not able to use them on consoles so thus i though of two options

1] Connect speakers directly to monitor so as to use them for both PC and console needs
2] Connect to mobo using current RC cabling and use front aux jack of LG K72B to connect to monitor using [3.5mm-3.5mm cable], but is this safe though since i will be using two connections simultaneously

From personal experience most speaker amplifiers are designed to auto switch to one of the existing inputs by default and not both at the same time.

Think of it like a TV, you can connect an Xbox, PS4 and Switch to 3 HDMI slots but even if you switch on all three consoles at the same time, the TV will only display one input at a time, if that makes sense?

• Like 1

From personal experience most speaker amplifiers are designed to auto switch to one of the existing inputs by default and not both at the same time.

Think of it like a TV, you can connect an Xbox, PS4 and Switch to 3 HDMI slots but even if you switch on all three consoles at the same time, the TV will only display one input at a time, if that makes sense?
Ah i totally forgot about how priority is handled on this set. You are correct both would use the power cable audio mode and would end up depending on the speaker weather it prioratizes RC input or 3.5mm aux.

It does have a bluetooth option so i can connect a ps4 or xbox one via bluetooth?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Ah i totally forgot about how priority is handled on this set. You are correct both would use the power cable audio mode and would end up depending on the speaker weather it prioratizes RC input or 3.5mm aux.

It does have a bluetooth option so i can connect a ps4 or xbox one via bluetooth?

Not sure about xbox but PS4 unfortunately does not support bluetooth audio :(

Have you tried connecting a headset to the monitor green 3.5mm. Check if that port is working.

Not sure about xbox but PS4 unfortunately does not support bluetooth audio [emoji20]

Have you tried connecting a headset to the monitor green 3.5mm. Check if that port is working.
I'll try connecting one today and report later, a cheap mobile phone 3.5mm headset should be fine right so if it gets any high voltage i won't lose a good quality one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HEMAN said:

Can someone help me score a RTX 3080FE at not so insane price? 

Received a reply to my 3080FE enquiry mail today stating that the stock is expected to arrive in 1 week.

Edited by WhoCantBeNamed

On 1/11/2021 at 9:03 PM, Joe Cool said:

Your UPS only need to support the wattage required to shutdown your PC. You won't be running/using max load or anywhere close to 750W. 

Try with 650VA first. Else, go for 1kVA UPS. 

650VA = 650xPF (usually 0.5-0.7). Your UPS will handle roughly 455W max load. 

While searching for a UPS, came across APC BX1100C-IN (https://mdcomputers.in/apc-1-1kva-230v-bx1100c-in.html) , in the comments it is written that the transfer time of it is 10ms while a highend system needs a "Smart UPS" with transfer time of 2ms or less and hence we can face shutdowns.

Do I need to get a "Smart UPS"?

Any advice please?

Edited by WhoCantBeNamed

9 minutes ago, WhoCantBeNamed said:

Do I need to get a "Smart UPS"?

While searching for a UPS, came across APC BX1100C-IN (https://mdcomputers.in/apc-1-1kva-230v-bx1100c-in.html) , in the comments it is written that the transfer time of it is 10ms while a highend system need a UPS with transfer time of 2ms or less and hence we can face shutdowns.

Any advice please?

This model manages to keep PS4 Pro running during power outages, you should be okay.

• Thanks 1

Ok so i forgot to post. I checked using the old zogitech z313 speakers which have a 3.5mm wire. First i tried them connecting directly to the 3.5mm jack of a moto phone which did output audio.

So then connected them to the monitor green port. I mentioned the color since there is a black 3.5mm port also on the monitor and i don't want someone to randomly pop up and say i connected to the wrong port. Anyway on the monitor though the soeakers didn't produce sound and in playback devices they didn't even pop up. Si either there is a different way on benq to change the setting or the port on monitor is kaput.

I was looking at this alternative way, as audio port on mobos die alot. And i don't know if i could find a good board if my current maximus ranger (skylake) loses it's line out port

I'll check the settings on GL2460HM when I get home. But I don't think there's anything specific to be changed on the monitor.

Edit : no special settings on the monitor. It auto switches to the 3.5mm when I connected the speakers to the monitor.

Edited by Walker

My pc has been shutting down randomly at any time.

After making an upgrade to a new pc components ( new Gigabyte Z490M with Intel core i7 10700 and 16gb DDR4) and had to reinstall windows 10.

Windows and drivers are fully updated.

I am facing a constant random pc shut down since last few days.

I see the message that windows is shutting down while gaming or browsing online.

No dust. Pc is under temperatures of 35 deg during browsing and under 60 deg during gaming. Fans are all running fine.

It just randomly shuts down and then it tries to power back on its own and fails and stops. This has been happening quite frequently since the last couple of days.

Can't understand what the problem is.

Looked at the logs for shut down and says critical error kernal power 41 60 error.

Changed power setting to balanced and set hard drive to never shut down and other normal behaviour.

Turned off the quick start option in windows.

Still facing the random shutdown issue.

Kindly help.

Sent from my motorola one fusion+ using Tapatalk