[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

Could be PSU too. 

Check BIOS settings

Check Windows power settings

Remove GPU, RAM and set 1 by 1 and see if problem is there in either parts

Run sfc /scannow

Check BlueScreenView

Kernel power error 41 error message states that the system has rebooted without first cleanly shutting-down. It doesn't provide much info. 

Gathered the courage to build a PC only to find out the motherboard was DOA. I feel like sh*t.

Gigabyte has asked to ship it to the service center in Delhi. How is the RMA scene of Gigabyte? Anyone having any prior experience regarding this?

Thanks.

Edited by WhoCantBeNamed
  • Sad 1

Guys I need help.

I tried installing nee ram in my desktop now it won’t post. Even if I remove the new sticks and keep the old it won’t post. It was working absolutely fine up until now.

I am trying to add all four sticks (2 new and 2 old) on the system. The old ones were in dimm 1 and 2 while the new ones are in 3 and 4 

all ram sticks are 4gb 1600 mhz DDR3

the motherboard lights up all the fans are spinning but it won’t post. my mouse also doesn’t light up like it usually does. 

i have also tried removing the motherboard battery, unplugging the words and repligging etc

please help :/

update: everything works fine if I have only one memory stick installed. Old or new doesn’t matter but works with only one for now.

enabled xmp settings. Now 2 sticks work but they don’t work together. The old and the new

Edited by hussain

Hi guys this is the issue I'm facing

20210126-113259.jpg

If i go into bios and click save and exit PC starts and works normally and then i tried exiting the bios by pressing discard changes and exit and this following error occured after using the PC for a short while

20210129-004538.jpg

Do i need to replace the CMOS battery on MOBO?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, hussain said:

I am trying to add all four sticks (2 new and 2 old) on the system. The old ones were in dimm 1 and 2 while the new ones are in 3 and 4 

all ram sticks are 4gb 1600 mhz DDR3

Try adding old sticks in 2 & 4 and new ones in 1 & 3.

On 1/30/2021 at 2:21 PM, NitroNeo said:

Hi guys this is the issue I'm facing

If i go into bios and click save and exit PC starts and works normally and then i tried exiting the bios by pressing discard changes and exit and this following error occured after using the PC for a short while

Do i need to replace the CMOS battery on MOBO?

Cant see images. :| 

Edited by WhoCantBeNamed

14 hours ago, WhoCantBeNamed said:

Gathered the courage to build a PC only to find out the motherboard was DOA. I feel like sh*t.

Gigabyte has asked to ship it to the service center in Delhi. How is the RMA scene of Gigabyte? Anyone having any prior experience regarding this?

Thanks.

Lemme know if you face any issues, will help with the support :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

So it seems after checking the specific error it is the CMOS battery problem, but which is a good long lasting CMOS battery i could buy any idea ? Need a good brand not some street brands

https://www.amazon.in/Panasonic-CR2032-Coin-Batteries-Silver/dp/B0038YHSXW/ref=asc_df_B0038YHSXW/?tag=googleshopdes-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=397080596354&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6309195146783452970&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9300528&hvtargid=pla-377916782303&psc=1&ext_vrnc=hi

Panasonic and Duracell make them.

This type of battery also used in those glucose monitoring devices and a bunch of other things

The battery is called CR2032 coin cell battery.

You may find it in medical shops that keep said blood glucose monitoring devices or stationery shops.

• Like 1

https://www.amazon.in/Panasonic-CR2032-Coin-Batteries-Silver/dp/B0038YHSXW/ref=asc_df_B0038YHSXW/?tag=googleshopdes-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=397080596354&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6309195146783452970&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9300528&hvtargid=pla-377916782303&psc=1&ext_vrnc=hi

Panasonic and Duracell make them.
This type of battery also used in those glucose monitoring devices and a bunch of other things

The battery is called CR2032 coin cell battery.
You may find it in medical shops that keep said blood glucose monitoring devices or stationery shops.

Whoa cool thanks

5 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

idk, never heard of this one, Duracell/Panasonic ones are cheap anyway.

I needed those urgently and couldn't get the above brands locally so had to get some brand called lithium cr 2032 the pc shop said they only sell these, will this do or cause the PC issues? They said this is used brand for clocks etc

Is the job of cmos battery only to save bios settings? Or does it do anything more?

Hi, I have an Xbox Series X and I have been using a Champion UPS 800VA or 480Watts. It just can’t support the xbox when full gaming load is active - xbox just shuts down. I read that XSX pulls upto 300-350 Watts of power and the UPS should ideally support upto 480 Watts. What’s happening? Should I get a higher wattage UPS? Please suggest a good UPS

Edited by 0verlord