[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

On 1/31/2021 at 6:52 PM, WhoCantBeNamed said:

Thank you! I have shipped the mobo to the service center, waiting to get the RMA no.

Update: Received a call from the Gigabyte Service Center that the motherboard is working fine there, also received a video of the same. Waiting to get it back so I could try it once again.

2 hours ago, HundredProofSam said:

Intel Core i7 4790K CPU - 5k
MSI Gaming 5 Z97 motherboard - 4k
Cooler Master N600 case - 1.5k
Cooler Master Seidon 120V Plus cooler - 2k
Cooler Master MWE 650 W bronze power supply (under warranty) - 2.5k
HyperX Fury 16 GB DDR3 RAM - 3k
Zotac GTX 1060 graphics card - 10k
LG DVD drive - 500
AOC 27-inch FHD IPS monitor - 8k

Maybe.. 

Depending on the condition and warranty

• Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 4:19 PM, Rey said:

Update: Received a call from the Gigabyte Service Center that the motherboard is working fine there, also received a video of the same. Waiting to get it back so I could try it once again.

Forgot to update. Received the motherboard back after a couple of days and it worked fine this time. :D 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

Air cooler for Ryzen 5600x. I am using the stock cooler and have undervolted the CPU still goes to 75c during gaming. Preferably something non RGB.

What are the idle temps? 75 seems normal under load. I think you'd need to go the AIO way if anything less than that is required.

3 hours ago, Rey said:

What are the idle temps? 75 seems normal under load. I think you'd need to go the AIO way if anything less than that is required.

Idle temps are 40-45c. I know temps are normal for stock cooler. My city gets too hot in summer so kinda preparing for that. 

17 hours ago, StormShadow said:

Been waiting too long for 3080 FE. Any leads where to get it from? I know RPtech. But never managed to grab one due to their site crashing when the card comes back in stock.

Cheers.

Right now, RP Tech is your best option to get it at retail price. Else prepare to pay 2-3x the cost for AIBs or a significant margin over the MSRP of the FE cards if you choose to buy from scalpers. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2021 at 3:34 PM, HundredProofSam said:

How much can I realistically expect if I sell this PC?

Intel Core i7 4790K CPU
MSI Gaming 5 Z97 motherboard
Cooler Master N600 case
Cooler Master Seidon 120V Plus cooler
Cooler Master MWE 650 W bronze power supply (under warranty)
HyperX Fury 16 GB DDR3 RAM
Zotac GTX 1060 graphics card
LG DVD drive
AOC 27-inch FHD IPS monitor

Keeping my Samsung SSD, so selling without storage drive

Hey! Are you still looking to sell? I'm looking for an upgrade so interested in purchasing the RAM and the GPU, but I understand that it may not be desirable for you to break up your PC.

In that case, I have two offers
1. I'll buy the GPU + RAM, and in return *also* give you my existing EVGA GTX 760 + 8 GB Gskill Ripjaws RAM both in working condition so that you still have a PC. :P
2. I'll buy the entire thing except the monitor, but my budget isn't too much (as I don't really need the rest of the stuff) so it might be a bit of a compromise from your end

I'm from Mumbai too :)

^^This hooks into my other question for PC Gurus! (Looks like Alpha sire isn't active here nowadays :P)

I want to upgrade my RAM (the more the better, around 32GB is what I had in mind), but I think it's pointless to buy new DDR3 ram because if something happens to my CPU/Mobo I will have to buy new DDR4 again.

My current specs:

i5 - 4570

Some B series mobo for the above chipset

8gb ddr3 RAM

Some Seasonic 500/600W PSU

GTX 760

I'm wondering if it would be a wise choice to upgrade the CPU, MOBO, and RAM and keep everything else the same. My PSU is also around 7 years old, should I also replace that to avoid risking it fry my other components? Or just get old DDR3 RAM?

I don't game much on the PC, and mostly do programming, and a bit of video editing (nothing crazy, just screen recording stuff). So I don't really need the CPU power, but it won't hurt.

Sorry for so many ad-hoc questions, would greatly appreciate if someone can guide me even if a little :) A bit tight on budget (waiting for M1X Pros, hopefully in June) , because all I really really want is RAM, everything else I'm overthinking / is circumstantial haha

Edited by oxalorg

1 hour ago, oxalorg said:

CPU, MOBO, and RAM and keep everything else the same.

That's everything though? GPU you can plug and play on any these days. PSU as long it is working it is fine as well.

If you just want more RAM, then get RAM alone. DDR3 shouldn't be too expensive compared to brand new DDR4 32 GB RAM. 

Since you are tight on budget and seem to be waiting for M1X in ~2-3 months, you are better off getting cheap DDR3 RAM. 

• Like 1