[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

36 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Can someone suggest a gaming mobo + cpu combo? Budget 25k max

Hello Dylanjosh,

If you have GPU already then get 10400F + B460 board

If you don't have GPU get 4650G + MSI A520M Vector WiFi board or try to extend your budget and go for 5600G + MSI A520M Vector WiFi motherboard

39 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Can someone suggest a gaming mobo + cpu combo? Budget 25k max

Hello Dylanjosh

If you have GPU already then get Intel Core i5-10400F + B460 board and if you don't then Ryzen 5 Pro 4650G OEM + MSI A520M Vector WiFi motherboard.

In our opinion we shall suggest to increase budget and Get Ryzen 5 5600G + MSI A520M Vector WiFi Motherboard

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone here tell me which of these motherboards is best for a 5600x?

https://mdcomputers.in/gigabyte-atx-motherboard-b550-gaming-x.html

https://mdcomputers.in/asrock-b550m-steel-legend.html

https://mdcomputers.in/asrock-b550-pro4.html

https://mdcomputers.in/asrock-b550-phantom-gaming-4-ac.html

https://mdcomputers.in/asrock-b550-phantom-gaming-4.html

I would prefer an ATX motherboard just so that all the components have enough space, my older mobo had that issue where the graphics card would cover a sata port and all that, sab ko apni apni jagah milni chahiye lol. 

I honestly cant tell the boards apart. Theres so much jargon i wont ever be able to piece everything together

Hi guys I need your help. I have ryzen 1600 with GTX 1060 gpu. My gpu have stopped working. I need to buy another gpu as ryzen 1600 doesn't have integrated graphics. Seeing the increased price of all GPU, I need the cheapest gpu that can work with my system. Please suggest one.

4 hours ago, Abdulah said:

Hi guys I need your help. I have ryzen 1600 with GTX 1060 gpu. My gpu have stopped working. I need to buy another gpu as ryzen 1600 doesn't have integrated graphics. Seeing the increased price of all GPU, I need the cheapest gpu that can work with my system. Please suggest one.

If temporary then look for (used) 2060/2070 stuff. If new upgrade then look for 3060/3070. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Abdulah said:

Do you really mean cheapest? I think 1050 ti is what they put in beginner build

• Thanks 1

On 10/30/2021 at 2:36 PM, hussain said:

Can anyone here tell me which of these motherboards is best for a 5600x?

https://mdcomputers.in/gigabyte-atx-motherboard-b550-gaming-x.html

https://mdcomputers.in/asrock-b550m-steel-legend.html

https://mdcomputers.in/asrock-b550-pro4.html

https://mdcomputers.in/asrock-b550-phantom-gaming-4-ac.html

https://mdcomputers.in/asrock-b550-phantom-gaming-4.html

I would prefer an ATX motherboard just so that all the components have enough space, my older mobo had that issue where the graphics card would cover a sata port and all that, sab ko apni apni jagah milni chahiye lol. 

I honestly cant tell the boards apart. Theres so much jargon i wont ever be able to piece everything together

Try to get B550 Steel Legend, if you're budget isn't that much then ASRock B550 Pro 4 is good for 5600X but will recommend B550M Steel legend.

On 10/30/2021 at 3:34 PM, Abdulah said:

GT 710 cheapest GPU for display purpose, you can game on it too but FPS won't be good. If you want something for gaming then try for Used 1050Ti/1060/750Ti.

• Thanks 1

Guys, I have a headphone with 2 separate jacks for audio and mic. How can I use it with devices with only a single 3.5mm jack (like PS4 controller) so that both mic and headphone work? Do I need a separate connector or something?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Rey said:

Guys, I have a headphone with 2 separate jacks for audio and mic. How can I use it with devices with only a single 3.5mm jack (like PS4 controller) so that both mic and headphone work? Do I need a separate connector or something?

Thanks.

NISUN 3.5mm Jack Headphone Mic Audio Y Splitter Cable 1 Male to 2 Female with Separate Headset / Microphone Adapter (30 cm) – Black : Amazon.in: Electronics
something like this might work, check around about this before ordering.

Edited by harjas
  • Thanks 1

Is RPTech safe? Any of you who brought GPUs from there, did you guys register there first before sending enquiry? How long do they generally take to reply? Also, in the current FE's is separate cooling necessary or is NVidia's stock cooling enough?

I'm asking this because recently all my games are crashing after 10-15 mins of use (My current GPU is 1080ti). I suspect it's GPU problem. I would prefer not to replace the GPU. Is there any way to get it repaired (In/Near Mumbai).

Thanks for the help guys.

40 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Is RPTech safe? Any of you who brought GPUs from there, did you guys register there first before sending enquiry? How long do they generally take to reply? Also, in the current FE's is separate cooling necessary or is NVidia's stock cooling enough?

I'm asking this because recently all my games are crashing after 10-15 mins of use (My current GPU is 1080ti). I suspect it's GPU problem. I would prefer not to replace the GPU. Is there any way to get it repaired (In/Near Mumbai).

Thanks for the help guys.

I bought by gpu from rptech. 3070. Took them 6 months to reply lol. But they're reliable. 

But before that I'd advise making sure it's the gpu issue only. 

Edited by dylanjosh

I am planning to buy a gaming laptop or get a desktop built. I haven't played any games on PC since 2006-2007. The current laptop I have is an Acer Predator Helios 300 with i5 and 1050Ti. I use it for playing Dota 2 occasionally. 

Looking for suggestions from the experts here with the pro's and con's of buying a gaming laptop vs having a desktop. Always wanted a dual monitor setup with a high end setup. 

I looked at some of the laptops in the Legion 5 series with 3060 and 3070 cards ranging from 1.5 to 1.7 lacs. How much would I have to shell out for a PC with 3080?

Usage will be getting back into PC gaming (not 100% sure as am playing on console for over a decade :D).

4 hours ago, R a g h u said:

I am planning to buy a gaming laptop or get a desktop built. I haven't played any games on PC since 2006-2007. The current laptop I have is an Acer Predator Helios 300 with i5 and 1050Ti. I use it for playing Dota 2 occasionally. 

Looking for suggestions from the experts here with the pro's and con's of buying a gaming laptop vs having a desktop. Always wanted a dual monitor setup with a high end setup. 

I looked at some of the laptops in the Legion 5 series with 3060 and 3070 cards ranging from 1.5 to 1.7 lacs. How much would I have to shell out for a PC with 3080?

Usage will be getting back into PC gaming (not 100% sure as am playing on console for over a decade :D).

The main point of getting a laptop irrespective of it being gaming or normal one is portability. 

For pc with AIB 3080 card you'll have to spend around 2.2L~  

Config shall be 5800X + B550 board + 16GB Kit ram + 3080 + 750w gold psu + 1TB NVMe SSD + 360mm Liquid Cooler + Good airflow chassis.

Which games are you going to play?

In our opinion in this type of situation where cards are priced horribly getting an 3060Ti is great. Shall cost a bit more but gaming experience on it will be good.

Let us know if you're seeking to get an PC we shall suggest as well as we can provide pc. Configuration depending upon your budget and purpose of system.

Planning for HTPC download build its 24x7 should be low power pc Idle ~ < 10 W.

Especially for Plex to stream locally 4K movies , there is no other need apart from download rig and plex.

Please provide recommendation. 

• 1 month later...

What do you guys recommend for a high end gaming PC - surge protection or UPS? I have an inverter at home which is pretty quick i.e PC doesn't shut down in between power failure and battery backup.

So would surge protection be enough? Which one do you guys recommend?

I have consoles as well. So the more plugs the merrier.

Thanks.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, StormShadow said:

What do you guys recommend for a high end gaming PC - surge protection or UPS? I have an inverter at home which is pretty quick i.e PC doesn't shut down in between power failure and battery backup.

So would surge protection be enough? Which one do you guys recommend?

I have consoles as well. So the more plugs the merrier.

Thanks.

Cheers.

Inverters these days do have UPS mode, but in that mode the voltage range drops from 100-300v to 180-260V. This is not good in areas where there is frequent voltage fluctuations or blacks outs. For e.g. if the line voltage drops below 180 the inverter will switch over to the battery and this will keep happening again and again. This will drain the inverter battery sooner and there won’t be any back up left when the power actually fails. It’s always better to equip the Computer with its dedicated UPS and let inverter take care of the whole house.

Both for high end pc. Belkin or GM surge protector + appropriate VA UPS shall do the job.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 12:46 PM, Gtek said:

Inverters these days do have UPS mode, but in that mode the voltage range drops from 100-300v to 180-260V. This is not good in areas where there is frequent voltage fluctuations or blacks outs. For e.g. if the line voltage drops below 180 the inverter will switch over to the battery and this will keep happening again and again. This will drain the inverter battery sooner and there won’t be any back up left when the power actually fails. It’s always better to equip the Computer with its dedicated UPS and let inverter take care of the whole house.

Both for high end pc. Belkin or GM surge protector + appropriate VA UPS shall do the job.

So APC offline UPS would do the job or online UPS would be better?

Cheers.