[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

Guys everytime I need to loginto my GFWL profile, my modem gets restarted. When I tried resetting my IP, it works after I restart my PC, but the next time I power on, it's the same. So, every time I need to login I need to reset my IP and restart my PC. Any way around this issue? :samui:

Give your PC a static IP, open ports for GFWL. They are the same as the ones for XBL. Pretty sure that should fix it.

Give your PC a static IP, open ports for GFWL. They are the same as the ones for XBL. Pretty sure that should fix it.

But how come it works fine when I rest my IP for one occassion alone?

EDIT: Also, my xbl connections are flawless. So, GFWL should also be fine right?

Edited by devil_angel

Allright guys, here's an update to my GFWL woes!

I'm at the brink of my patience. I've forwarded all the ports necessary, enabled upnp, disabled the firewall......and all other minor tweaks possible. Still my modem reboots when I try to log into GFWL.

The only partial solution so far is when I reset my ip using "netsh int ip reset" in the cmd, and restart, I'm able to log in for once, and I mean once only! Even if I quit the game and try and log in again, the modem reboots. So, I have to repeat the whole process to log in again. And this is the procedure I've been using for ages. Now totally fed up and out of patience. There......end of rant.

If anyone has any idea about what else I can do to end this, your help is appreciated

Thank you.

Also, is it possible to manually limit my internet speed? (without using 3rd party softwares)