[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

CPU = ok

Mobo = G33 chipset has integrated graphics - otherwise it is pretty similar to the p35 recommendation i made.

HDD = whatever SATA drive you can afford

RAM = i'm not too sure whether you can use DDR2/800 with the quad proc or you need to stick with the faster DDR3/1033

Graphics = check the price difference between the 256mb 8600gts and the 320mb 8800gts before finalising.

Monitor = ok

you missed out on the DVDRW+DL & the Case/PSU

V

Called up my computer guy today this is what he suggested

CPU- Intel Q6600

MOBO- Sum 975???

HDD- SATA 160gb

RAM- 2gb kingston (ill upgrade later)

Graphics card- 8500gt (didn't have the 8600 gt)

Monitor- 19" viewsonic

+ Speakers, Cabinet, DVD writer, etc-

For 44000 or 46500(with the 8600gt). Sounds good to me.

Edited by Infinity091

the foundation of your system is the cpu+mobo - just make sure you get a branded mobo (asus, gigabyte, msi) and if it supports the newer 45nm cpus (for future upgrades). everything else, including the graphics card can be upgraded or swapped later on.

V

Yes, I would recommend the XFX 650i. Rock solid, and OCs like crazy. But I don't get why so many people are going for quad cores. Unless you are doing some heavy rendering, or encoding HD movies, there is no use in buying quad cores. You can get an E6750 5k cheaper, and gaming performance is the same as quad core. You can probably OC it better as well on stock cooling. Save the 5k, spend more on the GFX card, better PSU, or a bigger hard drive.

Yes, I would recommend the XFX 650i. Rock solid, and OCs like crazy. But I don't get why so many people are going for quad cores. Unless you are doing some heavy rendering, or encoding HD movies, there is no use in buying quad cores. You can get an E6750 5k cheaper, and gaming performance is the same as quad core. You can probably OC it better as well on stock cooling. Save the 5k, spend more on the GFX card, better PSU, or a bigger hard drive.

But im not getting a new computer for 3-4 years after this and i cant change the processor so i might as well get the newest 1 and i can upgrade the rest when i need to.

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN HIJACKED !!!! :@

:tongue4:

But im not getting a new computer for 3-4 years after this and i cant change the processor so i might as well get the newest 1 and i can upgrade the rest when i need to.

Wouldn't it be better to upgrade the processor when needed? I change my processor almost every 6 months. Even with this processor, it's going to get obsolete withing 2 months. It's always better to buy the 'mid range' processor of each generation (which lasts about 5-6 months), which cost not more than 7k. Just my 2 cents..

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/artic...&cat_id=556

Building a PC under 20K Version: 10.07

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ CPU - 3,000

Jetway M2A692-GDG (AMD's 690G chipset) - 3,150

Kingston 2 x 512 MB DDR2 667 MHz Memory - 1,500 (Suggest you opt for 2GB + 1,500)

VIP ATX Cabinet with 300 Watts SMPS - 1,250

Seagate Barracuda 250 GB SATA Hard Disk - 2,900

Samsung SyncMaster 793S Monitor - 4,500

ATI x1250 onboard Graphics - Onboard

Lite-On 20X DVD Writer - 1,500

Onboard Azalia HD 8-channel audio - Onboard

Artis S500 2.1 Channel Speakers - 1,300 (Nahh, get headphones instead)

Logitech Spill-resistant Standard Keyboard - 300

Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse - 400

Onboard LAN - Onboard

--------------------

Total: Rs. 19,800

Not a bad rig, pop in a 8600GT (+ 7-8k) and you can play Crysis (the demo is out, woohooo!) at 1024x768 (medium image quality) comfortably!

V