[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

Alright, i finally grabbed my parts. E8400+Asus P5KPL-VM+160GB WD SATA+2GB Transcend (temp till i grab OCZ/Corsair/Mushkin/G.Skill. then it's overclocking paradise). Keeping my X1950XTX for a bit.

Thanks a ton to everyone who's helped out.

Congrats..but is that mobo a good one for overclocking?? I dont know much about it but the VM indicates it has onboard graphics..some G chipset right??

And @Cortez, register at techenclave.com if you arent already there and check the dealers section, plenty of 4870s and maybe you can find the processor

Edited by Grimmjow

hey i got a asus m2n mx se mother board and a 2gb ram with amd athlon 64*2 processor

rit now i m gettin a very slow speed in applications and booting,earlier i had problem with snps (it stopped working) for aftr a month or so it remained that way until i knew i got it replaced it with cooler master,but now my pc is gettin real slow and 2 usb drives out of 4 r not working at all and those which r working r transferring data at a very slow rate(thats 700 mb in 20 minutes),,i had formatted my whole hd which is 4 years old ,so i want ny suggestion if nyone know wat the problem is,plz help me guys since if i take it to repair he charge a lot

plz sumone reply to the post ,this problem is really annoying especially when copying sum movie form one drive to another or to pen drive plz help

@castiel - reinstall OS after doing a complete hard disk wipe (not just a quick format). your USB may be using 1.1 or like MT said.

check the cache on the processor, and the data transfer speeds between the components. old systems are slow.

i have done a full hdd format but after installing the os (yeah i did a quick format)

except for hd i have everything new like ram motherboard processor

as i said my old snps got faulted and i didnt knew about it for a month so can this b a motherboard fault dew to snps?

so know also u think i shud make a full system format,how do i check cache on processor and data transfer speed bet components?

i have done a full hdd format but after installing the os (yeah i did a quick format)

as i said my old snps got faulted and i didnt knew about it for a month so can this b a motherboard fault dew to snps?

so know also u think i shud make a full system format,how do i check cache on processor and data transfer speed bet components?

go to motherboard website and install all latest drivers and then report back...

I'd say it's your motherboard which is acting up. You might wanna try flashing the BIOS for the motherboard, this might help with the USB issues. But if this doesn't fix it, then it's surely a motherboard fault, you need to send it for RMA. You have sufficient RAM and the PSU should be good since it's a coolermaster. Which Proc do u have? Complete system specs would be helpful.

i have a athlon 64*2 porcessori think its around 1.9 ghz

ram is 2 gb ddr2

motherboard m2n mx se(asus)

how to flash bios

currently downloading drivers for motherboard

and also there r pixel movement(while watching movies) and thinks its due to low graphics m i right?

Edited by castiel

i have a athlon 64*2 porcessori think its around 1.9 ghz

ram is 2 gb ddr2

motherboard m2n mx se(asus)

how to flash bios

currently downloading drivers for motherboard

and also there r pixel movement(while watching movies) and thinks its due to low graphics m i right?

Graphics drivers not installed....dude did you install any drivers after installing windows again?

yeah i installed each and everyone of them

i think i have a bigger screen ,and i have connected it through vga not dvi ,so there might b a problem

they r nvidias i got a icon on tray

so planning to get a graphic crad ,to watch high quality movies

and for drivers i have installed

went to the site downloaded bios update and utilities

there r sum exe file in utilities in rar ,i xxtracted them and tried to rum but a black screen pops up and disappeared ,same thing happened with other two

and the updates were in .rom format i dont know wat to do with that,shud i keep them in sum forder in system files?

yeah i installed each and everyone of them

i think i have a bigger screen ,and i have connected it through vga not dvi ,so there might b a problem

they r nvidias i got a icon on tray

so planning to get a graphic crad ,to watch high quality movies

and for drivers i have installed

went to the site downloaded bios update and utilities

there r sum exe file in utilities in rar ,i xxtracted them and tried to rum but a black screen pops up and disappeared ,same thing happened with other two

and the updates were in .rom format i dont know wat to do with that,shud i keep them in sum forder in system files?

Castiel,

Are you still facing the issues with the USB ports?

Is the system still slow after the OS installation?

You have still not given the complete specifications; we don't know which GPU you've got or if it's onboard.

As for the .ROM files, they are you're bios updates. Please look on the ASUS website, you'll find an utility called EZflash or something. Just follow instructions as to how to flash the BIOS.

Edited by Panthelon

thanks man for this i am really stuck now since i dunno wat to do with .rom files

and YES is the answer to all the question ,

i m havin problems with usb and its slow which is wat killing me

i have the graphic card on board its nvidia 6100 series i think

Edited by castiel

i updated the bios but nuthing happened

usb still not worlking and still gettin that pixel movement and slow computer :D

Which OS?

If you were facing the USB issue before OS reinstall and are still continuing to face it after a BIOS flash, then it is definitely a faulty motherboard. Don't continue wasting your time by trying multiple steps. Just go for motherboard replacement. Once you have the new motherboard, reinstall OS then and check the status.