[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

The AMDs have an edge at memory intensive taska on account of their integrated memory controller. But the current crop of C2D's have counteres that advantage, even at rendering and modelling. Check any of the comparative reviews on the net and you will see that.

I used to be a massive AMD fanboy earlier, till the C2Ds came around and AMD failed to respond with any worthwhile offering. Since then, I have come to realise that the C2Ds are actually pretty fantastic processors.

So now my configuration is

CPU: Q6600

MOBO: XFX nForce 650i Ultra

Monitor: Viewsonic VG1930WM.

RAM: 4GB (1GBx4) DDR2 800MHz transend Value RAM

HDD: WD SATA2 (500gbx2)

GFX: XFX 8600GT

CAB: Chieftec BH 02 BBB

PSU: Corsair 620

KBD and mouse: logi wireless

i bought the above and im facing a major issue .... i get the blue screen wen i put the 4th 1gb ram stick in .... so i changed mobo to asus and checked and am yet facing the same prob .... any solutions >??<

P.s - it runs smoothly with 3gb ram but the forth 1 fukz up

they guy has changed 10 ram sticks .... the pc is not at my home and have kept it with the guys at prime to figure it out .... i 1st thught its a psu issue so chaned psu to 620 .... then i thought its ram stick issue so changed tht .... then tought its mobo so changed tht .... its irritating me .... but the guys at prime said today watever happens they will have my pc off the ventilator and send it home :P

They are the values that indicate in how many cycles, what timings and at what latency the RAM is communicating with the controller.

figured .... just called prime and spoke to the owner he said tht they are installing vista with the new mobo and hopefully everyin shud be good .... by the way this new asus mobo he is putting is 2k more than the xfx 650i ultra ....

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

i am going to buy a new pc and top be honest i have dont have much idea about pc specs for ideal gaming and neither i am good in pc latest technology.please suggest me a good gaming pc under 35000 with lcd screen and dvd writers .the pc should be able to play games like bioshock,crysis(if possible) and also motherboard(dont have any idea of sli and etc)sound card with surrond sound features would be great.is it possible within 35000?....

19" lcd = 10k

'decent' graphics card = 10k

that leaves 15k for your core system viz. CPU, Mobo, RAM, HDD/Optical, PSU+Case

hmmm... you might need to stretch your budget!

V

my actual budget was 30000 but i knew 30000 is not possible for a good gaming pc so i increased it to 35000 and it seems even that amount is not possible.

i cannot increase my budget anymore but like to hear your suggestion and also i am planning to assemble it myself so i would require your help too and about windows vista with that aero features how do i install that.

19" lcd = 10k

'decent' graphics card = 10k

that leaves 15k for your core system viz. CPU, Mobo, RAM, HDD/Optical, PSU+Case

hmmm... you might need to stretch your budget!

V

my actual budget was 30000 but i knew 30000 is not possible for a good gaming pc so i increased it to 35000 and it seems even that amount is not possible.

i cannot increase my budget anymore but like to hear your suggestion and also i am planning to assemble it myself so i would require your help too and about windows vista with that aero features how do i install that.

With that kind of budget, you should avoid Vista. Your budget constrained choice of gfx card will not be adequate for DX10 under Vista and Vista chokes the framerate for DX 9 games too.