[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

^ Not available currently in the market, plus it is not targetted towards a person who wants to play the latest and greatest at ~1080p for the next couple of years.

^ Not available currently in the market, plus it is not targetted towards a person who wants to play the latest and greatest at ~1080p for the next couple of years.

Thanks guys, yes aware about gigabyte's heat issues.

Debating between the red devil, or nitro+

Any ideas how risky is amazon global ? Prices are quite inviting there.

Edit: SP road prices are at par or higher to amazon. Nitro+ 23k + tax, likewise for msi gaming x variant.

Edited by kunallkw

Debating between the red devil, or nitro+

Avoid Powercolor as well.

Same issue as the GIGABYTE card.

@alpha17 bro it is listed in mdcomputer site for 15875

Plus it can run on vulkan check the vdo on YouTube

Any recent graphic card can run VULKAN.

Also, on the pricing front apart from the basic ZOTAC! card, every other variant is over-priced. You will get a Sapphire NITRO+ RX470 4GB for ~16600/- inclusive taxes.

• Like 1

Thinking of getting a GTX 1070. Which would be the best brand? Torn between Asus Strix edition and Zotac Amp! Edition right now. Heard MSI one had some artifacting problems and Zotac has poor quality fans due to which they give extra warranty. Any help would be appreciated.

Also it seems Zotac Amp Extreme and Asus Strix 1070 have 3 fans each. Will that make any difference?

For reference, my motherboard is Gigabythe Z97-D3H-CF and my CPU is i5-4590. Also what will be the power supply required (right now I think I have a 650w power supply with my 970; but I forgot the exact spec). Will this 650w supply be enough?

Thanks in advance for the help :) !!

Edited by roun90

Thinking of getting a GTX 1070. Which would be the best brand? Torn between Asus Strix edition and Zotac Amp! Edition right now. Heard MSI one had some artifacting problems and Zotac has poor quality fans due to which they give extra warranty. Any help would be appreciated.

We have a couple owners of the ZOTAC! AMP! Edition cards here, get in touch. Moonstruckhorrors is one of them. Never heard of any major issue with the card apart from certain custom ACX variants from eVGA which are going up in flames because of poor cooling on the power phases.

Heard no one with the STRIX variant of the card probably because it has such a high margin over the other custom variants but ASUS generally over-engineers their cards to a fault so I see no reason to discount them apart from the price.

For reference, my motherboard is Gigabythe Z97-D3H-CF and my CPU is i5-4590. Also what will be the power supply required (right now I think I have a 650w power supply with my 970; but I forgot the exact spec). Will this 650w supply be enough?

650W is more than enough for the components you are pushing as long as it is not a generic boxed PSU. Just share the brand and series unit for a proper confirmation.

The ZOTAC! issue you mentioned is rather common. I have faced it personally with my MSi GTX760 Gaming OC card, it is covered under warranty and the entire fan and shroud assembly is replaced.

• Like 1

We have a couple owners of the ZOTAC! AMP! Edition cards here, get in touch. Moonstruckhorrors is one of them. Never heard of any major issue with the card apart from certain custom ACX variants from eVGA which are going up in flames because of poor cooling on the power phases.

Heard no one with the STRIX variant of the card probably because it has such a high margin over the other custom variants but ASUS generally over-engineers their cards to a fault so I see no reason to discount them apart from the price.

650W is more than enough for the components you are pushing as long as it is not a generic boxed PSU. Just share the brand and series unit for a proper confirmation.

The ZOTAC! issue you mentioned is rather common. I have faced it personally with my MSi GTX760 Gaming OC card, it is covered under warranty and the entire fan and shroud assembly is replaced.

Thanks for the help. Don't remember my exact PSU model no. now (Bill is in office which I can only check tomorrow), and can't find PSU model from Windows.

But from quote I received from vendor in my email think my PSU model is Corsair VS 650w Smps. Would this be sufficient?

Once again thanks @Alpha17

Edited by roun90

But from quote I received from vendor in my email think my PSU model is Corsair VS 650w Smps. Would this be sufficient?

Uh! No, swap it out.

Seasonic S12II / M12II 520W / 620W.

Corsair RM line or Cooler Master's V series is what you want.

• Like 1

GUys,

with good printer knowledge please guide me...need one very urgently....

I have 2 thoughts regarding this....one is to buy a good officejet printet that cost around Rs 6-7k...dont know which one to buy any suggestions?

or buy something like this http://www.amazon.in/HP-Deskjet-Advantage-2020hc-Printer/dp/B00J4DYR1C?ie=UTF8&camp=3770&creative=25570&creativeASIN=B00J4DYR1C&linkCode=shr&redirect=true&smid=AT95IG9ONZD7S&tag=facebookc040a-21

just for printing as it gives high yield but has no scanning this ....and another all in one printer for scanning......

And which company you guys advice...canon or hp or epson...which ones are you guys using?

Comments on the Antec VP550P V2? Its for a friend. Seasonic starts 4.5k for the S12II 430 which is over his budget. Or should I just tell him to go for the Seasonic Eco series? Need to buy asap.

BTW PC is a basic one with HD7770 for now. Might upgrade after a while. Might!

also mdcomputers seem to like "out of stock" products lol.

Edited by SonicDave

Comments on the Antec VP550P V2? Its for a friend. Seasonic starts 4.5k for the S12II 430 which is over his budget. Or should I just tell him to go for the Seasonic Eco series? Need to buy asap.

BTW PC is a basic one with HD7770 for now. Might upgrade after a while. Might!

also mdcomputers seem to like "out of stock" products lol.

Decent kit. Get it if you have no other options.

What is the price on it though?

Hi guys

Ever since I installed the nvidia zotac gtx 1060 6 gb inside my cabinetea89e173d5a17a86f00846a165b4d1f4.jpg my system has been throwing a temperature warning that CPU is overheating temps touches 70 deg while gaming.

And the system switches off if I play continuously for an hour. Witcher bf4 gta5 dark souls any game more than an hour.

My cabinet does look a little crowded wiyh all the wires running around, so I am suspecting an airflow problem.

But my CPU AMD fx 8320 is connected to a saidon liquid cooler as well, so I am wondering why this could be happening.

Sometimes when my system starts up the CPU usage is at 100% for a few minutes and that time also i get the temp warning. But after a while CPU usage comes down to 3% and temp shows 38 deg. During gaming 70 deg C and GPU also shows around 65 deg C.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Edited by pbpoovannagamer