[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

Which one of these is a better monitor to connect to a ps4 ?

1. BenQ GL2460HM (http://www.amazon.in/BenQ-GL2460HM-Flicker-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00AQBWMZ4)

2. LG 22MP58VQ (http://www.amazon.in/LG-22MP58VQ-21-5-inch-Monitor-Black/dp/B01BGM76ZM)

Or is there a better one than these two within Rs.10,000/- ?

-A.W

Dell S2216H

Is an I/O sheild neccessary? The I/O shield is not aligning with my motherboard no matter how hard I place it, even after actually fitting all 4 corners properly. The top screw next to the I/O shield is not aligning. What to do? Case : Cooler Master N300. Mobo : Asus B150M Pro Gaming

Is an I/O sheild neccessary? The I/O shield is not aligning with my motherboard no matter how hard I place it, even after actually fitting all 4 corners properly. The top screw next to the I/O shield is not aligning. What to do? Case : Cooler Master N300. Mobo : Asus B150M Pro Gaming

What do you mean the I/O shield is not aligning.

You do not put the motherboard straight onto the tray area and line it up. You have to come in at an angle so that the connectors that slightly jut out of the I/O do not get blocked.

Images of your situation would certainly help. Cheers!

• Like 1

Guys, is it safe to pick up used SSD from places like ebay? Seeing a lot of listings like these -

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Intel-180-GB-SSD-6-Gbps-Speed-I-Solid-State-Drive-I-520-Series-I-A-Grade-/272437785849?hash=item3f6e8eb4f9:g:~QIAAOSw44BYHIl2

The price seems pretty reasonable. I am thinking of upgrading my HTPC and this would be perfect.

Anyone has any experience of this?

^ This is a second hand drive / drive pulled out of a OEM product (like a pre-assembled desktop / laptop).

Couple of people have bought such drives and most are fine with their purchase. Do be aware, no warranty is provided and you will have to monitor these drives for a couple days post acquisition.

Whats the failure rate for SSDs? Worse or better than normal HDD?

Edit f**k it. I am gonna pull the trigger. Run the HDD health diagnostics when I get it. If that is fine, I can live with the risk at 2k.

Edited by Aftrunner

No.

Strange. First time I'm hearing of this lol.

The motherboard will not align with the motherboard mounting screw if I have the I/O panel on. I am surprised too.... Did not have this issue with my old Gigabyte B85M board. Now I just bought a new asus b150M Pro gaming mobo and the I/O panel is pushing the mobo behind the closest mounting screws. I even tore off the plastc foam glued to the i/o panel with no luck.

@ Alpha sample image of my problem.

2gydfms.jpg

The points I have marked in red will not align with the mounting screw.

*** This is not my pc. I have already arranged cables and set it up so am a little lazy to remove mobo again. i just wanted to clarify the issu

Edited by kmkaks

The motherboard will not align with the motherboard mounting screw if I have the I/O panel on. I am surprised too.... Did not have this issue with my old Gigabyte B85M board. Now I just bought a new asus b150M Pro gaming mobo and the I/O panel is pushing the mobo behind the closest mounting screws. I even tore off the plastc foam glued to the i/o panel with no luck.

That's the padded io shield . I have the same mobo . You need to push the mobo sideways with little force align at least one hole then screw it. Since I had a standoff it didn't cause much issue .

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

That's the padded io shield . I have the same mobo . You need to push the mobo sideways with little force align at least one hole then screw it. Since I had a standoff it didn't cause much issue .

The standoff's do not align with the mobo screwholes the I/O sheild disaligns the mobo unless pushed with force and due to the i/o shield pushing back, small dust like scrapes of the silver component from the bottom of the mobo started peeling off due to rubbing against the standoff's. Could this be a problem with the N300 screwholes placement?

My fear is that the forcefull placement may bend/damage the mobo in the long term?

Edited by kmkaks

The standoff's do not align with the mobo screwholes the I/O sheild disaligns the mobo unless pushed with force and due to the i/o shield pushing back, small dust like scrapes of the silver component from the bottom of the mobo started peeling off due to rubbing against the standoff's. Could this be a problem with the N300 screwholes placement?

Dont think so

N300 has a atx form factor

Without the IO does the board fit normally?

That padded io was also very annoying for me

Dont think so

N300 has a atx form factor

Without the IO does the board fit normally?

That padded io was also very annoying for me

Yeah I am actually using the PC without the I/O shield. No issues without I/O, I have hanged/just temp fixed the I/O shield outside the chassis using the Audio outs and KBM Connection for support.lol.

Edited by kmkaks

Lol well that's the best as of now then

That will not damage the audio port or anything will it? i can use it this way safely na? Only problem is the Shield hangs off the usb and audio headers