[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

How much RAM was on those PC's and how old were the hard-drives. I am surprised that a Core i3 cannot handle your needs when most office computers are just dual-core Pentiums with the bare minimums in place for running stuff like Tally.

By the way, if you are interested in a Core i7 shoebox PC, it would be difficult since the concept is dead here and NUC's which would be your logical options are rare and far between and consequently expensive to purchase and maintain.

Why do you think miniITX build's concept is dead here ?

thus thinking of buying in bulk from US. It costs 26k for Vivomini. It has i7 processor 6700k and 8gb ram. 1tb HDD.

You still missed the question as to what exactly you did at office that was too much for i3 to handle? Ans why buy from US, what abt repair/service costs?

MiniITX is costlier than regular boards, but only by 1k...not much. And its just the motherboard (other parts are same). Alpha, wont he save space at the cost of 1k only? Oh and, fans are necessary.

thus thinking of buying in bulk from US. It costs 26k for Vivomini. It has i7 processor 6700k and 8gb ram. 1tb HDD.

Btw tally is one software. We also use Various other softwares for office.

Btw ram was 4gb. Since my windows was 7 32bit

Tally was just for reference, I think your problem stemmed more from the 32-bit Windows cap than anything else.

Btw I really liked this model http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B00SD9IS1S/ just one question can I change HDD and ram?

You will have to add RAM to that and since it is based on the older processor line-up of processors DDR3L would get progressively more expensive as time goes by.

Btw tally is one software. We also use Various other softwares for office.

Btw ram was 4gb. Since my windows was 7 32bit

Tally was just for reference, I think your problem stemmed more from the 32-bit Windows cap than anything else.

Why do you think miniITX build's concept is dead here ?

Availability of m-ITX components.

You would be hard-pressed to find a half decent, non-gaming m-ITX board in volume, plus it will still not be as small as a pre-assembled set-up.

Edited by ALPHA17

You will have to add RAM to that and since it is based on the older processor line-up of processors DDR3L would get progressively more expensive as time goes by.

You would be hard-pressed to find a half decent, non-gaming m-ITX board in volume, plus it will still not be as small as a pre-assembled set-up.

So what do you suggest? Laptop? I5 laptop starts with 40k but then again my brother and dad feels it's better to have a pc

Finding in bulk shouldnt be an issue i think (although i m not in IT like you). Isn't only the motherboard diff?

So what do you suggest? Laptop? I5 laptop starts with 40k but then again my brother and dad feels it's better to have a pc

Maintaining a lappy is very difficult on the long run. Its only profitable if you want employees to work from home too. If its just the office, then desktop.
  • Like 1

No, I would recommend a µATX PC build, it would not be the most compact but your options will open up and the price would be much more palatable in my opinion.

No, I would recommend a µATX PC build, it would not be the most compact but your options will open up and the price would be much more palatable in my opinion.

Can you please suggest a good build. And whether I resort to online or offline purchases for better prices? Edited by djanuj

Can you please suggest a good build. And whether I resort to online or offline purchases for better prices?

If you are in Bombay, Lamington would be the best place to head for pricing and seeing the components in person before purchase.

For office build,

Core i3 6100 / Core i5 6400 ~8500/- -->14500/-

MSi B150M-PRO VDH / GIGABYTE B150M-D3H ~7000/- -->8000/-

Corsair / Kingston 8GBx 1 DDR4 ValueRAM ~3700/-

Antec VP350 / VP450 ~2500/- -->3500/-

hard-drive capacity of choice ~ (1TB costs ~3500/-)

Cooler Master N200 or similar µATX tower

Get one external optical drive incase there is not too much dependence on optical media in your office.

OEM 64-bit Windows 10 key during purchase of these PC's.

Hope this helps, Cheers!

• Like 1

If you are in Bombay, Lamington would be the best place to head for pricing and seeing the components in person before purchase.

For office build,

Get one external optical drive incase there is not too much dependence on optical media in your office.

Hope this helps, Cheers!

I live in Mumbai. Was looking at Amazon Primeabgb and Flipkart. Thanks for your input will check up the prices. Thanks. Also do you suggest ssd for office? Or HDD is fine?

I think ssd is overkill.

Edited by djanuj

For office build,

Hope this helps, Cheers!

Btw is there a place which gives discount based in bulk order? Because will be buying 13 computers.

^ You can ask when you place the order, I think there will be concessions, how deep I cannot say with any commitment but there would be concessions on Windows pricing, the boards and memory for sure.

• Like 1

How much difference would it make in gaming if i go with i5 6400 instead of i5 6500 ?

Do you need to purchase immediately?

If you can wait till Kaby Lake becomes more prevalent and maybe Ryzen release you might save money as well as have a better spread of components to choose from.

• Like 1

Do you need to purchase immediately?

If you can wait till Kaby Lake becomes more prevalent and maybe Ryzen release you might save money as well as have a better spread of components to choose from.

No, not immediately . What is the expected date for the launch ?

^ Vega 10 will be around June-July this year at the earliest.

Can you wait that long, also what are you going to put it into?

This will go to my personal desktop which is a gaming one. The only thing I have to change is processor and GPU. My processor is AMD 1100t. So thinking of going to i5/i7.

Oh and psu too.

Edited by djanuj