Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
arjun

[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

Recommended Posts

On 11/5/2019 at 2:45 PM, kemosabe said:

Most of the latest office laptop comes with usb c for power , in our office all lenevo ThinkPad series have this facility, not sure why it's not the same for your laptop.. Other than, should be used for connecting with an external monitor

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
 

Yeah alright. Though Im gonna try that out in a store before I just buy myself a monitor or something lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2019 at 8:51 PM, Aftrunner said:

What is a decent mobo for Ryzen 2600? 

 

Sub 10k. Dont need Wifi or Bluetooth but would be nice if it was there. Suggestions? 

 

Asrock B450 Pro4 is the one that's suggested by most in Reddit. Although I ve read that it's been in short supply of late. The alternative would be the Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

 

Asrock B450 Pro4 is the one that's suggested by most in Reddit. Although I ve read that it's been in short supply of late. The alternative would be the Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro

 

This one?

 

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450 Pro4/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 1:09 PM, l33tmaniac said:

 

Asrock B450 Pro4 is the one that's suggested by most in Reddit. Although I ve read that it's been in short supply of late. The alternative would be the Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro

I will take that recommendation as well. As I had recently ordered the Ryzen 2700 with Corsair Ram from US, and it would be arriving in a couple of months.

Need to get a decent motherboard (4-6k range), that is reliable and one that will support minor overclocking and nVME SSDs. Hopefully the ASRock would be good. 

 

Also, can someone recommend me a nice looking cabinet (in the 2.5-3.5k range), that's big enough for ATX boards, with space to support CPU coolers (like Hyper212), and high-end cards. USB 3.1 front panel would be a plus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Aorus pro is beyond my budget and I feel like Asrock B450 Pro4 might be a little under my budget. 

 

The Msi B450M Mortar Max looks nice. Also has better Audio out options. Anyone using that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

The Aorus pro is beyond my budget and I feel like Asrock B450 Pro4 might be a little under my budget. 

 

The Msi B450M Mortar Max looks nice. Also has better Audio out options. Anyone using that? 

Stretch a bit more and get the MSI B450 Tomahawk Max. It should be around 9.5k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

The Aorus pro is beyond my budget and I feel like Asrock B450 Pro4 might be a little under my budget. 

 

The Msi B450M Mortar Max looks nice. Also has better Audio out options. Anyone using that? 

 

MSI generally receives a lot of flak for crappy after sales support. Almost everyone in Reddit has had bad experience with MSI. Although, I've heard that they've changed their service partner and that things have gotten better recently. I'd recommend that you check this up before you decide.

 

Gigabyte has a reddit rep who is pretty active and very helpful in getting things resolved. So the brand has a lot of positive feedback.

 

ASRock's got a pretty neutral rep. I haven't heard anything bad about it per se.

Edited by l33tmaniac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Ram Dante said:

I will take that recommendation as well. As I had recently ordered the Ryzen 2700 with Corsair Ram from US, and it would be arriving in a couple of months.

Need to get a decent motherboard (4-6k range), that is reliable and one that will support minor overclocking and nVME SSDs. Hopefully the ASRock would be good. 

 

Also, can someone recommend me a nice looking cabinet (in the 2.5-3.5k range), that's big enough for ATX boards, with space to support CPU coolers (like Hyper212), and high-end cards. USB 3.1 front panel would be a plus. 


https://mdcomputers.in/cooler-master-masterbox-mb511-mcb-b511d-kann-s00.html
 

10 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

The Aorus pro is beyond my budget and I feel like Asrock B450 Pro4 might be a little under my budget. 

 

The Msi B450M Mortar Max looks nice. Also has better Audio out options. Anyone using that? 


I have just got my hands on the Mortar non-max.. Although I had ordered the Max one, the seller screwed up and delivered the non-max version..
Still waiting for the R5 3600 to arrive after which I can try out that mobo..
 

1 hour ago, Ram Dante said:

Stretch a bit more and get the MSI B450 Tomahawk Max. It should be around 9.5k.


Tomahawk & Mortar are basically the same stuff.. Just ATX vs mATX
Also you get 2 M.2 slots with the Mortar but it lacks the heatsink on the SoC VRM which is not a big deal if you don't plan to use any of those APUs..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ram Dante said:

Thanks! This one seems good.

Would you know if this model will look like MB511RGB, if we add the RGB fans to the front?

 

I guess it should. The front 3 fans seem to be standard 3x120mm or 2x140mm if I am not wrong. So it should look similar to the RGB model if you choose to install those fans. That being said, it would make sense if you already have RGB fans. If not, might be cheaper to go for the RGB model instead of getting this and then opting for 3 RGB fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick update for anyone who is interested. Got the Asrock B450 Pro4 and its actually pretty good. 

 

Well spaced layout. Plenty of fan and SATA connections. Easy to build in as well. Also worked pretty smoothly with the XMP profiles for my RAM as well. 

 

No real complaints. Fairly decent board. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Quick update for anyone who is interested. Got the Asrock B450 Pro4 and its actually pretty good. 

 

Well spaced layout. Plenty of fan and SATA connections. Easy to build in as well. Also worked pretty smoothly with the XMP profiles for my RAM as well. 

 

No real complaints. Fairly decent board. 

 

Post your complete specs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...