arjun

[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

I used a TVS for 2-3 years. Recently switched to a Non Mechanical. If you do a lot of typing and office work then I cannot recommend the Mechanical keyboard enough, it is a Massive upgrade over a normal keyboard.

If its primarily for games though, I vastly prefer non Mechanical. The only advantage you get is that Mechanical annoys the sh*t out of your with loud clacking when you are playing online. :P  

How may here have a mechanical keyboard??  

If so, are they from one of big manufacturers like Corsair, cooler master etc.

What kind of keys did you get for it?

How did you pay for it??

And finally, is it worth it

Need to buy one, primary use is Gaming and light office work, excel, PPT etc

[mention=12222]ALPHA17[/mention] [mention=12230]harjas[/mention] and anyone else in the know

Have redragon vara k551 mechanical keyboard rgb. And it’s really good! Though it uses outemu switches instead of actual cherry blue. But it is good!

also have Apex M750 steelseries mechanical keyboard. Which is really good too. But found redragon to be value for money. As it is cheaper.

On 2/24/2020 at 9:00 PM, Aftrunner said:

The only advantage you get is that Mechanical annoys the sh*t out of your with loud clacking when you are playing online. :P  

Don't agree with you. The Cherry MX Silent switches are stealthy quiet af.

Not gaming related but posting here since it might get the most responses.

So the company i am interning in wants to change it's old macbook pros.

Now work is soft. dev, so lot of IDE's instances, chrome, docker etc. So minimum requirement is quad core, 16gb ram with decent storage.

Please recommend the best VALUE (budget is not strict) but should be best VALUE.

Will appreciate both mac and non mac recommendations (new amd 4600/4800?).

Hey guys, I'm planning to get a BSNL FTTH connection. They insisted that I take their router of GPON branding which didn't look any different from standard routers of other brands. Any one familiar with this company or it's products? Any information would be great. Will submit form tomorrow. 

I would like to mention that they raised the total fees to 5300rs. Previous one was 4500rs. They said this is due to unavailability of products.

17 minutes ago, SonicDave said:

Hey guys, I'm planning to get a BSNL FTTH connection. They insisted that I take their router of GPON branding which didn't look any different from standard routers of other brands. Any one familiar with this company or it's products? Any information would be great. Will submit form tomorrow. 

I would like to mention that they raised the total fees to 5300rs. Previous one was 4500rs. They said this is due to unavailability of products.

GPON is not a brand, GPON is the device that translates the light pulses in your fibre optic cable to digital signals interpreted by the router, it is basically a modem, but from 2020 instead of 1995.

normally the GPON box is seperate and connects to your wifi router,  maybe your device is all in one.

my GPON box is of this cheeni brand called ZTE, these devices are not available easily in the open market, and the ISP network are configured only to be used by these specific GPON boxes, it's not like a consoomer router that you can just swap out

This GPON dabba is also called ONT, ONU and a bunch of other terms. Don't get confused.

Edited by PhantomShade

4 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

GPON is not a brand, 

I realized that just now. The box has a huge "GPON" router so I thought it was a brand. Looks like they are trying to rip me off.

Any suggestion for a new router then?

What plan are you taking if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, SonicDave said:

That sounds like a ridiculous price. I took ion Internet and they charged like 500 bucks for the fibre modem. Even reliance gives it for 1.5k refundable. 

18 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

What plan are you taking if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

777. Basic plan. Probably won't need more.

17 hours ago, adity said:

That sounds like a ridiculous price. I took ion Internet and they charged like 500 bucks for the fibre modem. Even reliance gives it for 1.5k refundable. 

It seems to be the going price of BSNL. 3000rs for modem, 500rs for installation, security deposit ~plan subscribed to etc. Initial total was 4500rs and the contractor increased to 5300rs citing unavailability of products. Which is bs. We are at their mercy.

I haven't submitted the form though.

I called Jio people who told me the total cost would be 2500rs including modem and deposit but it will take minimum one week to one month for them to finalize everything. The good news is they have already laid down the cables.

But I've been curious about something, where do they get their trunk line? I live in the Northeast.

The only main line which I know of is BSNL's. Could it be wireless? 

Edited by SonicDave

19 hours ago, adity said:

Yes Ion is very based, BSNL and Reliance, Airtel and Hathway or YOU idk one of them is owned by Vodafone, all have sh*t prices and plans.

1 hour ago, SonicDave said:

777. Basic plan. Probably won't need more.

It seems to be the going price of BSNL. 3000rs for modem, 500rs for installation, security deposit ~plan subscribed to etc. Initial total was 4500rs and the contractor increased to 5300rs citing unavailability of products. Which is bs. We are at their mercy.

I haven't submitted the form though.

I called Jio people who told me the total cost would be 2500rs including modem and deposit but it will take minimum one week to one month for them to finalize everything. The good news is they have already laid down the cables.

But I've been curious about something, where do they get their trunk line? I live in the Northeast.

The only main line which I know of is BSNL's. Could it be wireless? 

Is your GPON box seperate or is it a combo unit with Wifi router functions?

It would explain the high price, like my current wifi router costs 3K

F601.jpg

pic related is what Ion gave me, fibre line goes in, Ethernet comes out, which then goes into Wifi Router, i had to give 1.5k deposit for this box + one digisol wifi router iirc, my current router is TPLINK Archer C6

I am thinking to buy a mouse between 3-3.5k only here's what I have shorylisted :-

corsiar m55 pro, pulsefire surge/fps pro

also is it possible to get deathadder elite at this range? If yes then mention source as well😊

Considering buying a mouse as well (not for gaming though)

Want to get the Logitech G304, but can anybody confirm it its worth the 3K as I haven't spent this kind of money on a mouse before.'

Also any idea if Logitech mice(?) or mouse is manufactured in India or not? Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Considering buying a mouse as well (not for gaming though)

Want to get the Logitech G304, but can anybody confirm it its worth the 3K as I haven't spent this kind of money on a mouse before.'

Also any idea if Logitech mice(?) or mouse is manufactured in India or not? Thanks.

https://www.amazon.in/Logitech-G102-Optical-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B01MYPU20Z/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=logitech+g102&qid=1595098841&s=computers&sr=1-1

G304 is Literally this mouse but with better sensor and wireless.

I assume you want mouse for daily usage, no need for fancy sensor, you would use fancy sensor if you are playing competitive MP games on PC though.

2 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

https://www.amazon.in/Logitech-G102-Optical-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B01MYPU20Z/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=logitech+g102&qid=1595098841&s=computers&sr=1-1

G304 is Literally this mouse but with better sensor and wireless.

I assume you want mouse for daily usage, no need for fancy sensor, you would use fancy sensor if you are playing competitive MP games on PC though.

No games at all. Only daily work. Wireless feature would be nice. Its for my dad, he travels a ton (obviously not right) and wireless is more convenient.

He spends half his time in a planes and airports and hotel rooms. At the moment it does not matter or Id go for the G102.

Can you check if your mouse is in fact Made in China?