Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
arjun

[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

 

Both are good Z490 boards. MSI if you want wifi. ASUS if you want to save some money and get better cooler instead. 

 

Hyper 212 is fine but go with Noctua/Arctic if you are overclocking to 5 Ghz. 

 

Both Noctua and Arctic aren't available in offline shops. Way too expensive online. Noctua would have been my first choice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I will be getting the 2070S in a couple of days and I will be upgrading my current setup(can be found in signature) to a 1440p build. So I will have to be upgrading the cpu+mobo+ram+psu+1440p monitor. 

 

As I won't be getting all of those in one stretch, how much of a bottleneck will my existing setup cause with the 2070S if I continue to game at 1080p for a while before I move on with the above purchases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, I'm having a specific issue when I watch Netflix/primevideo/hotstar etc on my PC. Randomly sometimes Ill get a complete green screen of death and have to restart the computer.

 

It almost never happens otherwise, It has happened a couple times on youtube but Im not sure if I remember that correctly

 

I have all my drivers updated and this is my build

 

i7-3770 3.4ghz

r9 380x Sapphire Nitro

8 gb DDR3 ram

Intel DB75EN Mobo

Seasonic 520w power supply 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, hussain said:

Guys, I'm having a specific issue when I watch Netflix/primevideo/hotstar etc on my PC. Randomly sometimes Ill get a complete green screen of death and have to restart the computer.

 

It almost never happens otherwise, It has happened a couple times on youtube but Im not sure if I remember that correctly

 

I have all my drivers updated and this is my build

 

i7-3770 3.4ghz

r9 380x Sapphire Nitro

8 gb DDR3 ram

Intel DB75EN Mobo

Seasonic 520w power supply 

r9 380 is the culprit .its drivers uninstall it

then install the older ones which were stable .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just dealing with something annoying on my PC. The windows explorer takes good 3-4 seconds to load whenever i press Window+E. Doesn't matter if its after a cold boot or when PC have been running for hours. My PC is no way a slouch, OS is installed on a NVME SSD and the specs are decent (Ryzen 3600, 32 GB RAM 3600MHZ, 2080 Ti). Any idea what might be causing it. Its not a big issue but annoying to see the delay. Even when it loads, the outer frame of the windows explorer loads and then after a second the drives show up inside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

Just dealing with something annoying on my PC. The windows explorer takes good 3-4 seconds to load whenever i press Window+E. Doesn't matter if its after a cold boot or when PC have been running for hours. My PC is no way a slouch, OS is installed on a NVME SSD and the specs are decent (Ryzen 3600, 32 GB RAM 3600MHZ, 2080 Ti). Any idea what might be causing it. Its not a big issue but annoying to see the delay. Even when it loads, the outer frame of the windows explorer loads and then after a second the drives show up inside. 

 

could be couple of things.

Pagefile size and settings. do check that and right settings for ssd. see if your ssd / hdd health using crystal disk or similar software

your antivirus / malware software can cause a delay. try turning it off and see if it delays

do a full malware and virus scan. 

update your windows and any other drivers for your hardware.

Edited by puns
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

It depends on your motherboard. Almost all new ones support both SATA and PCIe but best you look up your board. 

 

Crucial official site has sort of system checkup and advisor tool to see what your board is/supports. 

 

Tried it. It's not reading the M2 port, only the SATA port. 

 

The advisor tool does not contain the laptop model. 

 

The Acer community says it is compatible, but no idea if the India SKU is the same as US SKU. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in the process of building a PC. I wanted to get the Zen 3 (5500/5600), but looking at the processor prices in India, I'm pretty sure its going launch at a high price. Hence decided to get a B550 motherboard (for future upgrade to zen3 or 4) + a vfm Zen 2 for now.

Can you please give me some recommendations on the processor, motherboard and Ram? I will be using my AMD RX560 GPU for now, and upgrade to a GTX 3060 or equivalent in a few months.

 

Budget = 28k

Motherboard = 10k   [Gigabyre B550M DS3H?]  - https://www.amazon.in/GIGABYTE-B550M-DS3H-Micro-Motherboard/dp/B089FY7QT1/ref=sr_1_15?dchild=1&keywords=B550+motherboard&qid=1603866546&sr=8-15

Processor = 12k    [Ryzen 3500?]

Ram (1x16GB) = 4.5k    [Gskill Ripjaw 3000Mhz - CL16-18-18-38?]  https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07NC96CHR/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A14CZOWI0VEHLG&psc=1]
SSD (1TB - nvme m.2 970Evo) - Already bought

 

Can you please validate my choices or provide better recommendations?

Edited by Ram Dante

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ram Dante said:

Ram (1x16GB) = 4.5k    [Gskill Ripjaw 3000Mhz - CL16-18-18-38?]  https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07NC96CHR/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A14CZOWI0VEHLG&psc=1]

 

This isn't compatible with your motherboard. 

 

https://pangoly.com/en/review/gigabyte-b550m-ds3h/compatibility/ram#compatible-list

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

 

This isn't compatible with your motherboard. 

 

https://pangoly.com/en/review/gigabyte-b550m-ds3h/compatibility/ram#compatible-list

 

Oh crap, didn't even think of this aspect. Thanks Joe.

So, what do you think about the mobo and cpu combo? Any other better suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ram Dante said:

Oh crap, didn't even think of this aspect. Thanks Joe.

So, what do you think about the mobo and cpu combo? Any other better suggestions?

 

MSI B550M Mortar

Corsair CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 (2x8 GB)

 

CPU - try to get 3600. 6c/12t will last longer. But 3500 ain't bad either if gaming is sole focus. Plus, with 550M, you can upgrade to 56xx later when available at decent price. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ram Dante said:

I am in the process of building a PC. I wanted to get the Zen 3 (5500/5600), but looking at the processor prices in India, I'm pretty sure its going launch at a high price. Hence decided to get a B550 motherboard (for future upgrade to zen3 or 4) + a vfm Zen 2 for now.

Current socket won't support Zen 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...