Jump to content

[PC] Ask The Experts Thread


arjun
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Walker said:

how is the monitor connected to the mobo? the connection from Mobo to monitor should also route sound. 

 

For instance a console if connected to the monitor via HDMI will route audio over HDMI and the monitor will route the audio thru internal speakers or via the 3.5mm out jack to the speakers if connected.

 

In short if the monitor is not receiving audio from the mobo, it will not send audio to the speakers since there is nothing to send. Secondly speakers connected to monitor 3.5mm jack will not show up in windows as windows is only interacting with the monitor and not speakers.

Ah damn so how will i choose speakers connected to the monitor, since only my benq monitor shows up when 3.5mm wire is connected to monitor green aux port.

I have connected my monitor to my gtx970 with hdmi cable i think hdmi 1.4 it's a belkin cable. Then speakers RC to 3.5mm cable was connected to monitor green 3.5mm slot but it didn't work but when connected to green 3.5mm port on mobo it works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK I'm pretty sure the 970 outputs audio over HDMI. Check the what is selected under windows output devices. LeftClick on the sound icon in the taskbar and see what the default shows. Click the up arrow  and you should see Select Playback Devices. See what other devices are listed there and select the correct one.

 

Edit : Does your monitor have inbuilt speakers? See if audio works on the inbuilt speakers first.

Edited by Walker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK I'm pretty sure the 970 outputs audio over HDMI. Check the what is selected under windows output devices. LeftClick on the sound icon in the taskbar and see what the default shows. Click the up arrow  and you should see Select Playback Devices. See what other devices are listed there and select the correct one.

 

Edit : Does your monitor have inbuilt speakers? See if audio works on the inbuilt speakers first.

The current selected device is speakers (realtek high definition audio).

 

Here is the entire list the green ticked one is only selected. Like i said this ticked one doesn't show up if i connect the 3.5mm cable to the monitor.

 

And yeah the benq rl24 has in built speakers which are working.

 

20210114-222137.jpg

 

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1> Disconnect the speakers from the mobo and leave them disconnected.

2> Select Benq as the main output so the green tick is on benq

3> Play an audio file and see if the audio plays from the benq inbuilt speakers.

4> If it plays then connect the LG speakers to the monitor 3.5mm output

 

This is to test a) sound is reaching the monitor via existing connection b) if the monitor 3.5mm output is working.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Walker said:

1> Disconnect the speakers from the mobo and leave them disconnected.

2> Select Benq as the main output so the green tick is on benq

3> Play an audio file and see if the audio plays from the benq inbuilt speakers.

4> If it plays then connect the LG speakers to the monitor 3.5mm output

 

This is to test a) sound is reaching the monitor via existing connection b) if the monitor 3.5mm output is working.

Green one right ? Not the black one

I did this process in the afternoon with testing youtube the benq speakers work with audio & also had connected the ps4 a hour back and it too had audio on the monitor, can i connect something else to the green 3.5mm port to see if it's working ? My old z313 are kaput and this set wasn't recognized so without spending is there a device at home that i can connect, with covid i won't be able to get anything from a friend to check.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

benq RL2455? The green is line out/headphone jack. The black is line in. You can connect any headphones to the green one and see if there's sound.

 

 

Edit Honestly though, why connect the speakers to the monitor instead of the mobo? The output via the 3.5mm on my Benq GL2460HM was much worse than when the speakers were connected to the mobo directly. Whatever chipset is on the Benq is way worse than the realtek.

Edited by Walker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Walker said:

benq RL2455? The green is line out/headphone jack. The black is line in. You can connect any headphones to the green one and see if there's sound.

 

 

Edit Honestly though, why connect the speakers to the monitor instead of the mobo? The output via the 3.5mm on my Benq GL2460HM was much worse than when the speakers were connected to the mobo directly. Whatever chipset is on the Benq is way worse than the realtek.

Yes i understand your point, i only have one display at home right now, my TV went kaput last year and the new TV i bought had horrible DSE same for it's replacement, so i applied for a refund, now when i play ps4 and xbox using the monitor i have to use in built speakers which are nothing special, and if my speakers are connected to mobo then i am not able to use them on consoles so thus i though of two options

1] Connect speakers directly to monitor so as to use them for both PC and console needs
2] Connect to mobo using current RC cabling and use front aux jack of LG K72B to connect to monitor using [3.5mm-3.5mm cable], but is this safe though since i will be using two connections simultaneously

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NitroNeo said:

Yes i understand your point, i only have one display at home right now, my TV went kaput last year and the new TV i bought had horrible DSE same for it's replacement, so i applied for a refund, now when i play ps4 and xbox using the monitor i have to use in built speakers which are nothing special, and if my speakers are connected to mobo then i am not able to use them on consoles so thus i though of two options

1] Connect speakers directly to monitor so as to use them for both PC and console needs
2] Connect to mobo using current RC cabling and use front aux jack of LG K72B to connect to monitor using [3.5mm-3.5mm cable], but is this safe though since i will be using two connections simultaneously

From personal experience most speaker amplifiers are designed to auto switch to one of the existing inputs by default and not both at the same time.

 

Think of it like a TV, you can connect an Xbox, PS4 and Switch to 3 HDMI slots but even if you switch on all three consoles at the same time, the TV will only display one input at a time, if that makes sense?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From personal experience most speaker amplifiers are designed to auto switch to one of the existing inputs by default and not both at the same time.
 
Think of it like a TV, you can connect an Xbox, PS4 and Switch to 3 HDMI slots but even if you switch on all three consoles at the same time, the TV will only display one input at a time, if that makes sense?
Ah i totally forgot about how priority is handled on this set. You are correct both would use the power cable audio mode and would end up depending on the speaker weather it prioratizes RC input or 3.5mm aux.

It does have a bluetooth option so i can connect a ps4 or xbox one via bluetooth?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Ah i totally forgot about how priority is handled on this set. You are correct both would use the power cable audio mode and would end up depending on the speaker weather it prioratizes RC input or 3.5mm aux.

It does have a bluetooth option so i can connect a ps4 or xbox one via bluetooth?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
 

Not sure about xbox but PS4 unfortunately does not support bluetooth audio :(

 

Have you tried connecting a headset to the monitor green 3.5mm. Check if that port is working.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure about xbox but PS4 unfortunately does not support bluetooth audio [emoji20]
 
Have you tried connecting a headset to the monitor green 3.5mm. Check if that port is working.
I'll try connecting one today and report later, a cheap mobile phone 3.5mm headset should be fine right so if it gets any high voltage i won't lose a good quality one.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, HEMAN said:

Can someone help me score a RTX 3080FE at not so insane price? 

 

Received a reply to my 3080FE enquiry mail today stating that the stock is expected to arrive in 1 week.

Edited by WhoCantBeNamed
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/11/2021 at 9:03 PM, Joe Cool said:

 

Your UPS only need to support the wattage required to shutdown your PC. You won't be running/using max load or anywhere close to 750W. 

 

Try with 650VA first. Else, go for 1kVA UPS. 

 

650VA = 650xPF (usually 0.5-0.7). Your UPS will handle roughly 455W max load. 

 

While searching for a UPS, came across APC BX1100C-IN (https://mdcomputers.in/apc-1-1kva-230v-bx1100c-in.html) , in the comments it is written that the transfer time of it is 10ms while a highend system needs a "Smart UPS" with transfer time of 2ms or less and hence we can face shutdowns.

Do I need to get a "Smart UPS"?

Any advice please?

Edited by WhoCantBeNamed
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, WhoCantBeNamed said:

 

Do I need to get a "Smart UPS"?

While searching for a UPS, came across APC BX1100C-IN (https://mdcomputers.in/apc-1-1kva-230v-bx1100c-in.html) , in the comments it is written that the transfer time of it is 10ms while a highend system need a UPS with transfer time of 2ms or less and hence we can face shutdowns.

Any advice please?

This model manages to keep PS4 Pro running during power outages, you should be okay.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok so i forgot to post. I checked using the old zogitech z313 speakers which have a 3.5mm wire. First i tried them connecting directly to the 3.5mm jack of a moto phone which did output audio.

So then connected them to the monitor green port. I mentioned the color since there is a black 3.5mm port also on the monitor and i don't want someone to randomly pop up and say i connected to the wrong port. Anyway on the monitor though the soeakers didn't produce sound and in playback devices they didn't even pop up. Si either there is a different way on benq to change the setting or the port on monitor is kaput.


I was looking at this alternative way, as audio port on mobos die alot. And i don't know if i could find a good board if my current maximus ranger (skylake) loses it's line out port

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll check the settings on GL2460HM when I get home. But I don't think there's anything specific to be changed on the monitor.

 

Edit : no special settings on the monitor. It auto switches to the 3.5mm when I connected the speakers to the monitor.

Edited by Walker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...