Jump to content

[PC] Ask The Experts Thread


arjun
 Share

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Thegothamchampion said:

Gaming and work. My work is not very intensive but requires 10-15 open chrome tabs. My old laptop is barely keeping up.

I'm not a big fan of rgb. I'm leaning towards the white h510 nzxt cabinet. Only gpu I'm able to find is 1050ti. I'll upgrade the gpu once prices come back to normal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Thegothamchampion said:

I'm planning to build a pc. My budget is 70-80k. This is my first experience with building a PC so any suggestions are welcome.

Hello Thegothamchampipn,

 

Budget for pc is 80K including monitor and peripherals? Purpose of system? 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Gtek said:

Hello Thegothamchampipn,

 

Budget for pc is 80K including monitor and peripherals? Purpose of system? 

 

 

Nope. Excluding monitor and peripherals. Also, budget is now reduced to 60k. I've bought the gpu. I really like nzxt white h510. Please share the price for a build with NZXT cabinet, a nice motherboard, ram and processor. 

Edited by Thegothamchampion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2021 at 6:00 PM, Thegothamchampion said:

Nope. Excluding monitor and peripherals. Also, budget is now reduced to 60k. I've bought the gpu. I really like nzxt white h510. Please share the price for a build with NZXT cabinet, a nice motherboard, ram and processor. 

NZXT H510 is an good esthetic based Cabinet but in terms of airflow it's not as good as it looks. Will recommend to checkout other good-looking airlfow chassis like Cooler Master MB511 ARGB, Lian Li Lancool 215.

 

Under 60K excl GPU monitor and peripherals

 

You can get R5 3600/10400F

B450/B460 board

16GB 8*2 Ram

550w PSU

500GB NVMe SSD

2TB HDD

aircooler

 

 

Let us know if interested

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I finally dismantled my old laptop and removed SATA and RAMs.

 

1. SATA WD Scorpio Black 320GB - Which adapter do I need to buy to copy data using USB cable?

2. RAM Kingston kf073f-eld - Can I add this to current laptop which currently has Micron mt16ktf1g64hz-1g6e1

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any first hand comparison between the Logitech MX keys and a mechanical keyboard? Will be using it for office work.

 

Already have an SK61 for work, and looking at a mech board like Keychron K2 or K8. But before buying, want to evaluate other options like the MX Keys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2021 at 1:02 PM, Root said:

I finally dismantled my old laptop and removed SATA and RAMs.

 

1. SATA WD Scorpio Black 320GB - Which adapter do I need to buy to copy data using USB cable?

2. RAM Kingston kf073f-eld - Can I add this to current laptop which currently has Micron mt16ktf1g64hz-1g6e1

 

 

 

Anyone?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My desktop randomly freezes and I'm forced to restart it. Its very random and I have no idea why. Its not a ram issue, my computer isn't over heating. Is there a programme or something I can run in the bg that makes a note so that after it crashes I know why it happened?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, hussain said:

My desktop randomly freezes and I'm forced to restart it. Its very random and I have no idea why. Its not a ram issue, my computer isn't over heating. Is there a programme or something I can run in the bg that makes a note so that after it crashes I know why it happened?  

 

I used to have this long ago, probably something is wrong with your mobo.

Atleast that's what was with mine.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Need a recommendation on a good gaming mouse pad. Have been using the OG Goliathus for more than 10 years now. I believe its time to change it. Using Deathadder V2 mouse. Probably medium or large in size. Combination of speed and control if one such exists.

 

Durability is also a factor. One with cloth and not hard pad. Too many options out there so not able to decide.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

There are couple of weird blurry lines on my samsung led tv screen.

One line has been there for a few months, another one developed just a couple of days ago.

 

What could be the issue and how much would it cost to fix this? 

Will this keep getting worse in time? I don't mind using it as is, if it costs a lot to fix.

 

Its over 2+ years, so no warranty

 

PXL-20210805-025458252.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2021 at 8:58 AM, Jerush said:

There are couple of weird blurry lines on my samsung led tv screen.

One line has been there for a few months, another one developed just a couple of days ago.

 

What could be the issue and how much would it cost to fix this? 

Will this keep getting worse in time? I don't mind using it as is, if it costs a lot to fix.

 

Its over 2+ years, so no warranty

 

PXL-20210805-025458252.jpg

Is this edge-lit or fald?

If it's the former then seems like the reflector which directs & disperses the lights from the edge-leds seems to be the culprit.

If it's the latter then it seems like some of the leds are dying down. Generally this shouldn't be the case if the TV is only 2-3yrs old but it's not uncommon.

 

Could be something with the panel also but that doesn't look like the case.

 

Anytime you deal with a TV's screen, it's costly, I guess only Samsung will be able to tell how lucky you are.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...