The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

In mi4i? No, it used to get warm like any other phone. Not hot.

I was talking about mi5. I feel phone warming up in the initial setup itself. I didn't even used any app till then. The upper back of phone feels warm and lower back remains cool.

Since you have mi5 can you please confirm it for me. whether it is normal to warm up even with normal use, will it go beyond that warming up or your device remains cool throughout as I heard in some YouTube reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was talking about mi5. I feel phone warming up in the initial setup itself. I didn't even used any app till then. The upper back of phone feels warm and lower back remains cool.

Since you have mi5 can you please confirm it for me. whether it is normal to warm up even with normal use, will it go beyond that warming up or your device remains cool throughout as I heard in some YouTube reviews.

Initial setup warms up every phone. Other than that, it gets warm sometimes, but it's extremely rare. I am mostly in AC environment, and phone is actually quite cold due to glass back.

Also it gets warm while installing FW updates and if you use extensively while charging (fast charging does this to every phone)

I don't think you should worry about phones getting warm at all. All phones get warm.

• Like 1

Which mi mobile has gorilla glass 4 apart from mi5

Also any gorilla glass is scratch resistant not shatter proof

Cant see why not to buy protection :P

Mi5 has gorilla glass both on front and back. It's best to use without any screen guard or case as it feels much better that way.

As far as protection goes, it depends on the kind of drop. One of my friend's phone screen also cracked along with tempered glass. It was a normal drop but he is 6ft+ so I guess it was a huge impact.

Edited by Kr1pt1k

As far as protection goes, it depends on the kind of drop. One of my friend's phone screen also cracked along with tempered glass. It was a normal drop but he is 6ft+ so I guess it was a huge impact.

Guess you didn't get the protection ref :P

• Like 1

Got my Redmi Note 3 :wOOtjumpy: Dont know why but the screen looks bland to me?I have to increase the birghtness,the auto brightness looks pretty faded and bland.Have i got the right phone?

Turn off auto brightness. Always set the brightness manually. Screen always looks dull on auto brightness.

MIUI 8 is released for redmi note 3 but for me it still shows 7.3 only even after doing the update?Can any one tell why?

Thats beta

You are on stable release

Suggest you stay on stable release as of now

You will receive miui ver 7.5 update soon via OTA which will have some features from miui 8

Guys. Wanted to ask how is P8000 mobile phone? I saw elephone website and found that it costs 230$ to buy plus custom duty which comes to 15000 approx. In India there is this brand called iBerry Auxus. I had their ST1 Stunner phone which sucked. Their support was also initially bad but after few legal threats fixed the hardware issue of ST1. Now I sold this phone but wanted to buy auxus p8000. The review of the phone is really good. It is a rebranded phone with warranty compared to original elephone phone without warranty. Plus the Indian one I am getting for 10990. Also I have heard P8000 is pre rooted. So should I go for that or buy another phone? I need a phone with good specs and p8000 has great specs. Saw P9000 as well but not available in India. Please let me know.