The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

Well I don't get 3G/4G in my office so I have to use 2G. I used to get sh*t speeds on mi4i on 2G. But since I got Mi5, 2G runs great. All my posts on ivg, gaf etc during working days are via 2G. I was really surprised about the speeds. Maybe throttling is stopped now? Maybe mi5 antenna is better? I don't know.

Even this post is made from 2G.

Well I don't get 3G/4G in my office so I have to use 2G. I used to get sh*t speeds on mi4i on 2G. But since I got Mi5, 2G runs great. All my posts on ivg, gaf etc during working days are via 2G. I was really surprised about the speeds. Maybe throttling is stopped now? Maybe mi5 antenna is better? I don't know.

Even this post is made from 2G.

2G Runs perfectly here too.During office hours FB and other things i do via 2g only.

Will the DGCA ban on turning on the note 7 on indian airline planes be permanent even if samsung fixes the drvice? I ask this since our government sometimes takes certain decisions on temporary issues and then never change them according to developments on the matter at hand.

Another thing, I never travelled on a plane since a long time so idk to what extent you can use a phone on a plane, but i guess you can do anything by turning off your sim connectivity? Are you allowed to use the internet if yes how? Since putting the phone on aeroplane mode will turn off sim connection and wifi.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Will the DGCA ban on turning on the note 7 on indian airline planes be permanent even if samsung fixes the drvice? I ask this since our government sometimes takes certain decisions on temporary issues and then never change them according to developments on the matter at hand.

Another thing, I never travelled on a plane since a long time so idk to what extent you can use a phone on a plane, but i guess you can do anything by turning off your sim connectivity? Are you allowed to use the internet if yes how? Since putting the phone on aeroplane mode will turn off sim connection and wifi.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

You can put the phone in aeroplane mode and manually turn on wi-fi. If you do that, only wifi turns on and sim connectivity remains inactive. I recently traveled(emirates) and used wi-fi throughout the entire flight. Only during take off and landing they switch off wifi.

• Like 1

F**ked up man...

This is the second instance (1st Being S6 Edge Plus) where I pre-ordered a Cell and then it got screwed and delayed. The most funny thing is Samsung admitted the fault and buggers are not even telling when will they release it. I gave 25K for an Advance booking, Still waiting patiently (And not much interested in VR & its contents). And I saw that iPhone 7 Launch event.. Tempted for some time but then again no Design change from Apple this year and they are planning pretty big for Next Year iPhone 8. So will have to settle for Note 7.

Any Idea when they are going to relaunch in India?

Lenovo note seems like a good bet

Ok, any known issues which is faced in that like heating , hanging and stuff or is it overall great performer?

Specs though are really good and considering its Lenovo its looking good choice..

Edited by funnyadit

Ok, any known issues which is faced in that like heating , hanging and stuff or is it overall great performer?

Specs though are really good and considering its Lenovo its looking good choice..

The reviews seems fine, I have not used it. Heating is subject to tasks being performed, but shoukd perform OK in normal usage.

Moto g4 as suggested above is a decent choice as well.

Lenovo note seems like a good bet

Steer away from Lenovo, using one, regretting it.

Absolutely no support from the official side and stone-walled the community too.

I would suggest the Xiaomi Note 3 or MOTO G4 Plus depending on the requirements.