The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

^Am i the only one not impressed with the new design of 3310?

I still feel they should have retained it the way it was.

It'll sell like hotcakes for sure.Also,Nokia 3 and 6 look great.I'm glad they went with Stock Android.

https://www.nokia.com/en_int/phones/nokia-6

I hope it's priced properly here!

Nokia 3 - Poor screen to body ratio, poor chipset, overpriced.

Nokia 5 - Poor screen to body ratio,only 720p screen, overpriced.

Nokia 6 - Poor screen to body ratio, poor chipset for the price, overpriced.

All three Nokia android phones are complete failures.

Not sure what Nokia was thinking with these phones.

Nokia 3 - Poor screen to body ratio, poor chipset, overpriced.

Nokia 5 - Poor screen to body ratio,only 720p screen, overpriced.

Nokia 6 - Poor screen to body ratio, poor chipset for the price, overpriced.

All three Nokia android phones are complete failures.

Not sure what Nokia was thinking with these phones.

Here, you need to know this,

Here, you need to know this,

Good video.

But then there are companies like Xiomi who dont compromise on soc even in budget phones.

Nokia is looking to get a share of the Android market. These new phones will be reviewed by tech websites which will point out the deficiency in soc and will be read by millions of people.

Reviews will be average which will affect sales.

The reason samsung and other big companies get good sales for their crap low end phones is because they already have an established userbase and loyal fans. Nokia is starting from scratch so by equipping their phones with sub par soc and high price and thinking they can get away with it, well i have a feeling it will turn out badly for them.

Good video.

But then there are companies like Xiomi who dont compromise on soc even in budget phones.

Nokia is looking to get a share of the Android market. These new phones will be reviewed by tech websites which will point out the deficiency in soc and will be read by millions of people.

Reviews will be average which will affect sales.

The reason samsung and other big companies get good sales for their crap low end phones is because they already have an established userbase and loyal fans. Nokia is starting from scratch so by equipping their phones with sub par soc and high price and thinking they can get away with it, well i have a feeling it will turn out badly for them.

What is Xiaomi's modus operandi, you know, I know. You will go to get service for their hardware, God save you.

NOKIA cannot go in with that attitude, plus it is not looking to hit the exact same demographic as Xiaomi anyway, their devices would be hitting MOTOROLA devices. Good software support, decent hardware with a premium feel.

I do not see how reviews will be average when no one has even got the actual retail SKU in hand. That is like saying MOTOROLA devices sales suck, no they do not even after their hardware is clearly worse than Lenovo and Xiaomi and a bajillion other Chinese smartphone devices but they are reliable, consistent and easy to use.

About creating an identity, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! People see this like the second coming of Jesus, many had their first mobile experience with NOKIA feature handsets, as long as they can keep a good package with reliable supply and support I see no reason why their hardware will not cut a space for itself.

Don't really want to switch to iPhone from Android. All my apps, photos etc will have to be moved.

I will look at one plus 3t. Should have bought mi5 or mi5s had it been available here.

Get a MOTO device or a Google Pixel.
Most Chinese handset manufacturers do not support the full gamut of bands in the US or are brought in from China so lack GAPS on them.
Edited by ALPHA17

You have a good point but how can one justify a 20k Nokia 6 with Snapdragon 430? Nokia fans may buy it but people with technical knowledge will pass.

The budget model Nokia 3 has a Mali T720 which is 3 yr old low end gpu. Expect lag even with stock Android.

Even SD410 would have been better option. And SD625 for Nokia 6.

You have a good point but how can one justify a 20k Nokia 6 with Snapdragon 430? Nokia fans may buy it but people with technical knowledge will pass.

The budget model Nokia 3 has a Mali T720 which is 3 yr old low end gpu. Expect lag even with stock Android.

Even SD410 would have been better option. And SD625 for Nokia 6.

How many people are technically inclined? If everyone was technically inclined we would have seen nothing in the low end but OnePlus and the top end should have been dominated by Nexus devices but that is not the case, is it.

That video explains the mentality of smartphone buyers very well, a first time or non technically inclined person will buy based on the brand and his perceived image of it, not whether it has a SnapDragon 430 or a SnapDragon 821 SoC.

The same way quality of cameras is abbreviated and attached to the MegaPixel count, instead of the sensor and optical solution being used.

Also, kindly stop extrapolating prices from the $ rates given. It does not work that way.

SnapDragon 625 is being used by a whole bunch of devices, in-fact MOTO G5 Plus is also going to carry that chip.