The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

Can you cancel a pre-order on flipkart?

Where shall I pre-order, Samsung e Shop or Flipkart?

Ya you can, order from Flipkart or pre order from a shop near ur house, samsung e shop is a little slow.

Good I got mine for 47k

Yes it will. I think Flipkart is giving away some merchandise as well.

I was just checking the Flipkart pre-order page and there is no mention of the free wireless charging or the freebies.

Can anyone see the preorder page for S8+ yet? Stupid idiots launched late and now just showing S8 there.

Nope. I can just find the S8 pre-order page on Flipkart.

Can anyone see the preorder page for S8+ yet? Stupid idiots launched late and now just showing S8 there.

I was just checking the Flipkart pre-order page and there is no mention of the free wireless charging or the freebies.

Nope. I can just find the S8 pre-order page on Flipkart.

https://shop.samsung.com/in/galaxy-s8-plus.html

Samsung page is opening for me and i can place order too.

Why in so much rush, don't worry it is not getting sold out, you have time till 3rd May to pre order.

Also how the freebie works is that FK or samsung store won't send it to you, you will get a coupn after few days on My galaxy APp, and then you place order in Samsung e store using that coupon.

https://shop.samsung.com/in/galaxy-s8-plus.html

Samsung page is opening for me and i can place order too.

Why in so much rush, don't worry it is not getting sold out, you have time till 3rd May to pre order.

Also how the freebie works is that FK or samsung store won't send it to you, you will get a coupn after few days on My galaxy APp, and then you place order in Samsung e store using that coupon.

no 128 GB model ?

So if one wants to buy a phone under 15k what options does one have?

First let me remind you that HTC, Sony and LG have completely given up on this segment of the market. They don't have a single phone under 15k that's worth a damn.

So this segment entirely belongs to Motorola, Samsung, Xiomi and other indian and Chinese brands.

You can safely ignore Samsung alongwith indian/Chinese brands as there is nothing from them worth getting in that price.

Which only leaves Motorola and Xiomi. These are currently the only two brands offering worthwhile phones under 15k.

Its shocking to me that only two companies in the world actually cares for this segment of the market by offering decent specs.

Most other phones by other brands offer terrible specs in the budget segment.

Most companies target only the mid-range 15k-30k and flagship 30k+ markets.

What we need, is more options and competition in the sub 15k market.

Google was supposed to launch the next generation of Android One phones in India this year but so far there is no update available on that.

Right now the sub 12k market is like this.

Person A : Suggest me best phone under 12k

Me : Moto G5 or Redmi 3S Prime or Redmi Note 4.

Lol that's it. There's literally nothing else to recommend!

So if one wants to buy a phone under 15k what options does one have?

VIVO, OPPO, SAMSUNG all brands are present and represented. It really depends on customer discretion.

How can you say that a brand is good or bad? Is it because they use MediaTek or Exynos SoC instead of Qualcomm?

Why is choice restricted to Xiaomi or MOTOROLA? Xiaomi does not even have regular supply available across its product stack, I would not even consider them seeing how much of a pain it is to get your hands on their handsets. Why do you think SAMSUNG's budget offerings are bad or that OPPO and VIVO are not present in the space?

And all this is before considering brands like Lenovo.

VIVO, OPPO, SAMSUNG all brands are present and represented. It really depends on customer discretion.

How can you say that a brand is good or bad? Is it because they use MediaTek or Exynos SoC instead of Qualcomm?

Why is choice restricted to Xiaomi or MOTOROLA? Xiaomi does not even have regular supply available across its product stack, I would not even consider them seeing how much of a pain it is to get your hands on their handsets. Why do you think SAMSUNG's budget offerings are bad or that OPPO and VIVO are not present in the space?

And all this is before considering brands like Lenovo.

Samsung, Oppo, Vivo etc don't offer any worthwhile phones at those price. Oppo and Vivo which are both actually owned by the same company don't have anything good at any price point.

I don't see oppo, vivo phones being recommended on any enthusiast forum probably because they aren't any good.

See the linked video that i had posted on previous pagd on why oppo and vivo are so popular in India despite being utter crap.

Edited by mohit9206

https://thenextweb.com/gear/2017/04/21/samsung-galaxy-s8-red-screen-fix/#.tnw_pe6UqjfL

Good luck to people who pre-ordered. I don't think Red tint can be fixed by software patch.

First Samsung said there wasn't a problem, then they accepted and said it will be fixed by software update. Now they say if that doesn't work, they will offer replacements.

Better to buy after 3-4 months.

17882591_1326871780733493_79986302179732

• Like 1

https://thenextweb.com/gear/2017/04/21/samsung-galaxy-s8-red-screen-fix/#.tnw_pe6UqjfL

Good luck to people who pre-ordered. I don't think Red tint can be fixed by software patch.

First Samsung said there wasn't a problem, then they accepted and said it will be fixed by software update. Now they say if that doesn't work, they will offer replacements.

Better to buy after 3-4 months.

17882591_1326871780733493_79986302179732

Well until they are giving replacement, shoukd hardly be an issue have told brother to check thoroughly.

They have hot a record with pre orders, but early adopters will always have to go through something.

And news is blowing it out of proportion. There are screens which have different color tints in different parts of the screens and then there are screens which are shifted towards more reddish tint. Second type is normal in OLED manufacturing in such a big size and can be fixed by software tweaking. That's why the update samsung is pushing out in US is working. First type of issue is the only genuine hardware issue which cant be fixed by a software. Stupid media is mixing them up.

Well once you notice that red tint there's no going back.

Get a replacement and be done with it bro, not that samsung is denying it.

If it was Apple we would have a statement, you are seeing it wrong :P

• Like 1