The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

Because it's not just a phone, it's an iPhone.

But in all seriousness, I hope this issue is not widespread because it would be a disaster if Samsung would've to recall it.

They've really made a good phone this time.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

This one won't be a recall, it's not going to blow, atleast not yet. Maybe in sometime [emoji14]

This one is a easy fix, replacement for a new one, and if u discover after few months, replacement of screen.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The idea of you guys spending $1000 on a smartphone is crazy.I could never justify anything more than $250.Diminishing returns beyond that point.

Somethings are not bought thinking resale and cost, it's passion.

Somethings are not bought thinking resale and cost, it's passion.

Yeah i understand.But look at how the flagship phone prices have increased.

Samsung's much awaited smartphone, Galaxy S2 will launch in India on June 3 through Vodafone at Rs. 32,850.

S2 launched at 32k ($600)and S8 launches at 58k($900).Its freaking crazy.We just accept such crazy prices now?Technology is supposed to get cheaper not more expensive.

Edited by mohit9206

S2 launched at 32k ($600)and S8 launches at 58k($900).Its freaking crazy.We just accept such crazy prices now?Technology is supposed to get cheaper not more expensive.

Welcome to the real world.

Also, factor in R&D, marketing, inflation, feature sets of both devices too.

Welcome to the real world.

Also, factor in R&D, marketing, inflation, feature sets of both devices too.

Inflation Rate in India averaged 7.20 percent from 2012 until 2017.

And by feature set,that's what i meant by saying better technology gradually becomes available at the same price.

By buying these devices at these launch prices,we are enabling the companies to make it even more expensive every succeeding year.

We stop stop blaming inflation and other things and stand up for these things.

Look at HTC Vive VR for example.

In the US, the HTC Vive costs $799 (around Rs. 52,000)

In India its 92,990

Blame Inflation and R&D shall we?

No, for that you can thank our progressive government policies.

By buying these devices at these launch prices,we are enabling the companies to make it even more expensive every succeeding year.

We stop stop blaming inflation and other things and stand up for these things.

So, we do not buy enough flagships, there is not enough response to new technologies that are put out.

Company says, market is not ready for this and stops iterating on that technology. We do not see it for another four-five years then.

The VIVE is expensive in India but at-least it is available, unlike Oculus and Razer's OpenVR initiative.

Why are you so sensitive and on the nose about other people buying ~$1000 products, is this somehow making every generation of the MOTO G worse?

Or get it like I got for 47k [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not to mention that anything below 20k was mostly sh*t.

I remember buying a Sony xperia for 18k.

It lagged so much. 'Twas a pain to use.

Tell me about it. I bought an overpriced HTC phone for 20k. Normal apps like WhatsApp and FB used to lag. Not buying any HTC product again [emoji14]

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Not to mention that anything below 20k was mostly sh*t.

I remember buying a Sony xperia for 18k.

It lagged so much. 'Twas a pain to use.

Haha my first android phone was micromax with single core mediatek cpu and 256mb ram. Imagine the pain of using that for one and half years.

Tell me about it. I bought an overpriced HTC phone for 20k. Normal apps like WhatsApp and FB used to lag. Not buying any HTC product again [emoji14]

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

HTC One V?

is this somehow making every generation of the MOTO G worse?

Thankfully Moto G and E series remain good.

But if Motorola never came back from the dead, we still would be buying overpriced micromax and lava.

Although dumb people continue to buy them though( and oppo and vivo).

Thankfully Moto G and E series remain good.

But if Motorola never came back from the dead, we still would be buying overpriced micromax and lava.

Although dumb people continue to buy them though( and oppo and vivo).

And what are the current features that are on the MOTO G and E? Were they successful in every field from the get go?

Also, what is wrong with OPPO and VIVO devices? I get it they are Chinese and the UI is absurd to me but what exactly is wrong hardware wise?

People will buy whichever company goes to them or from a brand they trust. Problem is brands have gone full retard when it comes to pricing and the companies which are reaching out are OPPO, VIVO, MOTOROLA and the like.

samsung has no excuse to price the phone so high, they are making it in india, saala kuch to benefit do. Chor saale.

As long as people are buying it happily cant see the trend to change..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk