The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

@Anuj --> The PS4 Pro, costed me around 1599 AED. Im sure its cheap but how cheap im not sure. And from what I recollect in India its 39990 MRP and now its nowhere available online.

The conversion amount costs around 27K.. and exchange dollars dirhams and all those stuff.. Add another 1k. So at max. I got the PS4 Pro for 28K. :)

Moreover, I paid only 10K Cash the rest I redeemed my Skyward Miles. Few more trips and will buy Samsung S8 with Miles + Cash.

Btw, I forgot to post in What you bought thread... There is a huge list. I was inactive all these days. :cheers:

Edit --> Aman already gave the PS4 pricing.

Well instead of Dubai Duty free, you should have bought it in the local shops where it is everything is more cheaper and this applies to almost all electronics and not only ps4.

I just bought my PS4 Pro for 1450 AED locally

Moto E4 and E4 Plus specs and pricing leaked

The Moto E4 has a 5-inch 720p LCD touchscreen, an 8 MP main camera, a 5 MP selfie shooter, and a 2,800 mAh battery. It's powered by the MediaTek MT6737M chipset, which has a 1.3 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 CPU. This is aided by 2GB of RAM. Built-in storage is 16GB, expandable via microSD cards. The phone has 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.2, optional NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11n, and GPS. It runs Android 7.1.1 Nougat.The Moto E4 is going to be priced at around €150 unlocked and SIM-free in the Eurozone.

The E4 Plus keeps most of the specs from the non-Plus version, but ups the rear cameraresolution to 13 MP and the battery capacity to a whopping 5,000 mAh. It also has a bigger, 5.5-inch touchscreen, though the 720p resolution is unchanged. The E4 Plus will also have a variation with 3GB of RAM.This model will start at about €190 in the Eurozone, while the 3GB RAM iteration may sell for even more than that.

The E4 and E4 Plus will both have fingerprint sensors on the front.

150 and 190 euros is too high but indian pricing will be lower for sure. Probably 9k and 11k respectively.

But mediatek cpu ruins the day. Could have used SD430 or atleast SD425 at this price point. Also no future Android updates.

Well instead of Dubai Duty free, you should have bought it in the local shops where it is everything is more cheaper and this applies to almost all electronics and not only ps4.

I just bought my PS4 Pro for 1450 AED locally

Its a no brainer, I would do that but I had my reasons. Bought other electronic things and also some more stuff from my Aunt who stays in Dubai to Hyd. DDF was the best thing working for me as they don't charge additional baggage if purchased from DDF. Also, I was carrying few more stuff from Ghana. (Liquor bottles are damn cheap there.)

@Others --> Any tinkering with the Knoxx, Samsung Pay won't work. This is confirmed by my friend with Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

Bought the s8+ love this display. Finding it a bit difficult to adjusting to android. Been using iPhone since iPhone 4s

You will forget iphone soon.. i used iphones till 4s and switched to android.. never felt like going back to iphones...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You will forget iphone soon.. i used iphones till 4s and switched to android.. never felt like going back to iphones...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

IOS feels really dull and outdated after using android

I guess Flipkart is jumping the gun and doing early deliveries for S8+. Samsung website says release on 2nd May and delivery by 4-5th May but my order from Flipkart is already shipped and it has reached Bangalore Motherhub. Should get it tomorrow :)

^^LOL, I fell no problem with android at all, Apple wants u to believe that. Yes its a gem of a software but Android is pretty much neck to neck.

I guess Flipkart is jumping the gun and doing early deliveries for S8+. Samsung website says release on 2nd May and delivery by 4-5th May but my order from Flipkart is already shipped and it has reached Bangalore Motherhub. Should get it tomorrow :)

Reliance is delivering phones on 2nd and all pre orders are being sent to reach on 2nd