The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

IPhone 7 selling for 44k on Amazon, use Citibank card get another 2k discount, not a bad phone for 42k

But is it the right time to buy or should we wait for iPhone 8?

But is it the right time to buy or should we wait for iPhone 8?

IPhone 8 is not coming till Oct, and when it launches it will be again 60+, by the time it reaches 42k, question will be should we buy as iPhone 8s is coming.

If you want to get in apple ecosystem this is a good price with decent specs and guaranteed software updates.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

IPhone 8 is not coming till Oct, and when it launches it will be again 60+, by the time it reaches 42k, question will be should we buy as iPhone 8s is coming.

If you want to get in apple ecosystem this is a good price with decent specs and guaranteed software updates.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm not buying iPhone 8. According to rumors, it's gonna be 5.8" which is too big for me in terms of portability..I'm interested in iPhone 7 cause of its small form factor...Just that I want a 128 GB and not 32 GB and 128 GB is still a bit pricey. So once iPhone 8 launches, can I expect any more price drops or should I just go ahead and buy it.

I am seriously intrigued by iphone SE.

I've never used an iPhone but I tried it once and the size is so perfect.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

There is a new SE incoming...Got leaked today. Don't know how accurate it is though. If you like this one you can go ahead and buy one but get a higher storage one.

I'm not buying iPhone 8. According to rumors, it's gonna be 5.8" which is too big for me in terms of portability..I'm interested in iPhone 7 cause of its small form factor...Just that I want a 128 GB and not 32 GB and 128 GB is still a bit pricey. So once iPhone 8 launches, can I expect any more price drops or should I just go ahead and buy it.

It will be bezel less like S8 so it will be same size.

Get on the S8+ train guys. Its unbelievable how small it is for such a big screen and so easy to handle. Its catches eye of everyone in office and they think it is S8 at first and when they actually compare it with their phone, the screen blows them away. I just saw the look of despair in one of the colleague's eyes in office who bought iPhone 7 Plus for 72K about a month ago. He was comparing the S8+ with his iPhone Plus side by side. Those ugly fat white bezels.

Get on the S8+ train guys. Its unbelievable how small it is for such a big screen and so easy to handle. Its catches eye of everyone in office and they think it is S8 at first and when they actually compare it with their phone, the screen blows them away. I just saw the look of despair in one of the colleague's eyes in office who bought iPhone 7 Plus for 72K about a month ago. He was comparing the S8+ with his iPhone Plus side by side. Those ugly fat white bezels.

just take a pic together he will cry tears of blod :P

I went out today and checked both the Samsung Galaxy S8 and the iPhone 7.So here's my preview on both.

Let's go with the S8 first. As I held the device and looked at the screen I felt this device isn't of this planet. It definitely felt amazing. And as I turned it's back, I fell back on earth really hard :P. The screen is absolutely gorgeous. It does have those small bezels on top and bottom but the screen makes me not even want to look at those as if it's completely bezel-less. Won't mention the performance here cause it's a new phone and is going to be uber fast. Now for the bad. The phone is too big for my hands. My index finger wasn't able to reach the fingerprint scanner properly. And definitely not for someone who uses his phone with one hand. Doesn't fit well in my trouser pockets as well (at least not in all of them).

Now with the iPhone 7. This thing felt like a small kid in front of the S8 with those puppy dog eyes telling us "Please, Buy Me" :P. It certainly did feel like I was holding a premium device. It was the Red one on display so it had those white bezels which kind of make the screen look even smaller. The haptic engine felt both weird and amazing. It felt like I was pressing the home button but as we know it isn't a button. I heard from few of them that one just needs to get used to it. Tried 3D touch. Nice addition for someone who has moved from Android to iOS, who has been used to shortcuts to his various customization options on Android.

But this is customization at its bare bones and still, needs work. All I can say it's a good phone to own and hold in hand. The iPhone 7 plus is just a beast in size and not for me. Though it looks pretty.

So, in the end, I'm still feeling inclined towards the iPhone mainly for its form factor and being able to use it comfortably with my one hand. I definitely will take another look at S8. Must have spent only 20 mins with it.

Any other phone equivalent to Redmi 4A ??

Nothing sadly. Redmi has no competition under 10k.

Moto C and C Plus is coming out soon so it could be a good alternative.

I went out today and checked both the Samsung Galaxy S8 and the iPhone 7.So here's my preview on both.

Let's go with the S8 first. As I held the device and looked at the screen I felt this device isn't of this planet. It definitely felt amazing. And as I turned it's back, I fell back on earth really hard :P. The screen is absolutely gorgeous. It does have those small bezels on top and bottom but the screen makes me not even want to look at those as if it's completely bezel-less. Won't mention the performance here cause it's a new phone and is going to be uber fast. Now for the bad. The phone is too big for my hands. My index finger wasn't able to reach the fingerprint scanner properly. And definitely not for someone who uses his phone with one hand. Doesn't fit well in my trouser pockets as well (at least not in all of them).

Now with the iPhone 7. This thing felt like a small kid in front of the S8 with those puppy dog eyes telling us "Please, Buy Me" :P. It certainly did feel like I was holding a premium device. It was the Red one on display so it had those white bezels which kind of make the screen look even smaller. The haptic engine felt both weird and amazing. It felt like I was pressing the home button but as we know it isn't a button. I heard from few of them that one just needs to get used to it. Tried 3D touch. Nice addition for someone who has moved from Android to iOS, who has been used to shortcuts to his various customization options on Android.

But this is customization at its bare bones and still, needs work. All I can say it's a good phone to own and hold in hand. The iPhone 7 plus is just a beast in size and not for me. Though it looks pretty.

So, in the end, I'm still feeling inclined towards the iPhone mainly for its form factor and being able to use it comfortably with my one hand. I definitely will take another look at S8. Must have spent only 20 mins with it.

Also try LG G6. Who knows you may end up liking it the most. Have you also considered HTC 10?

Also try LG G6. Who knows you may end up liking it the most. Have you also considered HTC 10?

I have seen LG G6. It's too big, almost the same size as s8 with bezels. Will check out HTC 10...Have been using HTC One M7 since 4 years now.

been using the S8 for few days now, and this phone is just so freakin amazing. Size is personal choice, but for some one who has been using S7 edge, this seems smaller with a biggeer screen.

Sammy has really up the ante with design and now ball is in apple court to see how they can match the sheer awesome ness and presence of the S8 and S8+ with iphone 8.

I won't personally buy the iphone 7 cos it feels like a phone whihc is 3 year old by looks and running the latest software with loads of limitations.

I won't personally buy the iphone 7 cos it feels like a phone whihc is 3 year old by looks and running the latest software with loads of limitations.

The software is the least of all problems as that can change. We don't yet what iOS 11 will be bringing to the table. The hardware does look outdated even if it's sleek. Wonder what the design team is up to.