The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

Is the Redmi Note 4 64gb still available? I don't see for pre-order on mi store neither was it for flash sale in the last sale of Flipkart. Is it a good phone for a budget of 10-11k or better to wait for the Nokia 5,6

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Do not wait for the NOKIA 5 and 6, they have underpowered hardware at their price point. Regular updates (security) and build quality are the reason to go for them.

The tempered glass actually cracked on both occassions my phone hit the floor. Maybe the screen wouldn't have shattered but it would have definitely scratched real bad, considering how sharp the impact was. :P

If the tempered glass got cracked, your touchscreen would have gotten cracked as well.

Tempered glass is more to protect the screen from getting shattered vis-á-vis the cheapo plastic screen guard which was more oriented towards scratch protection.

If the tempered glass got cracked, your touchscreen would have gotten cracked as well.

Tempered glass is more to protect the screen from getting shattered vis-á-vis the cheapo plastic screen guard which was more oriented towards scratch protection.

Nope. The touchscreen escaped unscratched, fortunately.

Do not wait for the NOKIA 5 and 6, they have underpowered hardware at their price point. Regular updates (security) and build quality are the reason to go for them.

Thank you, also any info on the 64gb Redmi note 4, I can't seem to find it on sale.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3 using Tapatalk

Thank you, also any info on the 64gb Redmi note 4, I can't seem to find it on sale.

750f801c7ac5e530f0d66e52fb37278c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

750f801c7ac5e530f0d66e52fb37278c.jpg

I tried the same in last sale, it was showing the same coming soon instead of buy now. Maybe the stock got finished I am not sure. Will try again in next sale.

I tried the same in last sale, it was showing the same coming soon instead of buy now. Maybe the stock got finished I am not sure. Will try again in next sale.

Would have got sold out immediately.

Edited by AtheK

Would have got sold out immediately.

I absolutely hate this flash sale system, why not just sell it in open sale, even oneplus has got rid of the stupid invite system and these guys are still hell bend on using the flash sale.

Also what's xiaomi's stand on unlocking bootloader and flashing a rom, does it void your warranty or they still honor it?

Try on mi website.

Much better over there.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Yup I tried there but they have the 32gb for pre-order, 64gb is not available even there. f9fb9d19d02ee0a1c69bf698872911de.jpg

Meanwhile, a new leak reveals the Indian pricing of the OnePlus 5 smartphone ahead of June 22 launch. According to a report by True Tech, the OnePlus 5 will come in two configurations: one with 6GB of RAM and 64GB storage will be priced at Rs 32,999, while one 8GB of RAM and 128GB storage will come with a price tag Rs 37,999. It looks certain that the smartphone will come loaded with a massive 8GB of RAM as previously Amazon India accidentally revealed the same. 

Keep increasing the price lol.
OPO was 22k if i recall correctly.
Now we're upto 33k.
For a brand with no service center too.
For 33k why not just buy a last year's flagship like Galaxy S7 or HTC 10?
Service support will be there, you get a phone with brand value and resale value, performance will be almost identical, etc.
So S7/HTC 10 is superior to OP5 at the same prices.
You can debate this if you want. Let's see the arguments.

Can any OnePlus 3/3T users help me with a good tempered glass protector/ screen guard? Asking for a friend. He bought a nillkin tempered glass and found it to be non-sticky along the edges, due to the curve.

Is there anyone attending the OnePlus 5 launch? Have an invite with us, but can't come. PM me know if someone wants to go.

Thanks,

3 minutes ago, akhilgopal said:

Can any OnePlus 3/3T users help me with a good tempered glass protector/ screen guard? Asking for a friend. He bought a nillkin tempered glass and found it to be non-sticky along the edges, due to the curve.

Is there anyone attending the OnePlus 5 launch? Have an invite with us, but can't come. PM me know if someone wants to go.

Thanks,

Get the Oneplus official tempered glass. It is the only one that fits properly and looks good IMO.

Yep, wanted to go to the popup event in Delhi but the idea of purchasing an invite in order to be eligible to attend the event put me off. 

35 minutes ago, Gauge said:

Get the Oneplus official tempered glass. It is the only one that fits properly and looks good IMO.

Yep, wanted to go to the popup event in Delhi but the idea of purchasing an invite in order to be eligible to attend the event put me off. 

okay. Thanks bro. But, 1799 for tempered glass is quite steep. We bought an invite thinking that we will get all the goodies along with it.:P

OnePlus 5 Slate Gray, 
6GB RAM/64GB ROM₹32,999

OnePlus 5 Midnight Black, 
8GB RAM/128GB ROM₹37,999
June 22, 2017

5.5" Full HD screen (wish it was QHD)

SD835

Battery3,300mAh with turbo charging

Rear camera16MP f/1.7 + 20MP , f/2.6, EIS, 2.0x optical zoom.,4K video recording

Front camera 16 MP

I have been using the oneplus 3 and i have to say this, i am not entirely happy with the phone's software. i have a lot of issues with connectivity and battery drains. Their SW updates are unreliable.Thankfully, i have not had to get the phone serviced till now, so can't comment on OP's after sales service.

I don't think i would go for another one of the small(new/Chinese) company phones. :|

I would probably go back to Samsung.. :(