The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

10 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Yeah. That is disappointing.

Somehow, just somehow I want this phone and I don't even know why.

What sorcery is this?!

The only reason why is the stock Android experience and the fact that you get to stay on the latest of the OS for the next 2-3 years. I heard Pixels (Or all Androids?) get 3 years of OS updates. 

I did place an order for the Stormtrooper Pixel 2 XL last night and then I ended up cancelling it, I just couldn't justify the premium pricing. But then again, I'm a sucker for these and will probably end up purchasing that iPhone X if I can get hands on one. 

2 hours ago, mohit9206 said:

Its called being dumb.

Nokia 8 available for half that price.

Looks to be a genuine value for money, premium camera experience with OIS and all the latest specs. I might end up getting this for my dad to replace his LG G5. 

5 minutes ago, sweetvar26 said:

The only reason why is the stock Android experience and the fact that you get to stay on the latest of the OS for the next 2-3 years. I heard Pixels (Or all Androids?) get 3 years of OS updates. 

I did place an order for the Stormtrooper Pixel 2 XL last night and then I ended up cancelling it, I just couldn't justify the premium pricing. But then again, I'm a sucker for these and will probably end up purchasing that iPhone X if I can get hands on one. 

Looks to be a genuine value for money, premium camera experience with OIS and all the latest specs. I might end up getting this for my dad to replace his LG G5. 

Ya all pixel come with three year updates, Samsung promises 2 updates to the flagships. Nokia should do well with updates. 

Its priced at 649$ in US, which is 43k approx, here it is 18 k expensive, greedy companies. 

On 10/1/2017 at 7:16 PM, ALPHA17 said:

^ Avoid the MOTO G5S Plus like the plague. The stock MOTO G5 Plus is a better handset in every sphere save the slightly smaller display. Cheers! 

I bought moto g5 plus for my wife -- its a huge upgrade from her ancient moto g2...My Moto G3 was giving some problem and purchased Lg Q6 for 10k (exchanged my moto g1).. LG Q6 is bit laggy and camera has red eye problem..I really like the review of Xioami A1 or Moto G5 S plus. Any reason why to avoid moto g5 s plus?

What will be the estimated launch price for Nokia 8

Ended up trading my back up old Galaxy S6 with a beaten battery for the Xiaomi A1 Black(Android One). It is finally available to order on Flipkart at the moment. Actual phone cost is around 15k. With the exchange I paid about 5500, added that Rs.99 buy back. 

Should I stick with that or go with the Redmi Note 4 or Mi Max 2? This is just a back up phone with few calls a day, barely any texts. I do use some WhatsApp on it. However I do tether quite a bit with the SIM that's going to be used in this phone. Or any other phones that you guys would suggest?

1 hour ago, kemosabe said:

I bought moto g5 plus for my wife -- its a huge upgrade from her ancient moto g2...My Moto G3 was giving some problem and purchased Lg Q6 for 10k (exchanged my moto g1).. LG Q6 is bit laggy and camera has red eye problem..I really like the review of Xioami A1 or Moto G5 S plus. Any reason why to avoid moto g5 s plus?

Rs. 36999

https://www.amazon.in/b/ref= WL_Nokia_pc/ref=s9_acss_bw_cg_WLM_7a1_w?node=14155083031&pf_rd_m=A1K21FY43GMZF8&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-9&pf_rd_r=XNJC0NH4M0FZY0BR0QGD&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=c7cb1921-9d74-40fd-b5e7-644f7d8d6706&pf_rd_i=1389401031

2 hours ago, adity said:

But it doesn't have bootloader unlocking. When did you change your stance on that?

They are considering changing that stance. @XDA.

2 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Bad, laggy camera, no advantage over the standard G5 Plus apart from a bigger screen. 

The Xiaomi Mi A1 is a better deal. 

The NOKIA 8 is going to launch on the 14th for ~36,999. 

46 minutes ago, sweetvar26 said:

Should I stick with that or go with the Redmi Note 4 or Mi Max 2? This is just a back up phone with few calls a day, barely any texts. I do use some WhatsApp on it. However I do tether quite a bit with the SIM that's going to be used in this phone. Or any other phones that you guys would suggest?

Get the cheapest phone with the largest battery, Mi Max or the MOTO E4 Plus should do fine. 

Edited by ALPHA17

I was very tempted to go for LG Q6 because of additional 2500 exchange which would make it 10k.
Then you mentioned its a bit laggy and it worries me.
I mean for 10k this phone has a 5.5 in bezelless display which is amazing but beyond that, its a mediocre phone isn't it? How's the battery?

I was very tempted to go for LG Q6 because of additional 2500 exchange which would make it 10k.
I mean for 10k this phone has a 5.5 in bezelless display which is amazing but beyond that, its a mediocre phone isn't it? How's the battery?

43 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

@10k its a deal ..screen is awesome :)  But some apps, most importantly youtube,amazon prime video does not support the special aspect ratio - hence both side of the screen will have a small black ribbon. I realize the laggyness while multitasking with heavy apps like fb,chrome and some games. This is a good secondary phone. Battery life is  generic 1 day runner with moderate use. Due to slim design , its bit narrow in width which make it easier for one hand usage. You can resize  and change Font - not sure its an android thing or LG special. I am using google now launcher as I used to it but default LG launcher is not bad for normal user.

57 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

Go for NOKIA 5 if you want to restrict yourself to Snapdragon 430 devices.