The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

Even better. Three is an app called SABS but you have to put some effort the first time. It can disable any app and blocks ads system wide. Works only on Samsung phones with Knox. No root required. 
Didn't know about this.. Went over to xda to download this but unfortunately Samsung has put in a request to take down the thread so the mods there had to delete all the links :(

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, -= L O L =- said:

Didn't know about this.. Went over to xda to download this but unfortunately Samsung has put in a request to take down the thread so the mods there had to delete all the links :(

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.powermanager.batteryaddon

Use this.. 

• Like 1

Anyone here has the Gear S3 with Samsung pay enabled? 

I didn't know that there was a workaround in place already to get SPay on any watch. I applied the workaround on my watch and it does work. Added my HDFC debit and credit cards with ease and used them as well.

Basically, the workaround changes the region of the watch. I set it to a US region code (XAR). While adding a credit card, it asks for a pin code along with cc number, doe, cvv and name. For the HDFC CC, i just put in 5 random numbers and it accepted it.

But, adding citibank credit card has not worked out yet, it keeps getting declined. After agreeing to the TnC, it sends out the request to the bank, i assume, which declines it even before getting to verify using sms, email or call bank option.

any pointers on how to add a Citi Credit card? 

PS: it's cool to use the watch to pay.. adds convenience to making payments. Don't have to take out the phone or wallet out from the pocket. :D 

On 13/6/2018 at 10:51 AM, adity said:

I've heard some really nasty things about the watch in a lot of places. It's very bad quality apparently. 

I had considered it but after hearing this 

errr :|

I've heard some really nasty things about the watch in a lot of places. It's very bad quality apparently. 
All devices will have conked pieces. Doesn't mean it's a bad watch....it's a really good watch. You can also use qmaefit by Xiaomi. Or Garmin vivo fit. All of them costs around 15k. Except amazefit that costs 8.5k

I didn't know that there was a workaround in place already to get SPay on any watch. I applied the workaround on my watch and it does work. Added my HDFC debit and credit cards with ease and used them as well.
Basically, the workaround changes the region of the watch. I set it to a US region code (XAR). While adding a credit card, it asks for a pin code along with cc number, doe, cvv and name. For the HDFC CC, i just put in 5 random numbers and it accepted it.

But, adding citibank credit card has not worked out yet, it keeps getting declined. After agreeing to the TnC, it sends out the request to the bank, i assume, which declines it even before getting to verify using sms, email or call bank option.

PS: it's cool to use the watch to pay.. adds convenience to making payments. Don't have to take out the phone or wallet out from the pocket. [emoji3] 
I have a frontier but I have not rooted it etc. Kept it as it is. Don't care for Spay

1 hour ago, djanuj said:
On 6/13/2018 at 3:05 AM, ayush12ice said:

PS: it's cool to use the watch to pay.. adds convenience to making payments. Don't have to take out the phone or wallet out from the pocket. emoji3.png 

I have a frontier but I have not rooted it etc. Kept it as it is. Don't care for Spay

Actually there is no root involved. Everything is as is. It's just a change of region in the watch. Nothing else and you can switch it back to your original if you want (but then pay won't work).

Actually there is no root involved. Everything is as is. It's just a change of region in the watch. Nothing else and you can switch it back to your original if you want (but then pay won't work).

XDA has a thread on how to root gear S3 with magisk module and xposed module. So that involved root right? Or am I missing something?

20 hours ago, djanuj said:
On 6/15/2018 at 1:24 AM, ayush12ice said:

XDA has a thread on how to rooth gear S3 with magisk module and xposed module. So that involved root right? Or am I missing something?

No root no nothing. Everything is official samsung software or tools

1)Go to settings/about gear/ and activate "Debugging"

2)Go to settings/connetion/Wi-Fi/ and set to "always on" then connect to your preferred network.

3)Go to settings/connetion/Wi-Fi/Wi-Fi networks/your connected network/ and scroll down until 
you find "IP Address" and save somewhere that address.

4) Download to your Desktop "sdb tool"

5)D:\Users\Ayush\Desktop\sdb_2.2.60_windows-64\data\tools>sdb connect 192.168.1.11:26101       [The IP address will be the one your watch has]

6) sdb shell

7)sh-3.2$ launch_app csc-manager.csc-pre-configuration

Once you run the last command, a menu would open on the watch, just select the required region. For Example, XAR for US.

No. 20-573/2017 AS-I
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Telecommunications
20, Ashoka Road, New Delhi - 110001
To,
Dated is" June, 2018
All the UL/UL(VNO)/UASL/CMTS Licensees.
Subject: Clarification regarding Internet Telephony.
With reference to the Internet Telephony services envisaged in the Licenses it is
clarified that the said service is un-tethered from the underlying access network. Hence
Internet Telephony service can be provided by Access Service Provider to the customers
using Internet Service of the other service providers.
~ ,1]-<-\lf
(R.K.SoniJ
Director (AS)
Ph. No. 23036284
Copy to,
1. Secretary (TRAI)
2. Sr. DOG (TEC)/ Wireless Advisor/ Sr. DOG (DGT-HQ)/ Sr. DOG (LFP)/ DOG (LFA) and
DOG (WPF)
3. DDG (CS)/ DOG (DS)/ DOG (A/C)/ CVO
4. COAi.
5. Director (IT) may kindly arrange to upload this letter on the website of DoT.
6. All Directors of AS Division.

Friends I have iPhone 6S and I have installed Steam. Somehow the SteamGuard is not showing any codes on the app. I get codes on Android but not on iOS. Any way to fix this? I am in a fix. Sold my Android recently and I have 2 step authentication activated via Steam Guard. Kya chu****pa hai yaar yeh. And no one has complained about this?

PS : Tried on 4 iOS devices and same issue that I faced. Installed steam on very old android phone and codes are shown.

See pic of my iOS issue. Is this a Bug? Or is this what everyone face?

8e7f89dde8636135ae1ee9960267fcf0.png

Did you deactivate steam from your android device before selling it?  Logout from the steam ios and relogin? 

Sold phone yes but I have the app on old android phone. If I delete that then I will be screwed as I will have no way of getting codes to access my account

1 minute ago, djanuj said:

Sold phone yes but I have the app on old android phone. If I delete that then I will be screwed as I will have no way of getting codes to access my account

Deactivate steam guard using pc and uninstall app from old android and Ios. On pc activate steam guard and follow process and install the app this time only on ios. 

Deactivate steam guard using pc and uninstall app from old android and Ios. On pc activate steam guard and follow process and install the app this time only on ios. 

And if it doesn’t work then? How to deactivate? Because it will ask for the code to deactivate as well