The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

4 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Flipkart, friend also ordered from FK but it already came mine is now pushed to Tuesday... :rant:

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Mine still says ordered. It says expected packing date as 20th, shipping also 20th and delivery on 21st. Not sure if that’s what will actually happen.

1 minute ago, Big Boss said:

Mine still says ordered. It says expected packing date as 20th, shipping also 20th and delivery on 21st. Not sure if that’s what will actually happen.

What color did you pick apparentky carbon black has the least demand, followed by blue and red. 

12 minutes ago, AtheK said:

What color did you pick apparentky carbon black has the least demand, followed by blue and red. 

I picked Blue. Should have gone for black but always thought I can just put a black cover on it if I dislike the look.

7 minutes ago, hazard12345 said:

had to choose between k20 pro and p30, going with the latter

as i am not a fan of the mechanical camera

It has that ugly notch right? I was so pissed off due to iphone x notch and was eagerly waiting for notchless design to become affordable. The Vivo Z1 pro, real me X, Asus 6z and K20 pro were in my shortlist. But spec and price wise (and my love for miui) made me go for K20 Pro.

1 minute ago, Big Boss said:

It has that ugly notch right? I was so pissed off due to iphone x notch and was eagerly waiting for notchless design to become affordable. The Vivo Z1 pro, real me X, Asus 6z and K20 pro were in my shortlist. But spec and price wise (and my love for miui) made me go for K20 Pro.

nope thats the mate 20 pro, this has a tear drop

Even with Amoled + HDR on this K20 display, its no match against the Samsung's super amoled display.. The colors and details look so much better in the S7 screen compared to this.. Guess I'm going to miss this a lot on the new phone

4 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Cheers :cheers:

Which color? I went for blue. Let me know when yours is shipped.

I went for the carbon black (Wanted to go for the blue, but in some videos it looked a bit gaudy). Mine shipped on friday itself, but will reach my place only on sunday.

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

K20 Pro has OIS ?

No, that and the expandable storage are the big omissions. But I guess we can't get OIS for a sub 30k phone. 

Hopefully the night mode, and Gcam will make up for the OIS during the night shots. 

2 hours ago, goDofWar_skr said:

Got my K20 (6gb + 64gb) delivered just now.. :D
I got the carbon balck variant.. Somehow the fire n ice colors did not appeal to me..

Will be replacing my almost 2 yr old Galaxy S7

10 minutes ago, goDofWar_skr said:

Even with Amoled + HDR on this K20 display, its no match against the Samsung's super amoled display.. The colors and details look so much better in the S7 screen compared to this.. Guess I'm going to miss this a lot on the new phone

I am replacing my shattered (yet beautifully functional), almost 3 year old S7 as well :D 

A 3 year old phone's display still better than the one on K20. Are you sure? As per reviews, the K20Pro's screen is just as good as the one on OnePlus7s. And I found the OnePlus7s screen, just as good as mine, except for the PPI. 

2 hours ago, Big Boss said:

It has EIS like Pixel 3. Only thing I will miss from my iphone X.

What ? P2/3/A, all have OIS. 

7 minutes ago, Ram Dante said:

No, that and the expandable storage are the big omissions. But I guess we can't get OIS for a sub 30k phone. 

Hopefully the night mode, and Gcam will make up for the OIS during the night shots. 

Nokia 8.1, Asus 5z, OP6T, all sub 30k with OIS. 

2 minutes ago, Ram Dante said:

I went for the carbon black (Wanted to go for the blue, but in some videos it looked a bit gaudy). Mine shipped on friday itself, but will reach my place only on sunday.

I am replacing my shattered (yet beautifully functional), almost 3 year old S7 as well :D 

A 3 year old phone's display still better than the one on K20. Are you sure? As per reviews, the K20Pro's screen is just as good as the one on OnePlus7s. And I found the OnePlus7s screen, just as good as mine, except for the PPI. 

I was looking to test the HDR feature and tried this video - 

Paused it at exact scene on both phones and noticed that to my eye the image looks so much better on the S7 display.. Even the details are more clearly visible on it even though it doesn't have "HDR" 

10 minutes ago, Ram Dante said:

Why do you need expandable storage, bloody 256 gigs on the one I got, as much as my laptop. Phones these days... 

OIS would mainly be missed while shooting video, pics should be ok. 

19 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

What ? P2/3/A, all have OIS. 

Nokia 8.1, Asus 5z, OP6T, all sub 30k with OIS. 

Damn! Xiaomi shortchanged us then 

17 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Why do you need expandable storage, bloody 256 gigs on the one I got, as much as my laptop. Phones these days... 

OIS would mainly be missed while shooting video, pics should be ok. 

I only got the 128 (which is still good enough). The main reason is, I like to keep my camera pics on the SD card. Just in case the phone goes kaput, I will still have my precious photos.

Btw EIS is good enough against OIS these days, so videos should be decent on the K20Pro. But in low light photos, OIS helps to keep the pics steady for a slightly lower shutter rate and lower ISO (so, cleaner images). Without OIS, the auto mode will choose a higher ISO and higher shutter rate (hence more noise and brightness). But Gcam in this case, should help make things even against an OIS phone (but not entirely).

Edited by Ram Dante

16 minutes ago, Ram Dante said:

Damn! Xiaomi shortchanged us then 

I only got the 128 (which is still good enough). The main reason is, I like to keep my camera pics on the SD card. Just in case the phone goes kaput, I will still have my precious photos.

Btw EIS is good enough against OIS these days, so videos should be decent on the K20Pro. But in low light photos, OIS helps to keep the pics steady for a slightly lower shutter rate and lower ISO (so, cleaner images). Without OIS, the auto mode will choose a higher ISO and higher shutter rate (hence more noise and brightness). But Gcam in this case, should help make things even against an OIS phone (but not entirely).

Use the night mode in gcam camera.. You would be super surprised. 

Check this video specially the low light part. 

Edited by AtheK

2 hours ago, Sach4life said:

Where did you guys order K20 Pro? I want to order one for my father. Fk or MI's own website? Also, when is the next sale?

We had paid upfront 855 rupees to be included in alpha sale, next sale is on 22nd July. 256 GB version is fastest finger fast round :p

2 hours ago, AtheK said:

We had paid upfront 855 rupees to be included in alpha sale, next sale is on 22nd July. 256 GB version is fastest finger fast round :p

It will be easily available as not many takers for the K20 with its premium price tag. Fastest finger currently is on the redmi 7a for 5799 and 5999. Sold out in 60 seconds on the first sale. It's a first for xiaomi as it comes with 2 years warranty.