The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

This might not be the right thread for this, but I couldnt find an appropriate one so...

So around 1:30 AM yesterday I got about 30 OTP texts from services that I dont even use these days (Flipkart, Oyo Rooms, Tinder, Unacademy, BSNL, Yatra, Wynk). Usual 10 mins timer on these OTPs for verification. For some I received another OTP too.  I was asleep then so I saw all these texts now. Does that make any sense?

And if someone was trying to gain access, it wasn't very discrete. I mean like 30 OTPs. One would notice that this is weird. I don't even have an account to most of these services.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

This might not be the right thread for this, but I couldnt find an appropriate one so...

So around 1:30 AM yesterday I got about 30 OTP texts from services that I dont even use these days (Flipkart, Oyo Rooms, Tinder, Unacademy, BSNL, Yatra, Wynk). Usual 10 mins timer on these OTPs for verification. For some I received another OTP too.  I was asleep then so I saw all these texts now. Does that make any sense?

You got SMS Bombed. It's a prank SMS app which sends you 100s of OTP in a span of 1 minute. None of your account is compromised if that happened. To be safe, change passwords of the services that you use.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

You got SMS Bombed. It's a prank SMS app which sends you 100s of OTP in a span of 1 minute. None of your account is compromised if that happened. To be safe, change passwords of the services that you use.

Hmmm. I did get a lot of OTPs, all of them at 1:29 AM and 1:30 AM. Like all of them pretty much together. None of them from a service that I use. 
Thanks for the advice, will do.

Nokia will take a week to fix a phone, charging port issue.

Also, had been buggy right from the start.

They did tell warranty will cover everything.

Although it failed the litmus water test and they were notifying that it has so many scratches, was it dropped or did someone open it.

Edited by GunnerY2J

Note 10 - 256 + 8 = 69,990

Note 10+ - 256 +11 = 79,990

6K cash back on Icici cards. 

Pre order and get galaxy active for 10k

Edited by AtheK

36 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

As always Samsung’s pricing is commendable.

Cheaper then US if yiu take into consideration the Cashback, on par if taken without Cashback. 

I have been a note user, Note 3 then Note 5 because i couldn't get the Note 7 in 2016 coz of it's fiasco. I do feel my phone experience to be complete with the S-pen like having a physical mouse on a laptop and not having it makes me feel like my hands are tied. Though the note series has had it's troubles as the note 3 MoBo went kaput within luckily the warranty period so i got it replaced, and on the day i purchased the Note 5 and updated it, it's bluetooth chip died and had to go through a tedious process to replace it. So can you give me some confidence that samsung has improved over the years and respects the money customers put in these premium phone.

Also i am very confused between this and iphone 11 max, will it cost more than Rs.1.25 lakh, i hear it maybe made in india so can we get it below 1 lakh like US gets ?

iOS seems way too innovative these days and supports their phones with latest stuff even after 3-4 years while with non google phones like sammy they doen't even care for the existence of their 1 year old flagships.

Please need help fast as they are saying if i don't prebook now i wont get the first shipment of 23rd august and will be delayed after aug 31st

8 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

I have been a note user, Note 3 then Note 5 because i couldn't get the Note 7 in 2016 coz of it's fiasco. I do feel my phone experience to be complete with the S-pen like having a physical mouse on a laptop and not having it makes me feel like my hands are tied. Though the note series has had it's troubles as the note 3 MoBo went kaput within luckily the warranty period so i got it replaced, and on the day i purchased the Note 5 and updated it, it's bluetooth chip died and had to go through a tedious process to replace it. So can you give me some confidence that samsung has improved over the years and respects the money customers put in these premium phone.

Also i am very confused between this and iphone 11 max, will it cost more than Rs.1.25 lakh, i hear it maybe made in india so can we get it below 1 lakh like US gets ?

iOS seems way too innovative these days and supports their phones with latest stuff even after 3-4 years while with non google phones like sammy they doen't even care for the existence of their 1 year old flagships.

Please need help fast as they are saying if i don't prebook now i wont get the first shipment of 23rd august and will be delayed after aug 31st

Samsung does 2 major android os updates plus security patch for total 3 years

IOS supports their devices for at least 5-6 years .

If going for iphone I  would wait for the next gen iphone due in next month .

Anyways if you love the s pen its advisable to go for the note  10 

Just now, NitroNeo said:

You just highlighted the confusion in my head, isn't there a clear solution, apple not adapting to usb-c, smaller notch, isn't helping, but then again 5-6 years of support man that's great

Where in they remove one features, phone slows down, they throttle speeds, though it has now been addressed. 

I think when it comes to mobil os, we have pretty much peaked out, the move from one version to other hardly has any changes. 

1.25 for iPhone is equivalent of getting two note phones. Works out the same and who keeps phone for 5 years these days.