The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

5 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

When i prebook it with my number, they said i have to use that sim only for 2 days with the phone, he did not state the reason why, it seemed weird, since i will get the indian model why would i have to go through the procedure of activating the phone like you said, i guess that is for a phone purchased outside india where you have to use a sim of that country for a day, but since i will get the indian unit from official samsung store i find this procedure confusing,

No its the same for all countries now for samsung, if you buy a phone in India, you have to use an Indian sim till phone gets activated. It can be any Indian sim, the reason you have been asked to use the prebook number is for you to get prebook offer. You can use any other sim, in sim 2 slot. Once phone is activated any other country sim can be used. 

You will see your box will say Indian sim only. 

Just like other countries, Indian models can be exported too where the phone is expensive 

Edited by AtheK

9 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Oh ok cool, another thing is i don't want to use my playstore email id/account id to get the buds offer, so can i create a samsung account with another email id, use it with that app and get the buds ?

Yes both accounts can be different. 

2 hours ago, AtheK said:

Yes both accounts can be different. 

Do i have to insert my playstore id to install that samsung app used to redeem offers ? Can i just login to galaxy app store and get the app?

I really don't want to involve my playstore id in this transaction

5 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Do i have to insert my playstore id to install that samsung app used to redeem offers ? Can i just login to galaxy app store and get the app?

I really don't want to involve my playstore id in this transaction

You can use your Samsung ID,which can be different from your playstore id. 

I have little knowledge about DACs in phones these days, since i was stuck on note 5 for 3 years now, so should i use this type-c to 3.5mm converter with the Note 10+ ?

https://www.oneplus.in/product/oneplus-type-c-adapter

The reason i am asking because some reviewer on the below Scosche product said the converter made their type-c port kaput.

https://www.amazon.com/Scosche-CAAP-StrikeLine-Headphone-Adapter/dp/B07HM7VN23/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=Scosche+USB-C+3.5mm+Headphone+Adapter&qid=1566503257&s=gateway&sr=8-5

So i just wanna play it safe would like to know if the OnePlus converter will work safely with samsung's DAC port whatever.

Edited by NitroNeo

So while i was doing research on buying a new phone i came across some info that should help some curve screen phone owners here.

I came across two well reviewed cases in Armadiltek Vanguard and Supcase Unicorn Beetle pro, these have a screen protector built in to the case which covers the screen it is made of a hard material. Either of these are there for Pixel 2 XL, S8, S9 series, Note 8, Note 9, OnePlus 6t/7/7 Pro, though i see multiple reviews on samsung devices, if you need to cover that curved screen with a hard protector then check the reviews before buying, some people who bought the oneplus have written that the supcase worked with the optical scanner, but check it for yourself by watching youtube videos, armadilotek is not available for OnePlus i guess, so do check for yourself if your model is supported or not, these are the only 2 popular brands i saw, there are others also but not many reviews so i ignored them.

But this does not work for the S10, Note 10 series as they have the ultrasonic in display fingerprint thus these cases don't come with such screen protectors for these two series, for these series they have raised lips only.

Just posted this since i remembered having a discussion here that some of the members here were using their curved phones without any tempered glass as because of the curves of the glass and glue only on side it would get air bubbles and after a few months would come off. I hope this helps those users out, again please check if your model is properly supported by checking out youtube videos of those cases for your model.

The unicorn beetle pro is available for OP7 Pro check it out, i don't know the ones sold on amazon india the seller is iblossom or something and i saw the same seller selling UB Pro on mobilefun website with their brand name, so i suggest buying directly from the official seller from amazon . com

2 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

The unicorn beetle pro is available for OP7 Pro check it out, i don't know the ones sold on amazon india the seller is iblossom or something and i saw the same seller selling UB Pro on mobilefun website with their brand name, so i suggest buying directly from the official seller from amazon . com

Dont like bulky cases. Fusion had a good design but the design for Op7P looks bulky so not getting it. 

The magnetic cases in aliexpress look good but i think the magnet will interfere with the phone. 

2 hours ago, goDofWar_skr said:

Google AliExpress hydrogel..

Are you talking about the screen protector is it better than tempered glass?

Ok so i got the Note 10+, skipping all the good stuff that we all know now, the freaking wifi bug famous for s10 i guess, is here out of the box, the wifi works fine but then if i keep it on lock the screen and use the phone after half an hour or so it won't reconnect automatically and i have to turn wifi off and on again for it to work. If you lock and use the phone after 5-10 mins it works, i guess for a longer duration the phone allows some function to sleep but wifi doesn't seem to know to auto connect.

I hate cheap issues like this from OOB phone and a premium one at that, apple takes the cake for a quality OS Maintenance.

So i checked online and saw a few solutions, i tried phone restart, resetting network settings but it's not working, should i wipe cache partition and factory reset like suggested in many S10 Wifi connection issues, i doubt it would solve it though, will wipping cache partition harm my device ? I used to do alot of cache wipes on Note 3 and installing new firmwares fresh from odin back in the day but i guess that made the device function weird in late of it's life and impacted the mobo in some way.

Will the company fix this ? S10 owners here did software update solve your wifi problems ?

11 minutes ago, adity said:

I never had this problem on my S10e, man. Have you tried turning off the Samsung auto optimisation. There are 2. One is the android function which you should keep on and one is of Samsung which puts the phone into power saver mode in times of inactivity. You should turn that off. 

Where are these options located at ?

This is just disgusting from samsung i get this same exact message "internet may not be available" and to think they can't even simply directly reconnect to wifi, what type of flop software are they making. My 4 year old moto x play can still reconnect to wifi directly after several hours of being kept on locked state

As it stands the problem above that exists for 3+ years now since the days of s7 edge as per a commenter on thread below, there is now fix, even the guy who thought he found a fix in the OP seems to be getting the error again, this is an issue reported on the US samsung community page, i am amazed how samsung has not taken any action, scum company.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/Galaxy-s10-quot-Internet-may-not-be-available-quot-FIX/td-p/532528

Edited by NitroNeo

Note 10 galaxy bud offer says same phone number which is used for activating phone should be used for Samsung shop, but during setup it didn’t asked for any number for phone activation. So which number should I use for Samsung shop sim1 or 2?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Note 10 galaxy bud offer says same phone number which is used for activating phone should be used for Samsung shop, but during setup it didn’t asked for any number for phone activation. So which number should I use for Samsung shop sim1 or 2?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You should use the number you used to prebook the phone, this is what i was told by the store person.

If you have the note 10 please check if you are getting the above wifi problem as me as shown in the video 2 posts back, it occurs when you have kept wifi on, lock your phone and open it again let's say after 30 mins. The wifi shown error internet may not be available and fails to connect online.

You should use the number you used to prebook the phone, this is what i was told by the store person.

If you have the note 10 please check if you are getting the above wifi problem as me as shown in the video 2 posts back, it occurs when you have kept wifi on, lock your phone and open it again let's say after 30 mins. The wifi shown error internet may not be available and fails to connect online.
Sure I will check and let you know. Are you able to claim galaxy bud offer from Samsung shop app??

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk