The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

1 minute ago, NitroNeo said:

The downside being if i get a even shitier replacement with other issues will they entertain me for another replacement?

Also this should actually be easily fixed by a software update idk why samsung is so reluctant to do it.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Is it a well documented issue with note 10, havent seen anyone else report this in xda forum. 

3 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

The downside being if i get a even shitier replacement with other issues will they entertain me for another replacement?

Also this should actually be easily fixed by a software update idk why samsung is so reluctant to do it.

It is a one off thing. Don't worry snd just apply for a replacement. It is not like every Note 10+ is going to be riddled with issues. 

I have a note 10+, WiFi is perfectly fine

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Is it connecting to older wifi routers and are you able to download large apps like pubg mobile 2gb in the background while the screen is kept off beyond 25+ mins

Do check your router, may be problem is with your router.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Already checked with a stable hathway dlink router which was auto reconnecting tried to download pubg eith failed results as you can see from my post a few pages back. I have had so many issues with samsung phones i guess the brand is not for me default_sad.png

Surprisingly though my relatives a70 which i used for a while worked lol

2 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Already checked with a stable hathway dlink router which was auto reconnecting tried to download pubg eith failed results as you can see from my post a few pages back. I have had so many issues with samsung phones i guess the brand is not for me default_sad.png

Surprisingly though my relatives a70 which i used for a while worked lol

try replicating at a friend house and see if you are getting similar issue. I don't agree this is a widespread issue, as tech sites would ahev already made a lot of noise around it, guess you just got a lemon.

try replicating at a friend house and see if you are getting similar issue. I don't agree this is a widespread issue, as tech sites would ahev already made a lot of noise around it, guess you just got a lemon.
But what about the s8 owners with wifi issues i posted a 46 page thread of samsung us community, but nobody made the noise and those issues still persist on s9, note 9,s10.

I guess samsung pays tech youtubers and websites to shut up. And unsuspecting buyers like me end up buying their so called latest and greatest.

7 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

But what about the s8 owners with wifi issues i posted a 46 page thread of samsung us community, but nobody made the noise and those issues still persist on s9, note 9,s10.

I guess samsung pays tech youtubers and websites to shut up. And unsuspecting buyers like me end up buying their so called latest and greatest.

No idea man, I have had s6, s7 edge, s8 and now on s9+, never had an issue with wifi with any of the devices. Nor have I heard anyone complain in my circle, someone just posted above that no issue with note 10+. Again, I am not saying that your rant is unwarranted, just saying maybe there is some  thing else that needs a bit of tweaking.

The experience you are having after paying such big money is absolutely not in Line with expectations, but if let's say it works fine at a different location, we can try to zero on to the issue and try fixing. 

Edited by AtheK

Btw my model number is N975F/DS for those of you guys who bought the indian model is yours the same ? mine is manufactured in india written on back of phone.

Also the store updated my phone on the date of purchase so is your software version the same did you guys update the phone? And did you use wifi of broadban or mobile data to install OTA update [do answer this it's important]

Screenshot-20190826-165408-Software-upda

Unable to understand why don't you just get it replaced since you've the option ? Problem can be with the chip itself, and since it's not widely reported, doesn't look like a common issue. 
Just get it replaced man. 
I am trying to get it replaced but they insisted on flashing the firmware again. And i can't do anything until they give me papers to replace the device.

Ok so they just flashed the firmware fresh and it seems unlikely they will replace the device since it's connecting and never lost the signal to their wifi.

Keeping that aside for now, i tried installing PUBG on my old moto x play and to my surprise it downloaded 1.2GB in 50 mins, then i checked the settings and i saw the option "Keep wi-fi on during sleep" set to always, i did not see this option in my Note 10+ and i even looked into developer options, then now i cam across this article, the guy jeff and his pixel 2 has the same issue as me, you'll need to read it to understand, it will be tedious for me to explain.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2017/10/24/google-inexplicably-removed-keep-wifi-sleep-toggle-pixel-2/#1

why would google and samsung remove this option and why am i the freaking unlucky one who's keep wifi on during sleep value is not set to 2 [always] again read the article to understand.

Man i hate this.

5 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Ok so they just flashed the firmware fresh and it seems unlikely they will replace the device since it's connecting and never lost the signal to their wifi.

Keeping that aside for now, i tried installing PUBG on my old moto x play and to my surprise it downloaded 1.2GB in 50 mins, then i checked the settings and i saw the option "Keep wi-fi on during sleep" set to always, i did not see this option in my Note 10+ and i even looked into developer options, then now i cam across this article, the guy jeff and his pixel 2 has the same issue as me, you'll need to read it to understand, it will be tedious for me to explain.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2017/10/24/google-inexplicably-removed-keep-wifi-sleep-toggle-pixel-2/#1

why would google and samsung remove this option and why am i the freaking unlucky one who's keep wifi on during sleep value is not set to 2 [always] again read the article to understand.

Man i hate this.

If it never lost signal of their wifi, then doesn't that mean that wifi setting is alright? Because otherwise the default option will make it sleep on every network.

You can still get it replaced by being adamant and saying it doesn't work on all wifi but honestly, this surely seems like an issue with wrong wifi configuration and hardware of the networks you have tested.

Try to get hands on new router/modem and check it with your connection or find another connection.

Quoting Downloading numbers won't help you with the service centre.

7 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Man i hate this.

Have you tried the ADB method as mentioned in that post ? Changing the value to 2 ?

8 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

If ur moto is having the same issue, the problem is either with ur google account or ur wifi/router. 

(Since its working fine in the service center, i doubt the problem is with the phone) 

I would advice to do a clean reset of ur phone without restoring from the google backup (since the wifi setting is probably getting restored on ur new phone) and download on another wifi network to make sure the problem is not with the phone. 

If it never lost signal of their wifi, then doesn't that mean that wifi setting is alright? Because otherwise the default option will make it sleep on every network.
You can still get it replaced by being adamant and saying it doesn't work on all wifi but honestly, this surely seems like an issue with wrong wifi configuration and hardware of the networks you have tested.
Try to get hands on new router/modem and check it with your connection or find another connection.
Quoting Downloading numbers won't help you with the service centre.

Service center Test 1 - i tried installing pubg there at the center it downloaded 592mb in 30min while the screen was locked, so i cancelled the download and started a new test.

Service center test 2 - This time i kept screen on by setting the display timeout to 10min and touched the screen every onw and then to keep the screen on, started a fresh pubg install and this time the entire 2gb game got downloaded in 15min.

These test shows that while it reconnected properly to their net the wifi did go to sleep when the screen was locked in the first test and thus only downloaded 592mb.
Have you tried the ADB method as mentioned in that post ? Changing the value to 2 ?

I want to do this but the article does not mention how to do this, i don't want to root the device for it, can it be done normally?

If ur moto is having the same issue, the problem is either with ur google account or ur wifi/router. 
(Since its working fine in the service center, i doubt the problem is with the phone) 

I would advice to do a clean reset of ur phone without restoring from the google backup (since the wifi setting is probably getting restored on ur new phone) and download on another wifi network to make sure the problem is not with the phone. 
Noto x play, works well without issue as it has a visible option to keep wifi on during sleep and i had already set it to always. It keeps on downloading the app in the background.

But i can't find the keep wifi on during sleep option on note 10+ anywhere. Not even in developers options you get by tapping on build number multiple times.