The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

19 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

I want to do this but the article does not mention how to do this, i don't want to root the device for it, can it be done normally?

No root needed.

Follow this guide to install adb: https://www.xda-developers.com/quickly-install-adb/

4 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

No root needed.

Follow this guide to install adb: https://www.xda-developers.com/quickly-install-adb/

Thanks i just checked, here is the result

WIFI-Prob.jpg

Can someone with a S10 or Note 10 series phone perform the following test

Turn off mobile data, NFC, location etc, just keep wifi on, install a large apk game like PUBG [2GB] or other over wifi, when you begin the install go to the installed app tab located in apps and games of playstore next to library so you can see download progress. Then lock the screen for 25-30 mins, unlock the screen again and see progress, with my 4mbps connection i can download 200mb in 10m so in 30m it should be 600mb but since i lock the screen download pauses at 280mb or so it is the same time around 10-15m mark when the wifi goes to sleep on screenlock.

By the results of this test i can understand if according to your connection you are downloading less data on screenlock it is a common occurrence in samsung phones of now since the keep wifi on during sleep option is gone. But if you do fully do download data let's say 200mb for 10mins is your standard then if you download 600mb in 30m then i 'll know the problem is in my phone.

Sorry for bothering you guys like this but the customer service people are not budging since the phone is auto connecting to wifi and making it difficult for me to get a replacement. Out of all my phones only this phone isn't auto downloading data in the background, this will be a problem for me if i want to stream games or a movie on a television from my phone [just some examples i thought of where wifi not running in the background can affect the user].

3 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Thanks i just checked, here is the result

WIFI-Prob.jpg

Can someone with a S10 or Note 10 series phone perform the following test

Turn off mobile data, NFC, location etc, just keep wifi on, install a large apk game like PUBG [2GB] or other over wifi, when you begin the install go to the installed app tab located in apps and games of playstore next to library so you can see download progress. Then lock the screen for 25-30 mins, unlock the screen again and see progress, with my 4mbps connection i can download 200mb in 10m so in 30m it should be 600mb but since i lock the screen download pauses at 280mb or so it is the same time around 10-15m mark when the wifi goes to sleep on screenlock.

By the results of this test i can understand if according to your connection you are downloading less data on screenlock it is a common occurrence in samsung phones of now since the keep wifi on during sleep option is gone. But if you do fully do download data let's say 200mb for 10mins is your standard then if you download 600mb in 30m then i 'll know the problem is in my phone.

Sorry for bothering you guys like this but the customer service people are not budging since the phone is auto connecting to wifi and making it difficult for me to get a replacement. Out of all my phones only this phone isn't auto downloading data in the background, this will be a problem for me if i want to stream games or a movie on a television from my phone [just some examples i thought of where wifi not running in the background can affect the user].

Only option is to keep pestering the SC guys, and maybe write to higher ups in the Samsung India chain. If possible, take 2 Note 10s, and do the experiment in front of them. 

3 hours ago, adity said:

I'll try it today on my S10e. 

Thanks man do post the results

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Only option is to keep pestering the SC guys, and maybe write to higher ups in the Samsung India chain. If possible, take 2 Note 10s, and do the experiment in front of them. 

Can i download a game on the demo unit they have, the store guy was saying the net speed is slow, as they reached this month's high speed download limit of 400GB on their Tata net.

After reading the above Issue I remembered one such incident regarding s10. One of friend asked me that his s10 screen does not wake up for few seconds to show which app notifications arrived, Only sound and screen remains blank. The funny thing is my M20 does the same thing. I told him to use a third party app which I use my self. 

What I don't understand why does samsung makes such good phones prices it well then leaves such simple features. If there is way to do this without using third party app please let me know.  

31 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Thanks man do post the results

Can i download a game on the demo unit they have, the store guy was saying the net speed is slow, as they reached this month's high speed download limit of 400GB on their Tata net.

Get some senior peeps involved man. It's India - unless you create a ruckus, they will *beep* you. Tweet, email, document everything. If every action fails, you can finally hit the consumer court. 

11 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Get some senior peeps involved man. It's India - unless you create a ruckus, they will *beep* you. Tweet, email, document everything. If every action fails, you can finally hit the consumer court. 

Now to further shock, my mobile internet does not even keep downloading in the background, i did the same 30min screen lock test, with mobile data set to always active. This option was enabled in developer options,

https://i.ibb.co/2chnc48/Screenshot-20190827-213328-Settings.jpg

Results,

Start 9.34pm-

https://i.ibb.co/0VXD6rg/Screenshot-20190827-213430-Google-Play-Store.jpg

Finish 10.03pm

https://i.ibb.co/MpqT53K/Screenshot-20190827-220318-Google-Play-Store.jpg

As you can see in 29mins only 83 MB data is downloaded, and at the start 10 MB were downloaded already, by this rate the download should have been well around 500MB on my 8Mbps 4G speed, but the data didn't even progress, my guess is device went to sleep after 10mins [is this the standard time android OS goes to sleep after screen lock ?].

Google damn messed up removing the keep wifi during sleep options, and now samsung just screwed more, at least google does software updates quickly to fix brand image destroying issues, samsung on the other hand does not even care for it's customers and tries to persuade them to use a faulty product, isse aacha china ka phone leta, woh toh isse aacha chalta aur mera naya phone use karne ka maja bhi nahi jata.

53 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

After reading the above Issue I remembered one such incident regarding s10. One of friend asked me that his s10 screen does not wake up for few seconds to show which app notifications arrived, Only sound and screen remains blank. The funny thing is my M20 does the same thing. I told him to use a third party app which I use my self. 

What I don't understand why does samsung makes such good phones prices it well then leaves such simple features. If there is way to do this without using third party app please let me know.  

Let me know of the names of the apps as well, I'll try them.

16 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Now to further shock, my mobile internet does not even keep downloading in the background, i did the same 30min screen lock test, with mobile data set to always active. This option was enabled in developer options,

https://i.ibb.co/2chnc48/Screenshot-20190827-213328-Settings.jpg

Results,

Start 9.34pm-

https://i.ibb.co/0VXD6rg/Screenshot-20190827-213430-Google-Play-Store.jpg

Finish 10.03pm

https://i.ibb.co/MpqT53K/Screenshot-20190827-220318-Google-Play-Store.jpg

As you can see in 29mins only 83 MB data is downloaded, and at the start 10 MB were downloaded already, by this rate the download should have been well around 500MB on my 8Mbps 4G speed, but the data didn't even progress, my guess is device went to sleep after 10mins [is this the standard time android OS goes to sleep after screen lock ?].

Google damn messed up removing the keep wifi during sleep options, and now samsung just screwed more, at least google does software updates quickly to fix brand image destroying issues, samsung on the other hand does not even care for it's customers and tries to persuade them to use a faulty product, isse aacha china ka phone leta, woh toh isse aacha chalta aur mera naya phone use karne ka maja bhi nahi jata.

Dude, are you sure that it's not any Google Play services or any networking process which is being put to sleep instead?

Because I searched online and actually tested Note 10+ on data and it worked just fine.

I don't it's Samsung which you should be cursing, it may just be an one off. Rummage around the app sleep and battery settings.

5 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Dude, are you sure that it's not any Google Play services or any networking process which is being put to sleep instead?

Because I searched online and actually tested Note 10+ on data and it worked just fine.

I don't it's Samsung which you should be cursing, it may just be an one off. Rummage around the app sleep and battery settings.

Bro i don't know what service to check and where, do let me know, all these tests and hassle with a new product it's just too much, is your friend's note 10+ aura glow 256GB ? I'l check if it is model specific issue, sometimes some parts are reserved for particular models, phone leke shanti se use karna tha, yaha pe toh poori android ki PHD karni pad rahi hai.

2 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Bro i don't know what service to check and where, do let me know, all these tests and hassle with a new product it's just too much, is your friend's note 10+ aura glow 256GB ? I'l check if it is model specific issue, sometimes some parts are reserved for particular models, phone leke shanti se use karna tha, yaha pe toh poori android ki PHD karni pad rahi hai.

Old guide but see if any of this helps: https://appuals.com/why-does-my-android-wifi-keep-turning-off/

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Old guide but see if any of this helps: https://appuals.com/why-does-my-android-wifi-keep-turning-off/

I'll check nut check my post above a few detailing how it happens with mobile data as well, basically the phone is refusing to keep any kind of internet connection on after the screen is turned off, while my note 5 downloads just fine with mobile data and wifi when the screen is off, this note10+ model is faulty wish they show me humanity and help out.

39 minutes ago, adity said:

I checked on my S10e. With screen off and everything other than WiFi off, PUBG downloaded in like 3 or 4 minutes. 

You should push your case hard if you can't find a solution, make a scene in their store, cause a ruckus, be an a**hole and get it replaced. 

Oh man that should not be the way, just to get a genuine issue fixed :( do they have some negative marking that they are avoiding replacement cases of the buyers from that store ?

3 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Oh man that should not be the way, just to get a genuine issue fixed :( do they have some negative marking that they are avoiding replacement cases of the buyers from that store ?

Companies will always instruct their service centers to avoid replacement as far as possible.

In your case, unfortunately, adity's suggestion seems to be the way to go. Clearly there's a problem here, and you will have to create enough noise till they accept it. It sucks and you shouldn't have to, but that's the way it is now.

Ok got the phone replaced and now testing the new one. Meanwhile can anyone help me with the display settings, I'd like to make the display a s similar to a Sony or an iPhone screen those are for me perfect natural colors. The natural colors on this device are too warm. And vivid the colors pop too much, if anyone has found a proper balance of RGB post your display calibration with screenshots.

And thanks to everyone here for going through the long posts and encouraging to replace it.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Ok got the phone replaced and now testing the new one. Meanwhile can anyone help me with the display settings, I'd like to make the display a s similar to a Sony or an iPhone screen those are for me perfect natural colors. The natural colors on this device are too warm. And vivid the colors pop too much, if anyone has found a proper balance of RGB post your display calibration with screenshots.

And thanks to everyone here for going through the long posts and encouraging to replace it.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Are you facing the wifi sleep issue on the replacement?