The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

51 minutes ago, kunjanp said:
Are you facing the wifi sleep issue on the replacement? 

Only in play store, in YouTube the video is downloading even after 1+ hour. I need to do a couple of more tests with upload also.

But there is clearly a issue samsung and google need to address and fix.

If any of you Note 10/10+ owners or friends of owners are willing to go to the root why the wifi is going to sleep while downloading from playstore please do the following

Conditions to observe the issue

-Problem repeats on both wifi and mobile data [individually]
- Keep a large enough file for download which you will know won't download within 30+ minutes on your internet connection.
- The reason I am  saying 30+ minutes is that i don't know when the phone puts the downloads to sleep exactly and to see a noticeable difference and get a better understanding of the problem you will have to spend more than a minimum of 30 minutes.

- global wifi_sleep_policy is set to 2 [ checked with ADB ]

this is a problem i am facing since day 1 of the purchase, what happens is that if i keep a large file for download and lock the phone screen, during the 30 mins it keeps downloading the file until it just puts it to sleep, it might happen after 12,15 or 20 minutes i don't know for sure, but when I unlock the screen after 30mins or so the download has just progressed by a small amount instead of a substantial amount or nearing completion as per the connection. They tested a S8 at the store also and the phone downloaded PUBG in 6Mins with screen on and again with screen off it downloaded PBG 1.7GB with screen locked for 6-7 mins of checking, clearly playstore is either not optimized for note10+ or some major fault is there.

Also please help me with wifi calling problem, since my net connection is 3.2Mbps DL and 600Kbps upload is that why wifi calling option gets turned off automatically when turned on over my wifi ?

This phone has Wi-Fi 6 i wish it didn't :(

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Edited by NitroNeo

Tried turning on wifi calling on the 50mbps hathway connection also but it does not turn on, location scanning is set to wifi and bluetooth, tried all combinations of on off patterns of location but none work, what seems to be the problem?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Which 30-40k phone has WiFi calling which works?
S8 series goes around that price and has it, unlike whatsapp with wifi calling you can call people in your contacts who don't use whatsapp or apps like that. And t is free like whatsapp this is beneficial while travelling. I have sen people who don't do international roaming because it's 5k or so with wifi calling you can call like you are using jo rs.399 pack as long as the time you have over the free wifi. I wouldn't use it for paid wifi though.

18 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

My point being it's a 80k phone whether used or not, all features and functions should work as expected. Even a 20-30k phone can perform it's operations as expected out of box.

It's Samsung job to include or not include features but it's your job, as a consumer to check whether the phone you are going to buy has the feature you want.

Also, wifi calling is not supported in India, just like caller ID blocking, it's a feature but not enabled.

It's not the 80k phone's fault.

30 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

S8 series goes around that price and has it, unlike whatsapp with wifi calling you can call people in your contacts who don't use whatsapp or apps like that. And t is free like whatsapp this is beneficial while travelling. I have sen people who don't do international roaming because it's 5k or so with wifi calling you can call like you are using jo rs.399 pack as long as the time you have over the free wifi. I wouldn't use it for paid wifi though.

Your network should support WiFi calling. No network in India does that. Maybe because of that it doesn't work.

Your network should support WiFi calling. No network in India does that. Maybe because of that it doesn't work.

Hope it does soon very convinient feature to have.

But the weird thing is on mobile data wifi calling stays on but not on wifi even if i try keeping mobile data on with wifi or if i keep wifi on individually.

I just did a quick google search and there are 100s of posts complaining about WiFi calling on various phones and networks, mostly related to US carriers. Some complain about it getting turned off automatically, some say that it stays on even after turning of, some say it's broken after Pie update. I think you are worrying too much about a feature that isn't even supported in India.

I just did a quick google search and there are 100s of posts complaining about WiFi calling on various phones and networks, mostly related to US carriers. Some complain about it getting turned off automatically, some say that it stays on even after turning of, some say it's broken after Pie update. I think you are worrying too much about a feature that isn't even supported in India.
Oh i just checked on youtube and found a couple of indian techtubers showing how to use it so thought it's enabled here.

Did any note 10 owners try the playstore background download test, one member mentioned previously BG DL worked on his note10+ and for me it worked on youtube download but playstore BG DL is not working it gets paused after 10+ mins and if you want to observe a major change just keep the screen locked and keep the download active for 45+ minutes, in my case on both note10+ it did not progress beyond some subpar amount less than actual progress that should have been made.

I have tested it on A70,note 5, MxP and service Center's s8 all phones did BG DL properly. So if this is a google problem then they should fix it ASAP.

My current observation is that the playstore is not properly setup and optimized to work on note10+

9 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Oh i just checked on youtube and found a couple of indian techtubers showing how to use it so thought it's enabled here.

Did any note 10 owners try the playstore background download test, one member mentioned previously BG DL worked on his note10+ and for me it worked on youtube download but playstore BG DL is not working it gets paused after 10+ mins and if you want to observe a major change just keep the screen locked and keep the download active for 45+ minutes, in my case on both note10+ it did not progress beyond some subpar amount less than actual progress that should have been made.

I have tested it on A70,note 5, MxP and service Center's s8 all phones did BG DL properly. So if this is a google problem then they should fix it ASAP.

My current observation is that the playstore is not properly setup and optimized to work on note10+

I think you are overanalyzing things, we don't download big files from playstore daily, they are usually small files. Once in a while if you do have to download a big file, just let the screen be on. 

Dont ruin your overall experience with being fixated on one issue, have fun with the rest of the new neat features. This will anyway eventually get fixed. 

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

You are thinking too much. Every phone has issues, so stop worrying about it.

Just enjoy the experience, there is nothing wrong with the phone.

2 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Looks like the phone has a sh*t ton of issues man. Donate it to me. I'll be your guinea pig. 

:D

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

• 2 weeks later...