The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

21 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

Anyone here ported from Vodafone to Airtel or Airtel to Jio prepaid connection? Whats the duration for whole process? While number is being ported can I still use it?

Ported from Voda to Airtel. 

Added the request online, guy came on the same day, took 10 mins to fill all the details.

He gave the sim right there.

Took 2 days, got a msg that port is done, signals dropped. Popped the new sim and it started working.

Number was usable throughout, though they do say that it might drop for a couple of hours after midnight during those 2 days.

Edited by kunjanp
  • Thanks 1

Ported from Voda to Airtel. 
Added the request online, guy came on the same day, took 10 mins to fill all the details.
He gave the sim right there.

Took 2 days, got a msg that port is done, signals dropped. Popped the new sim and it started working.

Number was usable throughout, though they do say that it might drop for a couple of hours after midnight during those 2 days.

They came home to do it? That's actually quite impressive. Also if I may ask what was the reason for porting?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

They came home to do it? That's actually quite impressive. Also if I may ask what was the reason for porting?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Yeah, Voda and Airtel generally have a lot of on foot guys roaming about so just Amazon with their doorstep notification, they come at your home. Your case may vary.

Personally, I am still on Voda but I have been getting many signals issues, also data doesn't sometimes especially in metro while Jio and Airtel does better.

Although every operator is getting trashier by the day. I just changed my mom's no. to see how Airtel really stacks up.

• 2 weeks later...

Official.

Not that anything was yet to be known.

Overall, the phones look miles better than the atrocity (Pixel 3 XL, specifically) from last year.

The black version has a glossy finish. The white and the orange have a matte finish. And the orange is apparently, a limited edition, of sorts.

That top bezel is really off-putting, though. Terrible design choice. Messes with the symmetry of the phone. Maybe it's just me, but it's just not something I can overlook.

Also, they did not mention anything about the regions it will be available in. Normally, the Pixels are available in India pretty soon. But, this time, due to the Motion Sense tech, which is kinda okay as a feature (I think), I don't think they've gotten the necessary approvals required to sell it in India.

According to the leaked info a few months ago, India wasn't one of the countries listed, to be available at launch. But, no official word on it yet. Was expecting them to mention something atleast.

Also, it seems, they've not even touched the video modes. Looks like it'll be another year of the Pixels as the must-have for photos and the iPhones for video.

Pretty much most of the new camera features won't come to the previous phones because of the new neural chip it uses. Even the new recorder app (although it works on my P2XL) does not have the live transcribe feature. Apparently, that as well as the next generation Google Assistant, both use the neural chip. ?

Oh well, the wait for the Pixel 5 leaks begin.

Yep. Just came to post this. Official statement by Google India:

“Google has a wide range of products that we make available in different regions around the world. We determine availability based on a variety of factors, including local trends, and product features. We decided not to make Pixel 4 available in India. We remain committed to our current Pixel phones and look forward to bringing future Pixel devices to India.”

So that's the reason why India wasn't mentioned as one of the supported countries for Motion Sense (in the leaked reports). Google decided to skip the Indian region due to poor sales, obviously.

Hopefully, the Pixel 5 makes it here.

19 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Yep. Just came to post this. Official statement by Google India:

“Google has a wide range of products that we make available in different regions around the world. We determine availability based on a variety of factors, including local trends, and product features. We decided not to make Pixel 4 available in India. We remain committed to our current Pixel phones and look forward to bringing future Pixel devices to India.”

So that's the reason why India wasn't mentioned as one of the supported countries for Motion Sense (in the leaked reports). Google decided to skip the Indian region due to poor sales, obviously.

Hopefully, the Pixel 5 makes it here.

In reports it's being mentioned that Soli radar didn't get the approval because 60Ghz frequency is not allowed for unlicensed use by civilians in India. Only military use allowed.

You can get 2k off on your purchase of OnePlus 7t series or 7 Pro with OnePlus Referral program .

If anyone is looking to buy it but missed it during the sale can use this offer . 

I am not sure whether you can combine this discount voucher with HDFC  card going on now . Will need to check that. 

Process how to redeem the referral benefit. 

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/limitless-referrals-with-oneplus-care.1121199/

Here's my referral link 

https://www.oneplus.in/invite#UpFKzFCYA4zNdAmpjTtmD

Edited by Krazyniks

Finalising a mobile for my mum.

Budget - 15k

Requirements - Great call quality, Good cam, Good battery & loud speaker sound.

Short listed below handsets.

Nokia 8.1
Redmi note 7 pro
Mi A3
Vivo Z1 Pro
Realme 5 pro

Which amongst the above would be a good purchase? Any other suggestions?

Thank You [emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, niks_flashbullet said:

Finalising a mobile for my mum.

Budget - 15k

Requirements - Great call quality, Good cam, Good battery & loud speaker sound.

Short listed below handsets.

Nokia 8.1
Redmi note 7 pro
Mi A3
Vivo Z1 Pro
Realme 5 pro

Which amongst the above would be a good purchase? Any other suggestions?

Thank You emoji1317.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note 8 pro also comes under that budget.

Check that too

Edited by SRINI87
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...