The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

Is it necessary for a postpaid user to himself go to the idea office to shut down his number ?

It was around 3 years back when I got my postpaid number cancelled . They asked for self attested aadhar card as well .
Don't know status now .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

It was around 3 years back when I got my postpaid number cancelled . They asked for self attested aadhar card as well .
Don't know status now .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

The store was telling a different thing and the customer care is telling a different thing.

Taking the documents there is fine but to be present there for confirmation wouldn't be convenient.

If they don't switch off the number should stop paying the bills.

26 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

The store was telling a different thing and the customer care is telling a different thing.

Taking the documents there is fine but to be present there for confirmation wouldn't be convenient.

And then you will get a legal notice. 

33 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Postpaid is unfortunately such a scam in India. Everything should be easier and cheaper for postpaid when it is the opposite in India.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AtheK said:

And then you will get a legal notice. 

That is a concern.

I have done this once when reliance weren't cutting down the bill amount when I couldn't access their network.

They refused to deduct the charges and I didn't pay the bill for 2-3 months.

Kept getting calls and told I won't pay until the money is deducted and then they did it.

That is a concern.
I have done this once when reliance weren't cutting down the bill amount when I couldn't access their network.

They refused to deduct the charges and I didn't pay the bill for 2-3 months.
Kept getting calls and told I won't pay until the money is deducted and then they did it.
Just visit showroom sometime when you are near the place, wats the big deal.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Just visit showroom sometime when you are near the place, wats the big deal.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The number that needs to be switched off is linked to my father's id.

And going there is not convenient and also when customer care is saying the identity holder need not visit for switching off (but compulsory for converting to prepaid)

I feel that the store employee might be pissed when the reason I told her is that he is too busy to visit (some other reason might have done the job ?)

Also this procedure can only be done when bill cycle is completed (waiting another 10 days and have to pay for it as well when it is not going to used, and who knows missing it will make it having to wait another month)

Edited by GunnerY2J

39 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

The number that needs to be switched off is linked to my father's id.

And going there is not convenient and also when customer care is saying the identity holder need not visit for switching off (but compulsory for converting to prepaid)

I feel that the store employee might be pissed when the reason I told her is that he is too busy to visit (some other reason might have done the job ?)

Also this procedure can only be done when bill cycle is completed (waiting another 10 days and have to pay for it as well when it is not going to used, and who knows missing it will make it having to wait another month)

Yes right I got my number converted to prepaid so for that yes I am sure - ID holder visit is necessary as they have to do KYC .

Also I faced the same problem as well - Procedure can be done only when bill cycle is complete.  

Perhaps you can try another store if you don't need the old number and you wouldn't need to take your father along . 

But if you want to convert it to prepaid then yes you will have to take your father along around the end of bill cycle . 

44 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Yes right I got my number converted to prepaid so for that yes I am sure - ID holder visit is necessary as they have to do KYC .

Also I faced the same problem as well - Procedure can be done only when bill cycle is complete.  

Perhaps you can try another store if you don't need the old number and you wouldn't need to take your father along . 

But if you want to convert it to prepaid then yes you will have to take your father along around the end of bill cycle . 

Yes,that's the reason now I want to switch off the number instead of porting to idea prepaid.

Another thing that can be done is portability to a different network, this thing is so strange that you can port to any other operator with the new person's id proof (no prior documents or anything required)

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, need recommendations for a sub 15k phone for mom

Has to have good battery life, a big screen and headphone jack.

confused between the Samsung M30s, and Nokia phones. There's also a mi note 8, but I don't really know how secure the platform is or how the quality is on the phone from this manufacturer

Edited by Snake

27 minutes ago, Snake said:

Guys, need recommendations for a sub 15k phone for mom

confused between the Samsung M30s, and Nokia phones. There's also a mi note 8, but I don't really know how secure the platform is or how the quality is on the phone from this manufacturer

Gi for redmi note 8 pro, It is a very good phone. 

Edited by AtheK

On 12/6/2019 at 3:26 PM, AtheK said:

Gi for redmi note 8 pro, It is a very good phone. 

Is there a difference between the 4GB and the 6GB version.

Is there a difference between the 4GB and the 6GB version.
Except ram, nothing. Go for the higher version, as your mom would usually hold on to phone for longer, so will be helpful for a longer run. But if I am right pro only has 6 and 8 gb versions.

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

On 6 December 2019 at 2:59 PM, Snake said:

Redmi Note 8 pro is a good option! It's available for 16k (6gb, 128gb) on Amazon.

Nokia 8.1 is a good alternate too available at 16k (4gb, 64gb) , if you plan on getting this replace the charging Cable in the box with Mi 2 in 1 usb cable as the one provided in the box starts giving issues in a couple of months.

Did anyone find a typeC to 3.5m converter from their samsung typeC based smartphone, last i tried was a One Plus converter but it was only for one plus devices and did not work for my note10+. I saw only Rs.100 chinese ones in market and don't want to risk my typeC port going kaput with that stuff.

I need this converter as i am not able to plug in my 3.5mm headset to my phone, samsung do not have one on their indian website but they do make it as i checked on their american website. So can anyone help with a solid working good quality solution ?

38 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Did anyone find a typeC to 3.5m converter from their samsung typeC based smartphone, last i tried was a One Plus converter but it was only for one plus devices and did not work for my note10+. I saw only Rs.100 chinese ones in market and don't want to risk my typeC port going kaput with that stuff.

I need this converter as i am not able to plug in my 3.5mm headset to my phone, samsung do not have one on their indian website but they do make it as i checked on their american website. So can anyone help with a solid working good quality solution ?

The Google one is your best bet.

3 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Official online seller or source, there are some fake ones out there with replica packing etc

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

http://dl.flipkart.com/dl/google-pixel-usb-type-c-3-5-mm-adaptor-0-1-m-headphone-adapter/p/itmfaesfkwyumged?pid=ACCFAESCMRHGQYGY&cmpid=product.share.pp