The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

Guys, does anyone know of a reputed Mobile Repair Shop in Delhi which does repair for Google phones and uses original parts? Seals the phone back up properly?

The USB C port of my Pixel 2 XL got damaged, doesn't always charge and shuts the phone down. I don't wanna send it to B2X because they will take 10-15 days and in my experience will try to charge me for either a motherboard replacement or a back glass because that's just their whim. Please help, it's urgent.

21 hours ago, blitzkreiig said:

I bought one for Mom last week, it's been great...she likes it.

For earphones you can buy the adapter directly from their Oneplus site or use wireless ones.

she's not to keen on wireless buds, so will have to get the adaptor.

Planning to buy a phone in a month or so. Budget is 40k.

Have my eyes set on Asus rog phone 2 8gb/128 version, anyone with a review who has used or owns the phone? Watched some reviews where cam on the phone was bashed. [emoji848]

Suggestions for other phones in this budget would be highly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No rog phone 2 owners here? [emoji848]

No rog phone 2 owners here? [emoji848]

ROG owner here, what do you want to know?

The camera with Google camera is decent, definitely not great but manageable. Stock camera is definitely Meh.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

• Like 1

ROG owner here, what do you want to know?

The camera with Google camera is decent, definitely not great but manageable. Stock camera is definitely Meh.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Wanted to know exactly what you told about gcam. Any performance issues with the phone?

14 minutes ago, niks_flashbullet said:

Wanted to know exactly what you told about gcam. Any performance issues with the phone?

Gcam is used by a lot of people because that app has a different algorithm to render your pics compared to stock cam. It sometimes gives you a better pic compared to your phones stock cam. It doesn't require root and is available for most phones. https://www.xda-developers.com/google-camera-port-hub/

• Like 1

I think Eddie gave a very good explanation of what gcam is. It's a app specific for your phone which really improves your image processing.

As for the phone itself, it's the fastest phone available in the market right now and it's honestly way too fast. Like it can type things before you can think of what to type fast. And butter smooth. Great screen and good speakers and amazing battery, like charge once and forget kind.

Coming to the cons the biggest is the weight. It's more heavy than a brick. You think you will get used to it and you do a bit but it's still extremely and I repeat extremely heavy. Please do consider this before buying.

Any other specific thing that you want to ask then go ahead

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

I think Eddie gave a very good explanation of what gcam is. It's a app specific for your phone which really improves your image processing.

As for the phone itself, it's the fastest phone available in the market right now and it's honestly way too fast. Like it can type things before you can think of what to type fast. And butter smooth. Great screen and good speakers and amazing battery, like charge once and forget kind.

Coming to the cons the biggest is the weight. It's more heavy than a brick. You think you will get used to it and you do a bit but it's still extremely and I repeat extremely heavy. Please do consider this before buying.

Maybe I put it in the wrong way. When I said I wanted to know exactly what you told I meant I wanted a review of gcam, I know what it is [emoji16] Thanks for the gcam review.

Yeah heard it’s quite heavy, moving from IPhone SE would take some time to adjust but the specs that it has I don’t want to miss out on this one. Thanks for the review & all the info bro.

Maybe I put it in the wrong way. When I said I wanted to know exactly what you told I meant I wanted a review of gcam, I know what it is [emoji16] Thanks for the gcam review.

Yeah heard it’s quite heavy, moving from IPhone SE would take some time to adjust but the specs that it has I don’t want to miss out on this one. Thanks for the review & all the info bro.

Looks like the Galaxy S9 is gonna end up at 23k ish this sale. Is it a viable phone even if its 2 years old now? I was looking at the Oneplus 7T as well but that is almost 12k more.

Only two things that are important are Camera and display. 

4 hours ago, ayush12ice said:

Why not go for the USB-C earphones... would be easier for her...

What's a good USBC earphones for a daily driver?

Looks like the Galaxy S9 is gonna end up at 23k ish this sale. Is it a viable phone even if its 2 years old now? I was looking at the Oneplus 7T as well but that is almost 12k more.

I take it you won’t be considering asus 6z due to it’s lcd display?
It’s got a great camera, proc, battery, all around a good phone.

6 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Except that it is ageing, it's got a very good Camera and screen, so both your requirements are fulfilled. 

8 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

Except that it is ageing, it's got a very good Camera and screen, so both your requirements are fulfilled. 

Doesn't S9 have horrible battery backup?

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

Doesn't S9 have horrible battery backup?

Very mediocre, yes. Though the screen and camera triumphs anything that a mid ranger throws at you today. 

27 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

No point in getting it now. Samsung phones don't age well and it might not even get the next version of Android. It only has a 3,000mAh battery.

It will get Android 10 and that will be it as that will be third upgrade for it. 

OnePlus falls in the category of most Value For Money phones. People with 40k budget shouldn't think twice before buying a OnePlus phones. You are missing on Camera and that's it. and I guess that's ok considering the fact that you are not shelling out the premium price of 55k+. I recently got a OnePlus 7 (non pro) and can't believe how under the radar it went. It's not on sale anymore and wasn't available for sale in USA so not much sales. The only drawback is haptic vibration which is as pathetic as the previous OP phones. Battery is amazing, display is AMOLED, updates are prompt, fast charge is superb and Camera is decent enough to solve the purpose. I have stopped carrying a Camera. Click pictures all day and you still won't need a power bank on a trip. Previous phone was OnePlus 3T which lasted 2.5 years for me. Only sold it coz battery went weak and got 9k value for it while selling. It was launched with Android M and got Android P before the OS updates stopped. 

^^I heard that too but honestly I dont think that is gonna be a problem since I am around potential charging points like all day long. Plus fast charge means a short top up should see me through basic usage if needed. 

12 hours ago, niks_flashbullet said:

I take it you won’t be considering asus 6z due to it’s lcd display?
It’s got a great camera, proc, battery, all around a good phone.

Nope. Need an excellent OLED screen since 90% of the usage of the phone is to watch content. 

@AtheK Yeah that is my line of thought as well. And the 3.5mm jack is a nice addition too.