The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

I guess this will go here, i need a tripod that i can use to shoot at a small height like at a horizontal table angle or a 45 degree angel where i will mount the phone and make it look down a bit to shoot. Like on a bed to do some unboxings. Which tripod should i look for.

My primary shooters are my note 10+ and my note 5. And thus i need a phone mount as well.

The monfretto pixi mini has caught my eye but i have no experience with tripods so can you guys help out.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

On 1/16/2020 at 3:00 AM, ayush12ice said:

Mom vetoed the plan for the one plus 7T.

Decided to buy a Samsung M30s

10 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

Does Galaxy S9 have a better screen than K20/K20 Pro? I think the specs are more future proof on K20 but I don't like MIUI and the bloatware on these phones.

I picked up the Galaxy S9 plus. It is easily the best screen I have seen in a phone, like ever. Forget the K20, I  put it side by side to an iPhone 11, Oneplus 7T and its still noticeably better. 

10 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

Does Galaxy S9 have a better screen than K20/K20 Pro? I think the specs are more future proof on K20 but I don't like MIUI and the bloatware on these phones.

K20 and S9 use both use super amoled. S9 is last gen phone. Go for K20 pro or One plus 7 series. The latest miui11 is blazing fast and has some really useful features built in.

On 1/20/2020 at 1:58 PM, cyberpunk said:

Even though K20(pro) uses an AMOLED display, its not as good as the ones in samsung phones. Heck even Vivo v15 pro's display is brighter than the K20's display.
I used to own a Galaxy S7 and upgraded to K20 now. I have seen both displays side by side and samsung one is far better. Colors are more vibrant and you get a lot brighter screen.

So the S9's display should be even better if not same as S7.

The only problem though I have faced with Samsung screens are the burn in, the keyboard specially. It's a characteristic of OLED screen though, Let's see how one plus screen holds up. 

I must say though that one plus screen is also brilliant. I definitely find it on par with S9+ screen of not better. 

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

The only problem though I have faced with Samsung screens are the burn in, the keyboard specially. It's a characteristic of OLED screen though, Let's see how one plus screen holds up. 

I must say though that one plus screen is also brilliant. I definitely find it on par with S9+ screen of not better. 

agreed. Unfortunate for me though I got a bad screen on my OP7 arrival.  Didn't bother returning because it was only visible at night. Now I regret it. Planning it to RMA just before warranty ends. 

OK phone enthusiasts. I don't really follow the best phones etc, since I cannot spend more than 10k on a phone myself.

Anyway sis wants to get a new phone. Soft budget 30K, hard budget 40k. Main requirement swag, though a good camera and battery will be much appreciated. Please keep in mind, tech specs etc are of no value to her, as long as there's  minimal lag its fine.

Thanks in advance good folks.

OK phone enthusiasts. I don't really follow the best phones etc, since I cannot spend more than 10k on a phone myself.

Anyway sis wants to get a new phone. Soft budget 30K, hard budget 40k. Main requirement swag, though a good camera and battery will be much appreciated. Please keep in mind, tech specs etc are of no value to her, as long as there's  minimal lag its fine.

I got my mum & sis Redmi note 8 (10k), pretty good for it’s price.

As for 30k budget have a look at Asus 6z, 5000 mah battery, amazing camera, great performance (SD 855 proc), If LCD screen is not an issue go for it.

Another option in this range would be OnePlus 7t (34k). Decent cam, beautiful screen (90hz), battery is 3700 mah but supports warp charging.

Heard good things about redmi k20 pro but never used it so can’t comment about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Walker said:

Forgot to mention no headphone jack in the one plus 7t, a deal breaker for some.

One plus 7t, Samsung Note 10 lite and S 10 lite. All under 40k range. Pick any among these.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm thinking of changing from iPhone 7 to the Note 10 Lite, mainly for the S pen. My query is how is the stylus/pen in actual use? Is it comfortable for taking notes, making lists etc? Is the handwriting recognition good? Also will the Exynos 9810 being 2 yrs old slow down the phone.