The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

At this price, how are you going to get an iphone? Similar iphone is priced at over 70k.

Iphone Xr, X, Xs, 11 regularly go around that price, check it up if you don't believe me.

Also, Samsung phones have always been better than iphones in terms if hardware. As far as software supportbis concerned, they privide the updates for 2-3 years, which is more than enough. 

Agreed on the hardware part not in tune software, given the 1000$+ price there really is no excuse for just 2-3 years of updates.

One plus 8 pro is excellently priced in India, no matter how you slice it,unlikes iphones, whose prices are ridiculous in India compared to US prices. 

Relatively well priced is the word, in absolute terms the price is crazy no matter how you slice it.
Agreed on the iphone price bring high, was expecting SE 2 to be much better priced.

Also, you experience regarding reliability is not universal. I have seen two cases where my friends spent 80-90k at launch on iphone X and bith the phones had their motherboards fried in 13th month for no reason whatsoever. My brother is using One Plus 6 abd he hasn't faced a single issue in 2 years. There is absolutely no reason for One Plus 8 pro to not charge the price it is charging considering how every single aspect is at par with flagships, unlike before. Go for One Plus 8 or 7t if you want a relatively budget price point. 

Google the issues I have mentioned, those issues were pretty universal not a one off case.

My reply in the quoted part

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Neither of those iphones are anyway close to being as good as One Plus 8 pro. Just because it is an iphone, doesn't make it better. Only iphone that is comparable to 8 pro is 11 max (or whatever the exact name is) and i don't even need to mention its price. 

And you can google iphones and macbook's motherboard conking off in the 13th and 14th month and you would find lots of cases. 

Majority of people don't really use the same phone for more than 3 years. So, while it may be important for you and i can understand that, it is definitely an overrated concern in larger context, especially considering how Apple ends up spowing older phones with updates. Heck, they have even been sued for that in the court. 

Edited by Sach4life

If Apple can charge such high prices for a phone, then I don't see any reason why other brands can't keep the prices high.

Also, it's been quite some time that OnePlus have NOT used the "flagship-killer" monicker. So, they're not a budget phone anymore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VelivolusDas said:

If Apple can charge such high prices for a phone, then I don't see any reason why other brands can't keep the prices high.

Also, it's been quite some time that OnePlus have NOT used the "flagship-killer" monicker. So, they're not a budget phone anymore.

Exactly

In any case they will launch One plus Z by june which will cost around 400-450$. That can be a good buy as well for people who want a mid ranger. Personally I would have taken the 8 pro but with slowing economy and corono fears I may get the 7T or simply wait for 8T which I expect to come by August-Sep.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Neither of those iphones are anyway close to being as good as One Plus 8 pro. Just because it is an iphone, doesn't make it better. Only iphone that is comparable to 8 pro is 11 max (or whatever the exact name is) and i don't even need to mention its price. 

And you can google iphones and macbook's motherboard conking off in the 13th and 14th month and you would find lots of cases. 

Majority of people don't really use the same phone for more than 3 years. So, while it may be important for you and i can understand that, it is definitely an overrated concern in larger context, especially considering how Apple ends up spowing older phones with updates. Heck, they have even been sued for that in the court. 

I thought i will reply to this but given the hyper aggressive nature of the post you would just rebute it anyways.
You win the argument my friend let me bow out of this before it gets more heated. Hope you have a great day.

28 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

I thought i will reply to this but given the hyper aggressive nature of the post you would just rebute it anyways.
You win the argument my friend let me bow out of this before it gets more heated. Hope you have a great day.

I am sorry if it appeared like that. That wasn't my intention. My apologies..

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

the iphone's you mention might come close to the one plus 8 pro phone price, but they are not close to the performance of the one plus 8 in any way.

1. Quad HD display, being rated as one of the best and verified by the reviewers.

2. 120 HZ display

3. Great Processor with 5G support (5G support Though hardly makes sense in india for now)

4. Better cameras by a long shot

5. Wireless charging

6. IP68 Rating

7. More base Memory, none of your phone will be remotely close to the 256 GB + 12 GB ram at 60K. The iphones you talk about at this price range are 64 GB, with around 50-52 GB usable. Big Big Big Drawback.

The only advantage i see is that you will get software updates for 4 years, and in this case at best 3 years, though to be conservative let's say two more years, so you will still rock Android 12 with this. How many usually keep phone for more then 3 years anyway.

The brand value of iphone is not the same anymore, maybe in kids in college.

At this price the one plus is actually a no brainer.

Edited by AtheK
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

The Snapdragon 865 is a costly processor for brands, could be the reason for more price bumps. I wish OnePlus had gone with pop up cameras and full screen with no notch design.

Usually their 't' version models are better than the base version. So I assume that these features will come in oneplus 8t.

The Snapdragon 865 is a costly processor for brands, could be the reason for more price bumps. I wish OnePlus had gone with pop up cameras and full screen with no notch design.
As per One plus, to achieve IP68 they had to move away from pop up camera. Although most of us would have liked the notchless display.

On 4/20/2020 at 1:47 PM, AtheK said:

The brand value of iphone is not the same anymore, maybe in kids in college.

That's bang on !!! Finished my college last year and can totally relate to it!!

Iphone gets the galzz :D

On the sidenote I have been using oneplus5 from last 3 years now and last week only the fingerprint sensor gave up. Apart from it rest the phone is still rocking and gets the job done for my daily usage. But since op8 release thinking of ugrading to op 7t ( Don't know if I should go for pro version or not). Only reason I am sticking with oneplus is the Oxygen OS and root.

When do you think would be the right time to purchase 7t/pro?

That's bang on !!! Finished my college last year and can totally relate to it!!
Iphone gets the galzz [emoji3]

On the sidenote I have been using oneplus5 from last 3 years now and last week only the fingerprint sensor gave up. Apart from it rest the phone is still rocking and gets the job done for my daily usage. But since op8 release thinking of ugrading to op 7t ( Don't know if I should go for pro version or not). Only reason I am sticking with oneplus is the Oxygen OS and root.

When do you think would be the right time to purchase 7t/pro?
My suggestion keep aside the money for 7t pro, start adding 1k each month to it, and in 6 months get the 8t pro or 8 pro

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

My suggestion keep aside the money for 7t pro, start adding 1k each month to it, and in 6 months get the 8t pro or 8 pro

That's exactly my plan. Plus 2 big expenditures have turned up out of nowhere in May so have to put mobile upgrade plan on hold.

That's exactly my plan. Plus 2 big expenditures have turned up out of nowhere in May so have to put mobile upgrade plan on hold.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Mi 10 launched for 50k. I think Xiaomi has made a big mistake. With One plus 8 at 42k and 8 pro at 55k there will be hardly any takers for Mi 10.

surprising pricing, probably they are banking on the 108  mp camera to be the difference, samsung ultra uses the same camera module.

There is a 3k cash back on HDFC card, and i think a free wireless charger, so effective price will be close to One plus, but then that is only at launch. 44,999 would have been a good starting price.

surprising pricing, probably they are banking on the 108  mp camera to be the difference, samsung ultra uses the same camera module.

There is a 3k cash back on HDFC card, and i think a free wireless charger, so effective price will be close to One plus, but then that is only at launch. 44,999 would have been a good starting price.
One plus has better brand recognition and OS. Mi 10 gives wireless charging over ir but hardly anyone uses it here. Xiaomi has oversold themselves this time.

One plus has better brand recognition and OS. Mi 10 gives wireless charging over ir but hardly anyone uses it here. Xiaomi has oversold themselves this time.