The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

1 hour ago, harsh1387 said:
One plus has better brand recognition and OS. Mi 10 gives wireless charging over ir but hardly anyone uses it here. Xiaomi has oversold themselves this time.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Wireless is a Superhit, one thing i miss moving to 7t pro from S9+, I had a wireless charger at home, office and car, super convenient. I might switch to one plus 8t pro mclaren edition later in the year.

But yes xiaomi has oversold themselves, hell everyone has been overselling them selves off late :doh:

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

Edited by AtheK

I would not spend 50k on Xiaomi, no f**king way. If I need to spend that much money on a mobile, wtf will I not go for a Samsung or even one plus? ( even though I do feel 35k+ for one plus is also punching above its weight)

Xiaomi will always be associated with a budget phone, atleast thats how its positioned in India.

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

I didn't know where to put it. So putting in here.

If people buy this apple product, then I can guarantee the world will end before 2020 ends!!!! WTF did I even just watch!??!!

Linus had a really good video on this. His argument is Apple dont make this to sell and make profits, they know most people (even Apple crowd) wont buy them. Its just there to get them press. Its cheap to make (as in R&D costs are very low) and it does what it is supposed to. What it is supposed to is to make people talk about Apple.  

It more than pays for itself simply by the volume of press and clicks and youtube videos and reddit posts etc it generates. 

Linus had a really good video on this. His argument is Apple dont make this to sell and make profits, they know most people (even Apple crowd) wont buy them. Its just there to get them press. Its cheap to make (as in R&D costs are very low) and it does what it is supposed to. What it is supposed to is to make people talk about Apple.  

It more than pays for itself simply by the volume of press and clicks and youtube videos and reddit posts etc it generates. 
Marques said the same thing. I think they are right. It is the only logical explanation I could think of and I believe they are so far quite successful in that!

8 minutes ago, kaka_messi said:

Guys which one is better when it comes to camera; one plus 8 pro or iphone 11? 

User- sister (not a gamer but loves to take pics + social media stuff and hate hanging/lag kinda bs)

I haven't used any but in camera reviews one plus 8 is being compared to iPhone 11 and one plus 8 pro is being compared to iPhone 11 pro, and it has pretty much traded blows. 

If she is not tied to ios ecosystem I will advise one pus 8 pro purely on videos seen on the net for camera. Otherwise stand alone also one plus 8 pro seems like a brilliant phone. 

• Thanks 1

User- sister (not a gamer but loves to take pics + social media stuff and hate hanging/lag kinda bs)
Check some you tube comparisons. Something like this.

Check some you tube comparisons. Something like this.

4 hours ago, kaka_messi said:

The iPhone will easily be better if the primary focuses are social media + camera. It might lack a zoom camera but it generally has better photos than the oneplus (in terms of reliability and repeatability) and it being smaller might help.

Apart from that, all social media apps are much better on iOS and the difference is not even close, especially on apps like Snapchat and Instagram.  

Even i shifted my mother from a oneplus to an iphone a few years ago and she has been much happier.

Watch this video guys. Apparently, One Plus 8 pro can see through objects and it even sees through
a particular color of clothing! He explains it happened before and they had to take down camera system.

Although, I know there will be a controversy with this. But I think this is a dope tech. Maybe just remove a bit with clothing specifically to not get into trouble, but they should keep with other aspects like see the IR rays of devices! That last part was crazy!

Watch this video guys. Apparently, One Plus 8 pro can see through objects and it even sees through
a particular color of clothing! He explains it happened before and they had to take down camera system.

Although, I know there will be a controversy with this. But I think this is a dope tech. Maybe just remove a bit with clothing specifically to not get into trouble, but they should keep with other aspects like see the IR rays of devices! That last part was crazy!

9 hours ago, dante77 said:

No need to remove the clothing part ?

• Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 6:33 PM, kaka_messi said:

at half the price, One plus 8 pro all the  way..

https://www.phonearena.com/news/oneplus-8-pro-vs-iphone-11-pro-camera-video-picture-quality-test_id124641

Vieo iphone has better, but in camera department rated the same, i would say One plus has come a long long way, so tempted to upgrade from my mclaren edition.

I am thinking of gifting my GF an iphone. I don't have much idea about it since I have been android user all my life. I have 2 questions 

1) I am thinking of buying Iphone SE 2020. Flipkart shows that 128GB will be priced at around 47.5k.  Is this a good choice ?

2) I think she never had an Iphone before. Is switch from android to Iphone  an easy and smooth transition ?

10 hours ago, Abdulah said:

I am thinking of gifting my GF an iphone. I don't have much idea about it since I have been android user all my life. I have 2 questions 

1) I am thinking of buying Iphone SE 2020. Flipkart shows that 128GB will be priced at around 47.5k.  Is this a good choice ?

2) I think she never had an Iphone before. Is switch from android to Iphone  an easy and smooth transition ?

1, For an iphone yes, for a phone No. Its basically 2 year old phone with this year processor. It's stilla  decent choice as younger lot still has an inspirational value for iPhone, but remember it is the cheapest iphone and will always be looked as same :P, and battery is pretty much garbage, as per all reviews.

2. Will take sometime, she will appericate the fluidness and some apps are definitely better on iOS then Android. No customization and lot of limitation the way files are transferred and consumed, so a bit of pain that way.

All in all it's still a good phone but i don't see myself or letting anyone near my circle buy it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Abdulah said:

Lucky GF :fear1:

Hey its me your GF, send over the iphone ASAP.

On a serious note the India price of se is horrible, I would say don't go for it. Get the xr, xs or the 11. That tiny 720p screen is not fun in 2020 for the price it's going on India for.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1