The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

58 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Is it dumb to buy a non-5G phone these days? When will we be getting 5G?

I'm thinking of buying the 7T for myself. 

There is no reason to buy a 5g phone right now, how things are don't think India is getting 5g for next couple of years, and with destruction corona is causing, government should be least bothered anyway and focus on other important things. 

There is no reason to buy a 5g phone right now, how things are don't think India is getting 5g for next couple of years, and with destruction corona is causing, government should be least bothered anyway and focus on other important things. 
Exactly, 5G Is just hype train right now with 0 practical use. Given how slow government approvals are its going to take bare minimum of 4-5 years to even see 5G in big cities like Delhi, Mumbai etc.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Exactly, 5G Is just hype train right now with 0 practical use. Given how slow government approvals are its going to take bare minimum of 4-5 years to even see 5G in big cities like Delhi, Mumbai etc.

So not sure where to ask this so asking here. Is there any website that has review for mobile games? To games list? I am looking to play some premium games with absolutely no iap on my ipad but not sure which games are good. The top selling list of games on app store is absolutely garbage like on the play store.

So not sure where to ask this so asking here. Is there any website that has review for mobile games? To games list? I am looking to play some premium games with absolutely no iap on my ipad but not sure which games are good. The top selling list of games on app store is absolutely garbage like on the play store.

8 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

Toucharcade, Pocketgamer

8 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

Just youtube search Best 2020 games on iOS or something. That way you can see the game in the background of the video usually, and know if you wanna play that game.

I don't really play games on my phone, I like the iPad for that as well - Asphalt 8 and Plants vs Zombies 2. They're a bit old now, but thats all I play. 

Does anybody have an idea when there's gonna be an Amazon sale? 

Also, if I buy an iPhone from a retail store, is anybody aware of any discounts with HDFC, or some student offers or something? I feel like I've seen them before, but not sure.

I plan to buy an iPhone 11. (Budget is 60K)

Edited by Chirag2001

Toucharcade, Pocketgamer
Thank you so much for this, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Just youtube search Best 2020 games on iOS or something. That way you can see the game in the background of the video usually, and know if you wanna play that game.

I don't really play games on my phone, I like the iPad for that as well - Asphalt 8 and Plants vs Zombies 2. They're a bit old now, but thats all I play. 
Yes will do that. I recently saw an ad of the apple arcade program on the app store and the games genuinely looked really good. Like the high quality mobile games that you want to play without any iap. So it got me curious to check out which good games are there to play. The only problem with arcade is that it's subscription based and I like to take my time through games and not rush it.

Its surprising that Apple took this long to get into the gaming scene. Given their hardware and reach & zillion $$ they can actually challenge Nintendo in the handheld market but they never seem to do so.

Toucharcade, Pocketgamer
Thank you so much for this, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Yes will do that. I recently saw an ad of the apple arcade program on the app store and the games genuinely looked really good. Like the high quality mobile games that you want to play without any iap. So it got me curious to check out which good games are there to play. The only problem with arcade is that it's subscription based and I like to take my time through games and not rush it.

Its surprising that Apple took this long to get into the gaming scene. Given their hardware and reach & zillion $$ they can actually challenge Nintendo in the handheld market but they never seem to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

ummm...so, which player should i install to watch hdr10+ content?  since youtube app doesn't go past 480, what is the alternative? have grabbed some hdr10 movies, so want to transfer them to the handset and watch the juice flow

handset: 1+ 7T PRO

On 6/6/2020 at 11:14 PM, Pushy said:

ummm...so, which player should i install to watch hdr10+ content?  since youtube app doesn't go past 480, what is the alternative? have grabbed some hdr10 movies, so want to transfer them to the handset and watch the juice flow

handset: 1+ 7T PRO

VLC? MX Player?

I got this on my note 5. The screen is not registering any touch. Is the displa yr dead. I can't hold the power button for long to switch off or restart. I tried holding down volume down, home key and power button but it takes me to a screen where the only options i get are restart phone or flash firmware. I tried 3-4 restarts but the display is like this only.

https://i.ibb.co/1TsfVjf/20200610-120645.jpg

I have had this phone heavily used in it's nearing 4yr period. The bubble like things at the bottom near home key are those the result of the battery leaking ?

Can i connect it to take data backup on pc or will it be risky ?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk