The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

While i would love to switch to an Android phone, the one thing holding me back is the lack of support for exchange server. I read somewhere that you could sync mail, but not the calendar, and without complete support for exchange server i couldnt think of shifting from my iphone to android.

I did read that the milestone supports calendar syncing with exchange though. How good is it?

That is one advantage with moto android phones that they sync calendar as well as can look up GAL. HTC phones can sync calendar i think but not lookup GAL. Nexus one cannot do either, just sync exchange mail.

You can buy an app "touchdown" though which supports all of this. The app is great but what I dont like about it is :

1. I have to pay for it, would have liked to have this functionality in the phone itself :unsure:

2. The app doesn't use your normal calendar for notifications but its own. So its difficult (impossible) to setup profiles based on its calendar.

Edit: BTW, if you put the desire rom on nexus, then you can use the HTC calendar syncing as well for free..

Edited by Shantz

Well I need to buy a new phone soon.

Need the following:

Bluetooth/Wifi/3G capable

Capacitive Touchscreen that isn't sluggish

Multitasking enabled

Preferably Android

3.5mm Jack

A good amount of memory(on board or expandable)

Preferably a proper slide out qwerty keyboard

Decent camera

Decent battery life

I have no idea. Please help me out. Thanks :unsure:

Also, how is the Motorola Droid?

Well I need to buy a new phone soon.

Need the following:

Bluetooth/Wifi/3G capable

Capacitive Touchscreen that isn't sluggish

Multitasking enabled

Preferably Android

3.5mm Jack

A good amount of memory(on board or expandable)

Preferably a proper slide out qwerty keyboard

Decent camera

Decent battery life

I have no idea. Please help me out. Thanks :unsure:

Also, how is the Motorola Droid?

whats yur budget??

30K. Can be stretched but I'd rather not. Will be getting it from the middle east so keep that in mind.

droid is a really good option... and there are many android phones which suits most of yur requirements, but for qwerty keyboard... Samsung Moment, HTC lancaster and Xperia X10 were a couple of phones that stuck my eye.. but before picking up any phone, check the video reviews to get the basic picture about any phone... if qwerty is not yur primary requirement, then there are many phones that can appeal to yu... check out HTC hero or nexus 1!

droid is a really good option... and there are many android phones which suits most of yur requirements, but for qwerty keyboard... Samsung Moment, HTC lancaster and Xperia X10 were a couple of phones that stuck my eye.. but before picking up any phone, check the video reviews to get the basic picture about any phone... if qwerty is not yur primary requirement, then there are many phones that can appeal to yu... check out HTC hero or nexus 1!

Droid has been launched in India no? Whats the retail price?

Guys, Droid is only sold in USA, rest of the world its known as Milestone.

Anyways, Milestone fits your bill perfectly.

DAMN, I just saw Swype's video, Thats INSANE!

Edited by Superfrag

isnt swype available for android 2.1?? i heard its being used by a samsung galaxy spica user... :majesty:

It is available. .Were you all sleeping when I mentioned it multiple times over past multiple pages :P :P

I am using it on nexus one. The thing is though that it is officially available through a beta only, which is now closed, so those who entered while they could (including me) got it.

BUT, not to lose heart, many of us who downloaded it have shared the apks all over the internet, so its just a matter of google search (or head straight to xda-devs) and you can download and install it..