The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

1 minute ago, adity said:

Samsung does have some micro stuttering. I have s10e and its definitely not as smooth as oneplus. I won't say it lags but still. 

Maybe in particular handsets, I have been using Samsung handsets for 6 years now without issue. The older handset was used for 3 years without any stuttering or lag, same with this one.

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Not sure which high end apps you guys use that the UI and phone becomes laggy in Samsung, I'm using a 3 year old J7 prime and its still smooth AF. And I use my phone a lot for banking, browsing, etc.

Personally would not buy chinese brands, not because of nationalism or anti chinese sentiments, but simply because I dont trust these brands with sensitive banking and mail information. If they pull any crap on data, they are completely protected by the chinese govt.

In fact, these chinese brands have too much bloatware. MIUI has so much MI bullshit, and that UI is just not usable for me.

I own a Mi handset, but it is an Android One device. Either way not buying Chinese next time.

Edited by Chirag2001

https://www.flipkart.com/motorola-one-fusion-twilight-blue-128-gb/p/itm9c0e4b9b56acd

This could be a decent one I guess.

18 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Seriously are there good alternatives to Chinese phones?

Samsung = bloated software

Pixel = fugly look, stuck in 2015

iPhone = is an iPhone

I feel personally attacked ;---;

3 hours ago, Cryptic_8 said:

My Mi A1 is buggy af. Don't recommend anyone to buy Mi A series as of now

Used to own the A1. Smashed it completely IN HALF. Yep. 

Now I use an Mi A2, works fine. I don't like MI or MiUI but Im okay with Android One.

I think Nokia makes budget Android One Phones, so thats an option.

Got the S20 4G for around 45k ( dubai:P), was price only 2 grand more than one plus 8. For me its a huge upgrade over my 3 years old S8  and 120hz seems mind blowing . Actually I was waiting for oneplus 8 to launch but with their new pricing can't buy against s20.

Battery life is decent , cameras great and display is amazing overall can't complain with phone . Gone are the days of shitty TouchWiz and one UI is one of the best in business with additional features over stock Android.  Only gripe is exynos , would loved to have SD865 version which is sadly not available and headphone jack ( cant use my moondrop now ) , need to buy fiio btr1k or btr3 asap now .

Did Apple thread die or something? I can't find it. It is not even bumped lol.

So let just start. ios14 launched and waiting for Apple fans to

But Apple did it better. Apple always do better.
It is not about who did it first, it is about doing it better.
Every smartphone copied Apple.

Any more [emoji14]

Did Apple thread die or something? I can't find it. It is not even bumped lol.

So let just start. ios14 launched and waiting for Apple fans to

But Apple did it better. Apple always do better.
It is not about who did it first, it is about doing it better.
Every smartphone copied Apple.

Any more [emoji14]

Are there any good alternative watches for IOS out there apart from Apple watch? and Since 3 is getting discounts these days is it worth it or better to wait for 5 to get some discount later on once the new one comes?

Has anyone here bought an expensive mobile from Samsung corporate site. How was the experience including delivery, any issues resolution, product condition. Are the mobiles directly supplied to customers by Samsung itself or some third party/ intermediary? Thinking of buying s20+ plus from there. 

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Has anyone here bought an expensive mobile from Samsung corporate site. How was the experience including delivery, any issues resolution, product condition. Are the mobiles directly supplied to customers by Samsung itself or some third party/ intermediary? Thinking of buying s20+ plus from there. 

Directly by Samsung, I got my S9+

On 6/25/2020 at 11:28 AM, harjas said:

Are there any good alternative watches for IOS out there apart from Apple watch? and Since 3 is getting discounts these days is it worth it or better to wait for 5 to get some discount later on once the new one comes?

Look for fitbit(versa/versa2) besides apple watch. Their app is pretty good and watches/fitness bands are quite reliable too. 

Iirc Series 5 only has ecg, fall detection and always on display as new features compared to series 3. Plus the screen size a bit bigger. If these features dont matter to u. Go ahead with series 3. Also its like 19k whereas series 5 is around 42k. Its not worth spending additional 23k.

only downside being. New features and watch os might not be compatible with series 3 in future.