The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

Welome dude,

Btw,

For a GSM phone, dual-band usually means 850 / 1900 MHz in the United States and Canada, 900 / 1800 MHz in Europe and most other countries. Tri-band means 850 / 1800 / 1900 MHz or 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz. Quad-band means 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz, also called a world phone, since it can work on any GSM network.

the diff is of 800 n 850 MHz between India and States....so may be thats why that guy might be sounding confusing....

n this might create a problem in India though but now I think all operators work on all the three Frequencies!

In India most of the Operators works on 900 MHz so it wont be a Big problem though here check this link out!

http://www.o2.co.uk/business/corporate/bus...ad/gprsnetworks

It has General Frequencies from around the Globe!

• Like 4

Another nokia fone battery blasts and this time it was sm other battery...

the girls left side of the face got burns..n it happened when she was talking to sm1 on the fone...

nokias gonna loose sm reputatoin on this part...

this is being shown right now on Star NEws!

• Like 1

hi ppl,

i got a free samsung stripe phone from t-mobile. I got the unlock code for it while leaving US. Now to work with Indian operators, can you tell me how to unlock this phone. I already have the unlock code, but dont know how to use that for unlocking. If you know of any links, do post it across, i shall google as well, but if you already know it, pls let me know the instructions.

Thanks very much in advance :)

hi ppl,

i got a free samsung stripe phone from t-mobile. I got the unlock code for it while leaving US. Now to work with Indian operators, can you tell me how to unlock this phone. I already have the unlock code, but dont know how to use that for unlocking. If you know of any links, do post it across, i shall google as well, but if you already know it, pls let me know the instructions.

Thanks very much in advance :)

dude y dont u try the national market???

• 1 month later...

planning on purchasing this phone - HTC S710

http://www.mobile-review.com/pda/review/htc-vox-en.shtml

http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Id=3544

i think it's priced very attractively at ~16k - any pro/con discussions would be appreciated along with your recommendations for a replacement smartphone (windows mobile, same price bracket)

V

How about paying 3k more and getting an HTC Touch ?

btw the processor and ram is too slow on this one which will be a bottleneck imo

Why not to get an HTC S730 ?

Its got a processor @ 400mhz and a 256mb ROM and looks pretty sexy too

http://www.htc.com/product/03-product_s730.htm

Edited by lastAvenger

s730 - is it available?

touch - i prefer a QWERTY keypad!

can you personally vouch whether the phone is sluggish? i've read many conflicting reviews about its performance (speed) - but everyone agrees that it's absolutely ok for general productivity apps.

V

pricing bro - a new product carries a premium. the htc s710 is VERY attractively positioned as of now...

but i appreciate your concern regarding its slow CPU - was using a treo 750 which crapped out (300mhz) vs the 710's 200mhz (plus the additional baggage of WM6).

hmmm...

V

You want Windows Mob?

Go for Imate Ultimate series, its has like 5 cells in options,

all are appealing,

wld be getting 8150 or 6150 soon!

If u dont care about warranty and have flexi budget, go for Iphone or Htc touch 26k for prior one and 20-23k for the latter one!

and Ultimate series should all be below 20k !!

Edited by Chaztin

6150, 7150, 8150 and 5150, Imate Ultimate series ( www.clubimate.com )

dont have Idea about are they launched in India or not,

but yesterday talked to one of the dealers who said it wld be availaable by oct end!

6150 is for 11500 in States ( as chkd on ebay usa )..so i guess it sld be around 13k only in India!