The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

1 minute ago, quixote_1989 said:

Please do post some impressions after 1-2 months of usage as well, if possible. Especially day to day performance (non-games) and battery backup.

Will do. There's a feature called Adaptive Battery which I am not sure is a Pixel only feature or not but it detects your usage and decides which app should be given priority in performance and which app shouldn't be. People say that improves Battery backup but yeah I can only update that after a month or two.

3 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

Will do. There's a feature called Adaptive Battery which I am not sure is a Pixel only feature or not but it detects your usage and decides which app should be given priority in performance and which app shouldn't be. People say that improves Battery backup but yeah I can only update that after a month or two.

Adaptive battery will take some days to kick in as it learns your usage. 

Welcome to the Pixel family. :hug:

• Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 7:15 PM, Snake said:

Doesn't matter who showse up, the bottom line is such return/policy exists only here in India because people exploit the company's ' customers first ' policy.

This is why we can never have good things.

Couldn't agree more with this.

On 10/17/2020 at 7:15 PM, Snake said:

Doesn't matter who showse up, the bottom line is such return/policy exists only here in India because people exploit the company's ' customers first ' policy.

This is why we can never have good things.

This is why REFUND option has vanished from Mobiles section. People used to open boxes and replace them with faulty ones and ask for refund. https://www.businesstoday.in/current/economy-politics/delhi-man-cheats-amazon-166-phones-refund/story/261811.html

12 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

This is why REFUND option has vanished from Mobiles section. People used to open boxes and replace them with faulty ones and ask for refund. https://www.businesstoday.in/current/economy-politics/delhi-man-cheats-amazon-166-phones-refund/story/261811.html

:doh: Some people spoil it for everyone. I'm myself from Delhi but sad to say somehow all this happens mostly in Delhi only.

Conning a fellow individual is considered worth bragging. The ethics of the people our country has to be at a global low. 

Edited by blitzkreiig

16 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

The police seized 19 mobile phones, 12 lakh in cash, 40 bank passbooks and cheques from Chopra's home. He had also kept Rs 10 lakh with someone for safekeeping.

The report on Hindustan Times mentions that even after creating so many profiles, Chopra's biggest flaw was that he did not create a new name each time. Although he was using a fake name, Shubham, it didn't take authorities long to figure out that it sounded very similar to his real name.

He had 40 bank accounts? Holy sh*t. 

5 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

The police seized 19 mobile phones, 12 lakh in cash, 40 bank passbooks and cheques from Chopra's home. He had also kept Rs 10 lakh with someone for safekeeping.

The report on Hindustan Times mentions that even after creating so many profiles, Chopra's biggest flaw was that he did not create a new name each time. Although he was using a fake name, Shubham, it didn't take authorities long to figure out that it sounded very similar to his real name.

He had 40 bank accounts? Holy sh*t. 

People even used to pay the delivery boys some amount to unbox the phone, deliver the phone, keep a brick in the outer box and deliver the box again. This way, they can make an unboxing video and claim a refund.

I am sure this sh*t happens elsewhere too - ethical and moral issues don't have a MADE IN INDIA stamp. It's just that in India, they can get away with taking away basic rights since nobody offered them before, whereas in US and many other countries, they will either lose business if they don't allow such claims or they are bound by law (EU) to honor returns and refunds for extended period of time. 

You can literally see f**ktons of people in the US using a phone for 30 days, saying AH, I DON"T LIKE IT, and returning to the seller.

Then there are sh*t ton of sites offering carding, getting refunds etc, specially out of US - all illegal stuff. 

People are assholes, and they will try to scam companies regardless of country. Maybe the instances are higher in India, but this is not an India specific issue. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

Received the Pixel 4A last night. Out for delivery since 9.30 AM and got it at 8 PM. Wait was tough. Opening the phone wasn't because it wasn't packed well from Flipkart. 

The Good : Camera ofcourse. Day and Night difference from my previous phone which was OnePlus 7 (non-pro). Haptic feedback is awesome. Gives a premium feel while using the phone, specially typing. Form factor of 5.81 inch is a refreshing change from all the phablet phones out there. Phone is light weight and cute. Battery is also one of the pros of the phone. 3100 mah which is less as per 2020 standards where 4000 is a pretty common but Pixel 4A should easily lasts a day. I am at 2.5 hours screen time with 65% remaining. 

The bad : CHARGING SPEED is criminally low. and that's the only major flaw. 18W fast charger is slow AF. No inbuilt voice recorder which I always liked in OnePlus phones. Dual speakers are nice but could have been better.  

Overall : Loving the phone and bought an mi power bank of 10k mah just in case I run out of battery. 

Awesome. Like @Bird Bird Bird said, welcome to the Pixel family.

I agree, for anyone coming from a OP phone, the charging speed will be slower. Glad to hear about the haptic feedback. How is the screen, though?

BTW, Google has one of the best recorder-apps. But yeah, I don't think it's in-built, but has to be downloaded.

And my 4a was just shipped today. According to the tracking, it's in Mumbai, so I'm guessing it'll be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully.

12 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Awesome. Like @Bird Bird Bird said, welcome to the Pixel family.

I agree, for anyone coming from a OP phone, the charging speed will be slower. Glad to hear about the haptic feedback. How is the screen, though?

BTW, Google has one of the best recorder-apps. But yeah, I don't think it's in-built, but has to be downloaded.

And my 4a was just shipped today. According to the tracking, it's in Mumbai, so I'm guessing it'll be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully.

Yeah, the recorder app is GOD tier. 

P4a came back in stock and went OOS AGAIN within minutes. :lol:

FU Google. :rant:

Any of you bought any mobiles from Flipkart along with the Smart Upgrafe offer?
I am asking because I bought the Samsung S20 plus along with the Smart Upgrade Add-on but paid the full amount at checkout. When I received my phone, I started getting constant Flipkart notifications on restart telling me either to upgrade or pay the balance amount which does not even apply to me as I have paid the full amount in the beginning only.

The customer care is useless telling me to pay the balance amount to get rid of it or that as I opted for Smart Upgrade add-on it is going to show the notification. I am seriously considering returning the phone. Any advice is appreciated.

IMG_1192.jpgIMG_1191.jpg

Man that must be annoying.....Do they accept returns?

I have till 23 Oct to apply for return but the thing is the phone is performing perfectly fine with only this minor annoyance irritating me. I also don’t know if after 1 year if they will lock the device and tell to pay 15k again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, PSFooty7 said:

Any of you bought any mobiles from Flipkart along with the Smart Upgrafe offer?
I am asking because I bought the Samsung S20 plus along with the Smart Upgrade Add-on but paid the full amount at checkout. When I received my phone, I started getting constant Flipkart notifications on restart telling me either to upgrade or pay the balance amount which does not even apply to me as I have paid the full amount in the beginning only.

The customer care is useless telling me to pay the balance amount to get rid of it or that as I opted for Smart Upgrade add-on it is going to show the notification. I am seriously considering returning the phone. Any advice is appreciated.

IMG_1192.jpgIMG_1191.jpg

You bought both the smart upgrade add on AND paid full price ? How's that possible ? The moment you add SU, it'll decrease the price to 35k-ish. Else you gotta delete the SU addon to pay full price. 

Then why the hell did you take smart upgrade? 

For ₹200 I had the option to return the phone after 1 year or upgrade it so I took the option. But if any type of exchange voids the offer then it shouldn’t matter right?

10 minutes ago, adity said:

Then why the hell did you take smart upgrade? 

Smart Upgrade is a scam. Samsung Website gives the best value for exchange so it is more sensible to buy a samsung phone on sale from Flipkart and exchange it on Samsung when they have a new launch. I Got 51K exchange value on my 10 months old Note 10+ which i bought for 68K after all discounts. Along with this 51K, I got the vouchers worth 10K which I used to buy Galaxy buds+ and got another voucher worth 1800 later on. So in total Sammy gave me a value of 62.8K on my 68K phone. Pretty darn good. Only reason why I upgraded to Note 20 Ultra.