The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

38 minutes ago, PSFooty7 said:

For ₹200 I had the option to return the phone after 1 year or upgrade it so I took the option. But if any type of exchange voids the offer then it shouldn’t matter right?

Weird. SU is showing 499 for me. 

Just now, PSFooty7 said:

Yeah they changed the pricing after first day.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_1196.jpg

Oh. 

BTW, how's the experience so far ? Does your phone heat ? How's the battery life ? Can you post some pics taken from all the cameras ?

I want to upgrade from my P2XL, but unsure due to Exynos and camera. 

12 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Exynos is a battery drainer. My s10e is an amazing phone but the battery sucks

That's why want to check how the 990 does. Most YT reviews say that it does drain battery fast, specially in idle. But many redditors receive 7-9 hours SOT, so it's a toss. 

34 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

That's why want to check how the 990 does. Most YT reviews say that it does drain battery fast, specially in idle. But many redditors receive 7-9 hours SOT, so it's a toss. 

Wont buy an exynos phone until an unless some one near to me says its good. Not gonna go by redditors they said the same for s10e but then twisted it saying they used power saving mode which defeats the purpose.

7 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Wont buy an exynos phone until an unless some one near to me says its good. Not gonna go by redditors they said the same for s10e but then twisted it saying they used power saving mode which defeats the purpose.

Man, there is no 50k-ish phone which is a holistic package right now (in India). So f**king weird. 

OP8P has screen and heating issues

S20 series has Exynos

iPhones, well, much above the target price

Pixel flagship not launched in India

Zenfone 7z not launched in India

ROG3 has sh*t camera, and is super bulky

What a shitshow. No winner in that segment. 

:(

Oh. 

BTW, how's the experience so far ? Does your phone heat ? How's the battery life ? Can you post some pics taken from all the cameras ?

I want to upgrade from my P2XL, but unsure due to Exynos and camera. 

Yeah, that’s the thing the phone itself is great.

Yes the phone overheats randomly but after the latest update it has reduced to an extent but do note I don’t game and primary use is calls, social media and checking mails.

Can’t comment on the battery life as it’s only been 2 days but I think it will be around 4-5 hours SOT as reviews suggest which is barely ok for a 4500 mah phone.

The exynos chip is fast enough for my use case and I didn’t witness any throttling.

Don’t have many pics but this one photo I can compare between s20 plus (first pic) and iPhone 11 Pro (second pic) in night mode.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_1197.thumb.jpg.fd64ce4988eb138888b4d8e17b163fb1.jpgIMG_1188.thumb.jpg.118e164798bce0158fa0303ce4caccea.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PSFooty7 said:

Yeah, that’s the thing the phone itself is great.
Yes the phone overheats randomly but after the latest update it has reduced to an extent but do note I don’t game and primary use is calls, social media and checking mails.

Can’t comment on the battery life as it’s only been 2 days but I think it will be around 4-5 hours SOT as reviews suggest which is barely ok for a 4500 mah phone.

The exynos chip is fast enough for my use case and I didn’t witness any throttling.

Don’t have many pics but this one photo I can compare between s20 plus and iPhone 11 Pro in night mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, mate. iPhone 11 is easily bettered by Pixel 2, so I believe S20+ should do similar, if not better. Colors, as usual, look over-saturated though. 

My gripe with samsung has not been the processor, but the battery. Once it hits 25% it drains like crazy, other then that, in my S9+ i was happy with the exynos, but then again i hardly play game son the phone, so hardly any of my usage pushes the phone to heat up, except while recording in 4K.

The one thing i miss badly is Samsung Pay, it was such a beautiful execution of the concept, it could be one single reason i might go back to samsung next year.

41 minutes ago, AtheK said:

My gripe with samsung has not been the processor, but the battery. Once it hits 25% it drains like crazy, other then that, in my S9+ i was happy with the exynos, but then again i hardly play game son the phone, so hardly any of my usage pushes the phone to heat up, except while recording in 4K.

The one thing i miss badly is Samsung Pay, it was such a beautiful execution of the concept, it could be one single reason i might go back to samsung next year.

The cause of the drain is Exynos. I don't play games as well, but I've heard horrible stories of phone heating up like crazy when shooting continuously for 7-10 mins or so.

If Samsung ain't selling Exynos in their parent market, Korea, why the f**k are they hell bent on sh*ting on other markets ? They also know that they will lose a f**kton of market share in US if they start the Exynos sh*t. Indians, we will just lap up anything if it reeks of luxury. 

7 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

The cause of the drain is Exynos. I don't play games as well, but I've heard horrible stories of phone heating up like crazy when shooting continuously for 7-10 mins or so.

If Samsung ain't selling Exynos in their parent market, Korea, why the f**k are they hell bent on sh*ting on other markets ? They also know that they will lose a f**kton of market share in US if they start the Exynos sh*t. Indians, we will just lap up anything if it reeks of luxury. 

well entire europe also gets exynos, it is cause of some competition thing not all markets get exynos. If samsung had it's way they would not sell SD to any one :P

If anything has to go by, next iteration benchmarks seems to be on par with SD, we will see.

That said if i was in market today for a phone, it would have been a close fight between OP8T and S20+, with probably getting the S20+. It's a beautiful phone for 47K. Pixels well i don't even care about them :P

Edited by AtheK

4 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Man, there is no 50k-ish phone which is a holistic package right now (in India). So f**king weird. 

S20 series has Exynos

I feel ya

10 minutes ago, AtheK said:

well entire europe also gets exynos, it is cause of some competition thing not all markets get exynos. If samsung had it's way they would not sell SD to any one :P

If anything has to go by, next iteration benchmarks seems to be on par with SD, we will see.

That said if i was in market today for a phone, it would have been a close fight between OP8T and S20+, with probably getting the S20+. It's a beautiful phone for 47K. Pixels well i don't even care about them :P

Nah, man. All rumors about Exynos 2100, 1000, 1080 etc. Some benches here and there, but that's what Samsung promises every year. Unless we see a phone out of any of them, and get some real world examples, all vaporware wrt SD series. 

I think it speaks volumes that Korea gets SD. Clearly goes on to show that SD offers a much better experience. 

OP8T is meh. Sub par cameras. Not enjoying any OP phone this year. Not to forget the FB fiasco (still exists btw), and now they are updating 3rd party apps like Amazon via system updates (WTF). 

4 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Nah, man. All rumors about Exynos 2100, 1000, 1080 etc. Some benches here and there, but that's what Samsung promises every year. Unless we see a phone out of any of them, and get some real world examples, all vaporware wrt SD series. 

I think it speaks volumes that Korea gets SD. Clearly goes on to show that SD offers a much better experience. 

OP8T is meh. Sub par cameras. Not enjoying any OP phone this year. Not to forget the FB fiasco (still exists btw), and now they are updating 3rd party apps like Amazon via system updates (WTF). 

Ya as you said, not a great phone this year. A friend is actually OK to get me an iphone 12 pro for 1000$, he is in portland, so no Tax. But that still does not cut it, somehow that notch is just a sore point. One plus 7t pro mclaren edition is a beautiful phone, except an above average camera there is thing much to complaint.

The 4a was delivered today. :D

Just took the package from the security guard on my way back from work. Will freshen up and then get to setting it up. Another friend who got it today, told me that it comes with Android 10 out of the box. :mellow: Will be weird going from Android 11 to 10, and then back to 11, since the update for the 4a is available.

Can't believe it's about time for my Pixel 2 XL. Will surely miss it. :sadbye: Almost 3 years and barring the power button issue (which just started a couple of weeks ago), I've never had any issues. Rest well, my friend. :sadbye:

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I can second that, was using Note 9 and 10+ (Exynos-bought at launch) for the last 2 years and now using Fold 2 which has 865+ for best part of 3 weeks, there is a marked improvement in the battery inspite of the bigger screen. Let's hope it stays this way.

5 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

S20 series has Exynos

Pixel 5?