The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

Guys who have bought pixel 4a. I noticed on the box is 32k MRP lol.

Why is that? When 50k is the price here

What? What? What? The MRP is ₹31,999. FK is selling it for ₹29,999 during this sale.

I think there are quite a few people who are unaware.

A friend at work thought I bought a 50k phone. Another friend on IG thought the same. The reason for that is that there's some seller on Amazon who is selling the P4a for ~₹50k+.

Feel sad for anyone who ends up buying it from there.

Proper 1 day of use. Unplugged the phone at about 6:00 AM (100%). About to plug in now.

vG9AJuJ.png

Very impressed with this. Also, this was one of those days where my phone was used quite a bit more than usual, so expecting it to be even better on lighter days.

Note: I do not play any games on my phone, so this does not include any time spent on games. Also, I make sure my phone turns on Battery Saver mode at 35% automatically. So, that's something to keep in mind as well. Also, pretty sure Adaptive Battery has not kicked in yet, as well.

2 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

@VelivolusDas How long does it take you to charge?

Haven't timed the 4a yet, but I think I have a fair idea.

It's the same old 18W charger that Pixels have always had. Basically, quite longer than other fast charging tech out there. But I'm kinda used to that with the P2XL. From about 3%-5% to 100%, on the P2XL would take about an hour and a half or so. The first 40% to 50% would be quite quick, like in about 30-35 minutes. Rest would take longer.

The 4a should be slightly faster than the 2XL considering it has a battery of a lesser capacity (3140 mAh v 3520 mAh).

58 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Proper 1 day of use. Unplugged the phone at about 6:00 AM (100%). About to plug in now.

vG9AJuJ.png

Very impressed with this. Also, this was one of those days where my phone was used quite a bit more than usual, so expecting it to be even better on lighter days.

Note: I do not play any games on my phone, so this does not include any time spent on games. Also, I make sure my phone turns on Battery Saver mode at 35% automatically. So, that's something to keep in mind as well. Also, pretty sure Adaptive Battery has not kicked in yet, as well.

GPS, Bluetooth and WiFi on?

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

GPS, Bluetooth and WiFi on?

GPS and Wi-Fi were always off.

I don't have a broadband connection at home, so used the hotspot from the phone for about 2 hours too.

Used Bluetooth for music for about an hour to and fro work (~30 minutes each way).

@VelivolusDas @Bird Bird Bird I bought a Power Bank for P4A which has 18W Fast charge but it doesn't have USB Type C output. Will this cable be able to solve my purpose of getting fast charge from the Power Bank ? I have Dash Car Charger for OnePlus but it doesn't fast charge Pixel 4A. That would have been great.

40 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

@VelivolusDas @Bird Bird Bird I bought a Power Bank for P4A which has 18W Fast charge but it doesn't have USB Type C output. Will this cable be able to solve my purpose of getting fast charge from the Power Bank ? I have Dash Car Charger for OnePlus but it doesn't fast charge Pixel 4A. That would have been great.

I sometimes use the Oneplus USB A to USB C cable  to charge P2XL. Works fine for rapid charging. Infact works better than Google's C to C cable. LOL. 

6 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

@Bird Bird Bird P4A is technically not "coming soon" at the moment, but shows pin code not serviceable. Keep an eye maybe.

I check it once every hour or so, man. 

Such a f**ked up launch/inventory management. The pin code issue has existed since Day 2 of BBD. 

Looks like Google only imported double digit devices for India. 

45 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

That's it..Pixel 4a will be my next phone. S9+ is still going but now it has started acting weird, like the infamous charging port problem and sudden battery drops. Only thing I'll miss is the screen.

Pixel 4A has the brightest display in any of Pixel phone that came before it. I use it in Sunlight quite often and find no issues.

3 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

Not sure, to be honest. I've used OP's Dash Charging brick + cable in the past on my P2XL and it hasn't worked.

I then bought a power bank that is USB-PD compatible and have always used it since. Works fine on the 4a, too.