The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

3 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Willing to trade my S21 Ultra for a Pixel 4A

Can't stand the uncountable issues. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/9to5google.com/2021/02/01/pixel-4a-5g-touch-issues/amp/

Pixels always had stupid hardware issues. thought 3a and 4a were exceptions. weird. 

whatever. iphone bessst for dubai/us prices :wub: B)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, muathaz03 said:

Pixels always had stupid hardware issues. thought 3a and 4a were exceptions. weird. 

whatever. iphone bessst for dubai/us prices :wub: B)

Ab toh gotey bechne pad jaaye, S21 Ultra ko straight up trade kar ke rahoonga for a Pixel 4A.

Samsung sucks : Pixel rocks. 

Edited by Jigsaw
Update

Article padha, ya sirf headline pe commentary shuru ? It's even killing alarms, basic notifications, health apps needing continuous data collection etc. 

For the highlighted part, just use a Pixel. 
Been a Oneplus user for 3 years now. Never killed something as basic as alarm, never had problems with app killed in background (at least for those apps which I care about) . Not sure why OP is infamous in that section lol.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

Willing to trade my S21 Ultra for a Pixel 4A

Can't stand the uncountable issues. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/9to5google.com/2021/02/01/pixel-4a-5g-touch-issues/amp/

P4a and P4a 5G are different phones. Also, Google just wants to kill the 3 button navigation - plain and simple. 

Getting used to the gesture navigation will be challenging for old folks. 

2 hours ago, dante77 said:
9 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Article padha, ya sirf headline pe commentary shuru ? It's even killing alarms, basic notifications, health apps needing continuous data collection etc. 

For the highlighted part, just use a Pixel. 

Been a Oneplus user for 3 years now. Never killed something as basic as alarm, never had problems with app killed in background (at least for those apps which I care about) . Not sure why OP is infamous in that section lol.

OP went to the gutter with series 8. Poor hardware in the Pro, bad launch, Facebook integration even if you don't want it etc. 

They were pretty good with the routine flagship and T line. Then came the Pro, now budget series etc. 

OP basically became the same company it was trying not to be. All BBK designs copied here and there in most of their phones. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

OP went to the gutter with series 8. Poor hardware in the Pro, bad launch, Facebook integration even if you don't want it etc. 
They were pretty good with the routine flagship and T line. Then came the Pro, now budget series etc. 
OP basically became the same company it was trying not to be. All BBK designs copied here and there in most of their phones. 
Ohhh OK. I have 5T so that explains it.

• 2 weeks later...
Want to buy phone for mom. Budget around ~30k. 

Her uses:

Phone Calls

WhatsApp

YouTube

Games like Candy Crush

I'm thinking One Plus Nord? Pixel 4a might also be an option.

Any other suggestions, comments? 

Nord is good for light users but if you can get your hands on pixel, its better! I have made my brothers buy 4a and they are loving it. The small screen wouldn't be a problem for some one like your mom.

Edit: just checked, sadly you have to shell extra 2k for 4a as there is no deal going on. Pretty sure it was around 27k after using the card at that time when it launched!

40 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Want to buy phone for mom. Budget around ~30k. 

Her uses:

Phone Calls

WhatsApp

YouTube

Games like Candy Crush

I'm thinking One Plus Nord? Pixel 4a might also be an option.

Any other suggestions, comments? 

P4a. Forget about other phones at that price point. 

Excellent screen size, and great battery. Runs buttery smooth. 

Friend has a Pixel 4a. Its too pricy considering the hardware though..

Also one time we were inside this pub where my K20 had good signal strength whereas friend's P4A was in "emergency calls only" mode at the same place. Both on Vi network.

On 3/6/2021 at 4:06 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

P4a. Forget about other phones at that price point. 

Excellent screen size, and great battery. Runs buttery smooth. 

4 hours ago, goDofWar_skr said:

Friend has a Pixel 4a. Its too pricy considering the hardware though..

Also one time we were inside this pub where my K20 had good signal strength whereas friend's P4A was in "emergency calls only" mode at the same place. Both on Vi network.

50usyh.jpg

Edited by AtheK
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5