The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

45 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Am I the only one who wants Google to bring back flagship Pixels?

Give me Pixel 6 with the best specs and upgraded visual core.

Then they'll do the retarded pricing again. Their Pixel 5 approach is pretty good, with the reasonably powerful chipset and price.

Too bad they did not launch it in India.

3 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Then they'll do the retarded pricing again. Their Pixel 5 approach is pretty good, with the reasonably powerful chipset and price.

Too bad they did not launch it in India.

They can do that because I am gonna keep my phone for 2-3yrs, so extra price doesn't matter.

Although their pricing does go out of whack.

I just want the best specs and camera.

1 hour ago, kunjanp said:

Am I the only one who wants Google to bring back flagship Pixels?

Give me Pixel 6 with the best specs and upgraded visual core.

Me too. But the A series are really good. Excellent vfm phones. Unless they keep extra camera features for flagships, I'm happy with A series. 

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

No @Bird Bird Bird is in front of the pack :P

My man ! :hi:

29 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

It's more about hate towards Exynos than love for Pixel :P

Nah. I honestly enjoy the simplicity of Pixel. 4th year running with a Pixel, no plans to change. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kold_war said:

If they start manufacturing in India , maybe then they can announce lower prices I guess.

You have way more confidence in Google than me. :lol:

They are looking to increase the price to around 40k. Even the Google head quoted 30k-40k is the new exploding segment, and that's where they want to be positioned, plus they obviously want to play on the brand value, so they will squeeze every extra penny they can. 

Now that there is no free original size upload to Google Photos, they really don't have any extra perk in their hands except Pixel exclusive feature set (which eventually trickle down to all phones). Going from the current 30k to 40k will be a blunder IMO. 30k-ish a sweet price for those who like Pixel, and even for new users to get an experience. 40k, and you are competing with a whole new range of phones, and competition gets tough. 

Pixel 2 was a moderate success in India, and Pixel 3 was priced so ostentatiously (and failed miserably) that they did not even launch P4 in India (apart from the Soli issue). P4a is a moderate success again (really surprising and well thought pricing), and unless they keep competitive pricing, P5a is primed for failure. 

If they keep on doing all A series phones for 399USD, they can really create their own segment. 

• Sad 1

~₹30k pricing was too good for the 4a, TBH. I don't think people were expecting that. So, it was a pleasant surprise.

Now, I'm not surprised by the fact that Google India wants to increase the price of the next phone. :mellow:

Oh well, I hope they are in their senses when the Pixel 6a or the 7a launches (coz that's when I'll upgrade). :D

2 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

~₹30k pricing was too good for the 4a, TBH. I don't think people were expecting that. So, it was a pleasant surprise.

Now, I'm not surprised by the fact that Google India wants to increase the price of the next phone. :mellow:

Oh well, I hope they are in their senses when the Pixel 6a or the 7a launches (coz that's when I'll upgrade). :D

I will possibly upgrade to 5a if it has a decent dual camera system, and is priced aggressively. 

• 2 weeks later...

Confused between Oneplus 8 pro Or Oneplus 9

Can't think of any other brand. The little things that Oneplus provides like that alert slider, amazing charging speed and lightning fast speed with no bloatware and clean OS with a promise of 3 years upgrade is something unbeatable.

So, a big NO before someone says 'Neither' [emoji14]

Yeah. Latest means longer support and faster snapdragon. My oneplus 5T (Yes 3 year it survived!) still works very fast and it SD 835 was the latest at that time.

I just wish OnePlus camera would come with 30x zoom like Galaxy phones. That Hasselblad is wasted, and it costs a bomb because of that. Shitty move.

Anyway, will go for Oneplus 9 probably. Samsung also ships with Exynos only in India :doh:

4 minutes ago, black_Scorpion said:

Any good camera/flagship phone to replace Huawei P20 Pro.

S21 Ultra :P

It has exynos so doctor will come and tell you to buy Pixel :P

• Haha 3