The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

3 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Oneplus Nord is decent too. A second version is lined up for this year.

Pretty bad cameras, and don't trust OP for updates. Look at what happened to 7T line. The recent update made the phone almost unusable. When they can f**k up their premium lines, budget line stands no chance. 

OP has gone to dogshit as a company. 

Pretty bad cameras, and don't trust OP for updates. Look at what happened to 7T line. The recent update made the phone almost unusable. When they can f**k up their premium lines, budget line stands no chance.   

OP has gone to dogshit as a company. 

Didn't know they did that with 7T. They supported 5T for full 3 years even though they didn't promise it.  

Anyway, I am a pixel fan myself. Convinced both of my brothers to buy Pixel 4a and that price is a steal for that camera alone. But the screen size might not be for everyone, especially if someone is using it as a primary phone.

Heck, they even have a decent haptics which I don't think any other phone including Oneplus is providing at this price range. But again, that screen size!

6 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Didn't know they did that with 7T. They supported 5T for full 3 years even though they didn't promise it.  

Anyway, I am a pixel fan myself. Convinced both of my brothers to buy Pixel 4a and that price is a steal for that camera alone. But the screen size might not be for everyone, especially if someone is using it as a primary phone.

Heck, they even have a decent haptics which I don't think any other phone including Oneplus is providing at this price range. But again, that screen size!

Coming from a 2XL, which was the usual unwieldy phone for bedtime reads and two handed use, I actually love the 4a's screen size. f**king Google moved to larger screen with 5a (size of 4a XL). :cry:

• Like 1

Anyone considering the 4a, should just wait a bit for the 5a announcement. Should happen around Google I/O on 18th-20th May.

India is one of the first markets to get the A-series phones, so it could be worth waiting to see the pricing at least. If they price it atrociously (like the 3a), then go for the 4a. Otherwise, get the 5a itself.

1 minute ago, VelivolusDas said:

Anyone considering the 4a, should just wait a bit for the 5a announcement. Should happen around Google I/O on 18th-20th May.

India is one of the first markets to get the A-series phones, so it could be worth waiting to see the pricing at least. If they price it atrociously (like the 3a), then go for the 4a. Otherwise, get the 5a itself.

Should get announced tonight, alongwith Android 12. IO beginning at 10:30 PM IST. 

Google has explicitly announced very limited release for 5a for now. Maybe it was in error, maybe intentional, will probably get to know tonight. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Should get announced tonight, alongwith Android 12. IO beginning at 10:30 PM IST. 

Google has explicitly announced very limited release for 5a for now. Maybe it was in error, maybe intentional, will probably get to know tonight. 

I am gonna wait for P6 & P6 Pro. Can't drop down to a smaller screen.

P2XL still getting the job done.

1 minute ago, LordSpymaster said:

What's a good phone for parents? I'm looking at a budget of around 15k. No MI phones please, we don't like them.
Samsung M31 they have used and liked it but looking for something else.

Samsung M51 is a decent option but it is slightly over budget. You can also look at Motorola's offerings in that budget.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

What's a good phone for parents? I'm looking at a budget of around 15k. No MI phones please, we don't like them.
Samsung M31 they have used and liked it but looking for something else.

Moto. Stock Android, works well. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I was waiting for the event but turns out it is tom :wallbash:

12 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

12 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I think I'm gonna go for the 5A. I don't mind a larger screen size. Primary motive is the stock android  (I'm coming from an Android One device) and the camera. 

Hoping for decent pricing. The 4A sales have hopefully convinced them that the budget phone market is open to good pricing for a Pixel device

4 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Google IO starts at 10:30PM for all the people who aren't advised by their doctors to sleep early :thumbsup:

Some choose to sleep early to avoid seeing things Apple did years ago. :giggle: