The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

Which phone to get under 15k?
Need one for my niece, requirements are decent screen, camera, battery. Basically an all rounder.
Don't want randoms ads in the phone.
What's the best option?
This will suit her perfectly.

4efb085ce643e105f0d62f0accae20a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, DinJo said:

You just need photos app to work with Google lens 

Another thing to download for a Samsung phone. And honestly I forgot Google lens could do it until @KunjanPSD mentioned it lmao ??? I get a lot of addresses as photos , this would be a lot of help. 
all I’m saying is having it right into the camera app makes it easier.

51 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Another thing to download for a Samsung phone. And honestly I forgot Google lens could do it until @KunjanPSD mentioned it lmao ??? I get a lot of addresses as photos , this would be a lot of help. 
all I’m saying is having it right into the camera app makes it easier.

You can use the smart select menu from the Samsung side bar. Its very good at extracting text from pictures. Samsung Camera app also has an automatic 'Text' mode to take sharper pictures of text which you can later extract using the smart select app. Not as elegant as the Google Camera app, but still works

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Great stuff from Apple. iOS, iPad OS. 

Android is really looking like an outdated experience now. F uck, how times change ?!

The Universal Control is the slickest demo I have seen in a long time from Apple. The whole thing just works seamlessly and a massive plus for multitasking.

10 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

The Universal Control is the slickest demo I have seen in a long time from Apple. The whole thing just works seamlessly and a massive plus for multitasking.

Yeah. No 3rd party app needed. The new Safari is pretty cool too. Glad they are trying to get new multi-tasking features on iPad (though there are just too many gestures now, and no idea if those minimized windows will keep in memory on older iPads). 

Maps looks awesome. That elevation data changes everything. Too bad not in India. 

Shareplay is pretty cool too. Needs more app support, but seamless stuff. 

It was a solid presentation, and I'm sure the new OSs have many unannounced updates. 

8 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yeah. No 3rd party app needed. The new Safari is pretty cool too. Glad they are trying to get new multi-tasking features on iPad (though there are just too many gestures now, and no idea if those minimized windows will keep in memory on older iPads). 

Maps looks awesome. That elevation data changes everything. Too bad not in India. 

Shareplay is pretty cool too. Needs more app support, but seamless stuff. 

It was a solid presentation, and I'm sure the new OSs have many unannounced updates. 

Compared to iPadOS and macOS, iOS seems pretty tame this year. No matter how much multitasking feature they put into ipad, it is never going to be on par with macs and Apple will not even go the whole length. At this point it is just too many gestures to remember.

FT and iMessage features are good too but is practical in countries like US where iphones are dominant.

But overall instead of unnecessary visual overhauls, the upgrades this year are squarely feature based. 

59 minutes ago, psinide said:

You can use the smart select menu from the Samsung side bar. Its very good at extracting text from pictures. Samsung Camera app also has an automatic 'Text' mode to take sharper pictures of text which you can later extract using the smart select app. Not as elegant as the Google Camera app, but still works

Thanks for tip. I don’t use Samsung anymore but will be handy if I decide to switch again.

11 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Cook... Craig knows whats best. :notangel:

Craig - We aren’t bringing T9 dialer because we want it to be special and better just like why we are not bringing calculator for Ipados

Me - *Surprised pikachu face* 

bruh T9 won’t even require them one day of code :sleep:

12 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Great stuff from Apple. iOS, iPad OS. 

Android is really looking like an outdated experience now. F uck, how times change ?!

If only Apple ditched that dated notch.... 

But yeah Android OEMs are starting to lose the plot. I don't think aside from Pixels and Samsung S series, other phones even get timely updates now. OnePlus used to be the "cool" brand, but they have had a lot of missteps lately. Very few options to choose from!